• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What do you think of girls who wear absolutely no makeup?

I never wear make-up (ok i lied, i put some on Halloween once). I don't like the feeling of it and I tend to rub my eyes a lot. I don't look better with it anyway. (make me feel like a clown)

What other people do is their own business, sometimes I think they look younger and healthier without. When I see someone with ton of it I feel like doing what that women did with Jesus, put a towel on their face and see their face printed on it forever....just silly thoughts...

Well damn, good for them being confident going out in public and not being worried about being judged by today's standards that al women have to cover their faces with chemicals. I've been wanting to wear at least concealer ever since I got acne, but I'm not allowed to since my dad wants me to learn to be confident in my appearance.

I don't really wear much make-up, for work I dab a little eye shadow on the corners of my eyes and put on mascara but really unless I'm going out somewhere really fancy or something I don't really wear it besides for work. On occasion I feel sassy and do myself up and wear lipstick even but it's not often at all.

As for other girls who don't wear make-up I honestly couldn't care less, I don't care if they have a million layers cakes on or if they've never touched a product to their face, as long as they're happy and comfortable that's all that matters!

I don't wear makeup at all and have yet to get properly judged for it, so woo.

Either way I don't care about whether someone wears makeup or not and neither do I care about someone possibly thinking lower of me due to my lack of makeup. I do however feel really bad for those who simply cannot leave the house without makeup, since at that point the usage of makeup seems to be an issue and a must for them.

I can agree with you there. I've never thought more or less of someone who chooses to either wear makeup or not. It's unfair to judge someone by one small feature about them; it's easy to assume but it's very difficult to get behind reason in the first place. Perhaps it's partly to do with self-esteem, it's not my place to ask though.

Although having said that, is it fair to judge someone who doesn't wear makeup such as myself? Isn't it just as bad as the above? :/

There was a young lady at the hair-dressers roughly a month ago, we happened to be on the topic of makeup. We were originally discussing about our skin types (not everybody's skin agrees with the same shampoos) but we soon jumped subjects. She was explaining to me about her close friend and her relationship with makeup. Her friend cannot leave the house without makeup on due to her skin that's in poor condition from the severe acne she had as a teen; it scarred her for life! I must've almost swallowed my tongue I felt that bad.

I use to wear no makeup but began wearing makeup. The reason why is because I felt more confident and pretty with makeup on. For those who don't (or do wear makeup)... I don't care! You all have your reasons (or none at all) and I couldn't care less to form an opinion about people who do not wear makeup (or do).

^^ You do you!

I don't give two hoots.You do you.I feel like the world pressures young pre teens to grow up fast and wear 10 lbs of makeup.Not bad talking but have you seen those instagram models that all wear the same amount of makeup.It looks like their face was copied and pasted,on fleek brows,plump lips with that Kylie Jenner lip kit,tons of mascara.Aside from that,seriously,if a girl doesn't want to wear makeup,let her.Natural beauty let it be.As a person who wears makeup,it's cause even my own damn mom says my eyes are small (I'm Asian,but trust me my eyes aren't THAT small,I have double eyelids,it's just because I have blunt bangs that are just a bit above my eye so it makes my eyes appear small) and because when I don't wear makeup,apparently,I look high?I don't like being told that I look high because no,I don't smoke weed *annoyed face* I think it's good that there are girls out there who don't wear makeup as often or less than other girls because some people in the world need to understand makeup is not natural.When we wake up in the morning,and when we shower,we don't look like how we do with makeup.We look normal.We look like a normal human being. ._.

I don't care, what ever makes her happy. I personally like to wear make up, just because I think it is fun and a way of self expression.

I used to wear a lot of makeup when I was like 12-13. I just decided that I didn't feel like it anymore and I've worn makeup maybe 10x max in the past 5 years

Well I don't wear it myself aside from covering up zits and pimples so to me I couldn't care less for that matter.

only if you're confident with your bare skin. tbh i prefer people to wear makeup even if its the slightest. boys with blemishes should wear at least a concealer as well. if i see a person with blemishes with no concealer on and i get disgusted easily. sorry but thats me.

I definitely think people should be able to express themselves in whatever way, so if that means they wear a lot of make-up, then fine, but if they choose not to at all, that's totally okay too! If they're comfortable and happy with how they look then that's what matters most, not really what other people think. So in my opinion I don't care if another girl chooses not to wear make-up, I think it's great they have confidence in themselves to not feel pressured into wearing it. But at the same time, respect people who do choose to wear it.

I don't give two hoots.You do you.I feel like the world pressures young pre teens to grow up fast and wear 10 lbs of makeup.Not bad talking but have you seen those instagram models that all wear the same amount of makeup.It looks like their face was copied and pasted,on fleek brows,plump lips with that Kylie Jenner lip kit,tons of mascara.

... But then again I do agree with this too (bolded). Definitely think young girls (around the age of 9 or 10) shouldn't be allowed to wear HEAVY make-up. There's nothing wrong with experimenting with make-up at that age but, it shouldn't be something you rely on or something you feel like you have to wear. Young girls at that age shouldn't be so concerned with their appearance, to me it's just not right. They should be enjoying their childhood and I think because places like Instagram and Twitter etc etc allows people to create a "facade" on how they want to appear (and photo-editing apps making you look like you are "flawless") so this can create really big confidence issues for perhaps people will insecurities and people who are self-conscious. They will easily compare themselves to people who they see on social media and feel inadequate. It's so easy to just compare yourself to other people. I just feel like, young girls (pre-teens) shouldn't be allowed to wear such heavy make-up, or even be allowed to use social media at such a young age, becase it could be opening up a whole load of confidence issues.

I don't know, I hope that this makes sense - I don't want it to give the impression I'm saying that people CAN'T wear make-up or that social media/technology is a bad thing, I just don't think it can be a very good positive influence on young girls (or just young kids) at all.

Could not care less. I mean you do you, boo. I'm not going to be like shame on you girl for wearing/ not wearing make up. Whatever you wanna do, you go do. I personally don't wear make up besides if I wanna go out, not because it makes me feel pretty or I'm self conscious but I do it just to change it up a little for the occasion.

I remember my first few weeks of high school I never wore any makeup and this girl said to me, girl you need to straighten your hair, put some make up on go do yourself up. I listened to her and I did and well I went to school the next day and people were all like wow you look so pretty and I was like wtf? You think this is pretty? For me it didn't feel right. Me a face full of makeup just isn't me.

But to the girls who can, congrats man. Proud of you.

Back