• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

what does your market box look like?

I market whatever I have extra of and try to keep it full... I use my friends market boxes often, or the random player in town, especially for fruit which takes a long time to regrow. With fruit it's always you either have too much, or not enough! :p
My camp has extra peaches and oranges.
I should probably get rid of the bass and snapper.

Capture_2017-12-16-14-00-23.png

Yaknow the funny thing about "fruit takes forever to grow" is that in normal animal crossing it takes 3 days but I guess it's because supply and demand

I don't really do anything with it... What would you guys want lol

Shells (which surprisingly sell quite often), pears and peaches. Sometimes tiger butterflies and fruit beetles. I mostly sell at lowest price so 20 bells for one item.

I originally put up only items I had too much of, but then I realized people are really into the basic things the villagers need, obviously. I've been putting up my extra fruits, fruit beetles, olive flounders, tiger/monarch butterflies, shells, etc. just because other people who check out my Market Box tend to go for those (rather than the more rare things such as tuna and blowfish). They're cheap but I usually will have at least three things sell per day since it's all in high demand. You gotta master the system!

I started off with stacks of 10 until I realized that was probably too big of a stack for anyone to reasonably use. So now I try and keep a variety of common items stocked, no more than 1 box of any given item, and usually 5 for 100. But I have a friend who the last few days has been pretty much wiping my entire box clean once a day. I'm not sure if he's trying to be nice by giving me a steady income, but it's getting hard to keep up with restocking, so I'm now tending to list at 3 for 100. I'm torn about whether to keep this friend; on one hand the whole point of the market box is to make some money. On the other hand, I don't want it to become a chore, and I feel it's a little unfair to my other friends if he sweeps everything and I don't have time to restock.

I started off with stacks of 10 until I realized that was probably too big of a stack for anyone to reasonably use. So now I try and keep a variety of common items stocked, no more than 1 box of any given item, and usually 5 for 100. But I have a friend who the last few days has been pretty much wiping my entire box clean once a day. I'm not sure if he's trying to be nice by giving me a steady income, but it's getting hard to keep up with restocking, so I'm now tending to list at 3 for 100. I'm torn about whether to keep this friend; on one hand the whole point of the market box is to make some money. On the other hand, I don't want it to become a chore, and I feel it's a little unfair to my other friends if he sweeps everything and I don't have time to restock.

I had someone like that who I eventually removed. She would wipe my market box clean multiple times a day and I suspect it was to sell those items at a higher price. I kept a well stocked market box with items at 5 for 100 bells as well and whenever I'd visit her campsite I'd find hers fully stocked too at about 3.9 times my price.
I don't have proof that she was reselling my own items but I didn't want to let her keep wiping me clean because my market box is there to help people with requests. And there's no way she could have kept running out of items for requests with the amount she was buying off me. She wouldn't even stop by my garden or give kudos even though I would water her flowers whenever I could. I felt like she was just in it for the profit.

Last edited:
Back