• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What do you think of the new amiibo feature in ACNL?

IWantPeanut

Bells
Sooooooo when I first found out about it I was so excited because Rosie had just moved out (oops) and now I could so easily get her back! but then I started thinking... about all that work a lot of people have put in to cycling for their favourite villagers....

what do you guys think? it is a much needed improvement? or just an easy way to get all your favourites?

I love the new amiibo feature. It's been keeping me busy, and I love that. I don't think it's a bad thing that we can get our favorites a bit easier. We still have to buy the cards or adopt them from someone. I think it makes the game more enjoyable.

I love the amiibo feature, I have got more villagers that I love and when one that I really don't like moves in I can pretty much kick them out. I also like collecting the cards, its pretty much an addiction to the point where I have sites bookmarked to see if they have the cards back in stock.

I wouldn't say it was a needed improvement for the game, but for marketing the cards it was amazing because so theyre more useful. One thing i'm not sure of is if you had a villager and they moved out, you got them back through amiibo, would they still remember you?

i like it it is a nice feature, but maybe the amount of villagers you can call into your town should possibly be limited like a max of 4 at one time so the game keeps some of its randomness (like how you cant control how people move in irl XD)

Back