• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

What do you think of girls who wear absolutely no makeup?

I don't wear makeup, since I think it's too much of a hassle. But if you wear makeup I'm fine with it, as long as you don't go too far. There's several girls in my classes who wear so much dark colored makeup, they look like goth clowns.

Who cares if you wear makeup or not. It's your choice, and if someone judges you for wearing or not wearing makeup then they need to get a life and stop putting themselves on a pedestal.

i wear very light makeup but i think girls look cute regardless of what they wear ^^

Girls can wear whatever they want lmao. Sometimes I wear makeup, sometimes I don't. I feel good either way. I'm not really sure why this is even a discussion tbh.

i am one of them
they are great :)

ic absolutely love it when boys ask me why i don't wear it; because i ask them why they don't

Last edited:
I wear no makeup.

My mom used to force me to put on eye shadow and mascara in high school and it sucked cause I touch my face all the time so I just constantly worry about messing it up. I don't mind mascara but I just couldn't be bothered and I think I look good without makeup on. My mom used to bully me and tell me I looked like **** and was lazy. Why do we have to go to one extreme over the other?

I wear makeup sometimes, well most of the time.. Other times I'm to tired or I just really don't care

girls who do and don't wear makeup are pretty much the same to me (but i will notice if a girl/boy has a poppin highlight on lol). i only wear brow pencil because i just feel more confident with it as my natural eyebrows are kinda light and sparse

I don't wear any make-up only because i really don't get any of it at all. But also i'm kind of scared to get into it now because of how reliant all of my friends are on it. They all say they have to put make-up on because they feel they aren't pretty without it. They all have beautiful natural faces n are all strong women but like its actually really sad to see them fall to the pressure of society that makes them feel ugly without it.

I didn't wear make-up to my prom and one of my female teachers said "you should have glammed up". When she said that I instantly thought that i looked ugly, just because everybody around me had 'dolled up', flawless faces and i had nothing. I like make-up i think it's really pretty but the view society has on make-up and appearance just turns me off it completely

The only opinion I have in this regard is that I'm tired of people bashing women wearing makeup in order to 'compliment' women who don't. It's not a characteristic, it's just a fashion choice like whether people iron/curl their hair or don't.

True. It does no one any favours to throw some women under the bus just to 'compliment' women who make different choices.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't wear any make-up only because i really don't get any of it at all. But also i'm kind of scared to get into it now because of how reliant all of my friends are on it. They all say they have to put make-up on because they feel they aren't pretty without it. They all have beautiful natural faces n are all strong women but like its actually really sad to see them fall to the pressure of society that makes them feel ugly without it.

I didn't wear make-up to my prom and one of my female teachers said "you should have glammed up".When she said that I instantly thought that i looked ugly, just because everybody around me had 'dolled up', flawless faces and i had nothing. I like make-up i think it's really pretty but the view society has on make-up and appearance just turns me off it completely
*emphasis added by me

Oh my gosh that's terrible, what an awful thing to experience. You weren't ugly, not at all, and it's sickens me that a grown woman could look at you at your prom and make such a judgemental comment. Let alone a teacher, what the **** was she thinking???

You keep doing you, you've clearly got common sense aplenty. Society has an unhealthy fixation on makeup and what women do/do not do with it right now. Here's hoping we can change that to make sure girls growing up don't have to feel so judged for their preferences.

Last edited:

I didn't wear make-up to my prom and one of my female teachers said "you should have glammed up". When she said that I instantly thought that i looked ugly, just because everybody around me had 'dolled up', flawless faces and i had nothing. I like make-up i think it's really pretty but the view society has on make-up and appearance just turns me off it completely

I cannot believe a teacher said that to you! That's terrible. As a teacher myself I'm shocked that somebody who is supposed to instil confidence in her pupils would say something so b****y.
Seriously take no notice of anybody like that. I'm saying I'm shocked but actually I had some pretty vile comments from teachers when I was just a kid myself. It's just knowing I would never do that now being in the same position.
I've learned since that some people just have that kind of personality, have to find some fault with somebody else. Even if there isn't a fault there to find, just make one up. Sorry somebody had to say something like that to you on your prom night :(
I get so used to wearing no make up at work that I only ever wear a small amount of foundation now. It can certainly enhance features but I don't feel it's a necessity and I wouldn't ever be pressured into having to wear it.

I just recently started using make-up. I have a huge problem with acne, so I feel very ugly without it, sadly. Doesn't matter how many times people tell me I look fine even without make-up, I want to feel pretty too. :/
But I think people are beautiful as they are. They're allowed to use make-up, and they're allowed to go without it. ♥ :)

*emphasis added by me

Oh my gosh that's terrible, what an awful thing to experience. You weren't ugly, not at all, and it's sickens me that a grown woman could look at you at your prom and make such a judgemental comment. Let alone a teacher, what the **** was she thinking???

You keep doing you, you've clearly got common sense aplenty. Society has an unhealthy fixation on makeup and what women do/do not do with it right now. Here's hoping we can change that to make sure girls growing up don't have to feel so judged for their preferences.

i know i couldn't believe it when she said it, i know that myself and nobody else needs make-up to look 'pretty' but its just the fact that she felt the need to comment in a negative way. Even though, in the view of some people i was making a statement by not wearing make up and breaking the 'feminine stero-type'; its up to other people to embrace that but not say anything about it and start making it a neutral thing. There's just so much stigma on make-up today ugh its upsetting

I'm no attractive woman and do nothing to look better but that has to do with what's inside me. I don't like myself, I'm lazy and suffer from some psychological problems. I don't use makeup but people are beautiful with or without makeup don't ever doubt it. Make up only adds a special touch you're already beautiful as it is. It's a choice and doesn't matter if you choose to do it or not. Beauty is still there either way. What's inside is the problem really if you truly find yourself beautiful or not but people should be confident about their looks. Really if you're let's say ugly people will get attracted to you if you have a wonderful personality but if you're beautiful and an ass believe me. I already saw this happen again and again you won't get anyone close to you.

I cannot believe a teacher said that to you! That's terrible. As a teacher myself I'm shocked that somebody who is supposed to instil confidence in her pupils would say something so b****y.
Seriously take no notice of anybody like that. I'm saying I'm shocked but actually I had some pretty vile comments from teachers when I was just a kid myself. It's just knowing I would never do that now being in the same position.
I've learned since that some people just have that kind of personality, have to find some fault with somebody else. Even if there isn't a fault there to find, just make one up. Sorry somebody had to say something like that to you on your prom night :(
I get so used to wearing no make up at work that I only ever wear a small amount of foundation now. It can certainly enhance features but I don't feel it's a necessity and I wouldn't ever be pressured into having to wear it.

I agree, it was completely innapropriate for her to say it especially as she is meant to be a role-model to many people. It's just a part of society that we look up to teachers and people higher than us; so for somebody in a higher position than you to negatively comment on you really does stick?? I mean, what she has said hasnt had any impact on me, I haven't started wearing make up or started dressing more 'glamourously' but i've lost much respect for her and I'll always remember what she said. She really gave me an experience on how some people view the world

Along with the make-up comment, I was wearing these kind of boots (basically not high heels like everybody else was wearing) with a wedge and a short dress (rather than a long glamourous one...like everybody else) and she also made a comment on how "simple" i looked.

One day I may start wearing make-up but it definitley wont be to fit into what somebody wants me to look like or to 'correct' myself in any way.

Back