• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What have you changed your mind on?

Serk102

First nonbot on TBT 2.0
Bells
Mailbox
Ancient Lantern
Dusty Scroll
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
I was reading some of my old posts, and came across some political threads from years ago. I realized that my political opinions from 2010 are wayyy different from what they are today. I was curious if anyone had any similar stories they wished to share.

I used to believe that David Bowie wasn't the most important person in the world. Sad days.

back in 2013 to early 2014 I was becoming an insufferable "sjw" but thankfully I stopped myself before I fell too far.

I don't even want to look at some of my old posts. pretty sure there'd be plenty of cringe

in the past, i couldnt care less about politics ot educating myself about current events regarding them. however, i started paying more attention to them once donald trump starting running and i know way more than i used to, and i think politics are an important discussion topic to get involved in

mm i guess what I wanted to major in and my political views

Can you elaborate?

Personally, I noticed my political views are much more liberal now than when I was younger. I think in part because my parents are staunch conservatives and had a big impact on my view of the world. As I started to grow older, I became more independent in my thinking, and started to move to the left on some issues. It seems like I'm moving back towards the center a bit now though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

in the past, i couldnt care less about politics ot educating myself about current events regarding them. however, i started paying more attention to them once donald trump starting running and i know way more than i used to, and i think politics are an important discussion topic to get involved in

Hey, good for you on taking the initiative to educate yourself on the issues! I'm not sure how old you are, but if you're really interested in learning more, think about joining the debate team. I was in debate my senior year of high school, and definitely learned a lot about both sides of some hot button issues. I also picked up a few useful public speaking skills.

I've changed my mind on a lot of things...like all of us have! Honestly, if you're too closed off from changing it's unhealthy.

I used to hate planning things out, and I used to think it's more important to just go with the flow...but since then I've learned that it's important to deal with something in the moment instead of tabling it for too long.
Also, I used to be 100% sure that for college (I'll be a freshman in September), I was going into paleontology. I love history/dinosaurs/geology etc. so much, but looking at how the world is going, it looks like we're going to need more people focused on environmental conservation/preservation right now...so I'm going to be focusing on Marine Science starting in the fall. :)

Oh, and um... I've gotten more liberal-ey than I'm willing to admit. I try to say I'm more centered or neutral, but looking at most of the republicans that're in office/will be in office, I just agree with little to none of their values whatsoever. Oh well, I won't be shoving my opinion down anyone's throats on the matter.

My decision to take the SATs. At first, I felt like there'd be no point to doing so as I would probably fail either way. But then I realized I could take it for the first time free of charge so I had nothing to lose.

I used to want a really nice, big house. Lots of cool stuff. Now I realize how unimportant it all is. I want to get rid of a bunch of stuff and sell my house and buy a very small one. Now if I can just get my family to think the same way. Lol.

Sour cream. OMG. Why did it take so long for me to discover how yummy it tastes?

how i feel about being an artist

edit** oh also how i feel about kinfolk

Last edited:
It's part of growing up, and you never really stop. Even your core set of values can shift depending on your life experiences and how receptive you are to change, or to the fact that your original viewpoint might have been wrong - or just wrong for you specifically. I've said things a month ago I'd probably feel different about today, let alone years, decades. God, ten years ago I was a cringe-worthy wreck, but that's the teenage years for you I guess. If you're lucky you become less of a wreck with time, but I've never known a soul whose opinions were completely set in stone.

All the examples that first sprang to mind were far too personal or "heavy" for me to feel comfortable posting so this is my contribution, heh

Last edited:
What your parents think is best for you is not always what is best for you.

Finishing uni and getting your degree does not mean you'll instantly have a job.

Rather than being wealthy and aiming to have whatever you desire, just aim towards whatever would make you content and fulfilled.

Back in like, 2009-2010ish, before the whole m'lady thing and MRA and meninist stuff were memes or well known at all, like back when it was fairly unheard of, I used to really feel really invested in some of those ideas. Like really invested. I never really posted anything anywhere about it, but some of it just really made sense at the time and it helped me appreciate how some people can fall into that trap and become brainwashed by that ideology.

Looking back on it now, it's very embarrassing, but my views have changed so much since then that I don't really associate it with myself anymore so I figure it's alright to share.

Last edited:
Holy moly it's John

Uhh, obviously my political views b/c I'm not so malleable any more (parents don't have quite the grip on me they used to), my taste in music went from dadrock to meme music like Vaporwave or Futurefunk, my taste in vidjemo games has remained the same (smash = goat)

Holy moly it's John

Uhh, obviously my political views b/c I'm not so malleable any more (parents don't have quite the grip on me they used to), my taste in music went from dadrock to meme music like Vaporwave or Futurefunk, my taste in vidjemo games has remained the same (smash = goat)

I visit once in the summer, once in the winter. It's fun seeing who's still around. Also, I didn't know meme music was a thing.

Last edited:
Back