• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

What do you think about Fortnite ?

Eh I'm okay at the game but after I do the challenges or like play a few games I'm instantly bored if it.

I am seeing an ever increasing amount of younger people mimicking the fortune emote dances... everytime I see it happen my faith in humanity and our future diminishes... please. Make it STOP.

okay with a non biased point of view, its a game thats addictive with friends only. now for biased time, id never play the game by myself it just seems repetitive cuz it is. But you can say its a horrid game because its genre has repetitive gameplay

Not a fan.

Battle royale game modes seemed like a really awesome idea in concept when I was younger and first watched, well, Battle Royale. Years later when it becomes an actual thing, turns out it's one of the most ludicrously boring mulitplayer game modes I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through, and nothing Fortnite does changes that as far as I'm concerned. The core premise is boring, no amount of flavour mechanics are going to change that.

But the thing I hate most about it is how gaming media has just latched on to it for dear life, forcing it down my throat at any and every given opportunity. The worst is when I have a 'dead shift' at work and try to do the only thing I can do to pass the time, browse news sites. Gaming sections are basically off limits because no matter where I go it's just jam packed with tons of regurgitated articles all about Fortnite with little to no attention given to anything else. Not even games like Call of Duty or Overwatch got this kind of media attention.

I think the game tries to ride on too many trends. It rode on the trend of battle royales, it rode on the trend of dancing (from Overwatch), it rode on the trend of the dab, rode on the trend of movies, and many more. To be perfectly honest, all these trends weren't good therefore causing an EXTREMELY toxic fanbase. I can't play it without having to take a 3 hour long cold shower afterwards.

I don't know if I would attribute the dances to Overwatch. There's quite a few games that have emotes, a dance being a fairly common one. If anything, it comes from MMO's in general where dance emotes have been pretty common for a LONG time. I can't think of an MMO where you can't dance, even Runescape had a dance emote once it went 3D.

Overwatch itself basically lifted the idea from Warcraft having a unique dance emote for each race and applied it to Overwatch having one for each character.

I have played Fortnite both on PC and on the PS4, to be honest I really enjoyed it at first!! However now I find the game very repetitive. I will load into a game and as soon as I get killed I just don?t want to play again not because I am annoyed or raging just because I am bored.

It's pretty fun with friends and on my own too, but much more with friends.

Overall it isn't a bad game. I enjoy it. But it can get repetitive after a while. So I like it in relatively small doses.

I watch people play it on Twitch when I have nothing else to watch. When it's someone who's pretty good, it can be fairy entertaining. I'd never play it myself since FPS just really aren't for me.

Last edited:
It looks alright, though I'm skeptical on having it locked onto a PlayStation account if I do play it. I might pick it up when I eventually get a switch although it looks like a soul absorbing game. :p

Overrated. I prefer PUBG but I play with my poor fortnite friends on the occasion.

It's not bad, I play sometimes but not much.

I can definitely see why people dislike it, but I don't understand why it gets such a bad rep just because a lot of kids play it / because of the popularity.

Argh, it's one of those games that get really popular no matter how good or bad the game is. In my opinion, what was Nintendo thinking when they allowed Fortnite to be on the Switch? And when I see someone playing that game, my mind goes ballistic saying "fortnitefortnitefortnitefortnitefortnite". I know some people will say that we have to deal with it but I find that to be ignorant. Wouldn't you feel the same way when something gets rubbed in your face constantly?

I rate the game 7/10
But there is a reason why fortnite is so popular because you get to play with other ppl online in a shooting game and the game is free and same with the online. You don't even need to buy skins in fortnite, that's just an option if your bored with the plane look all the time, but you do unlock things for free when you level up.

I feel so terrible because I don’t enjoy it and I don’t know how to learn to. I hate being a hater, but I don’t get the hype for it tbh. I play all the other stuff, but Fortnite and PUBG just aren’t my cup of tea I guess.

Back