• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What are you planning to name your island?

Kinda worried nothing is popping in my head on this subject. Maybe it will come to me. Maybe I'll name it after someone or something? I don't know why I always struggle so much with naming things. It's why I don't want like 8 kids. (Nah, its not.)

Last edited:
iirc if you want your name to include Isle or Island you need to account for that in the letter count, I know the Japanese version gives you options to add them if you have enough room, but idk if we've seen the selection in English yet?
Oh ok. So its not automatically included at the end? I forget how it worked in new leaf, but wasn't it something similar like they included "Town" ?

to use things like, "blahgadg isle" you also have to make sure the space is included right, because.. i think it would also count the space..? ;A; i guess that's okay since mine is pretty short most likely

I finally decided on Lunamiria a bit long haha, but if we get the suffix i'd love "Lunamiria Isle" <3

Your island can say so much more in 10 characters in Japanese than English. Hey, that's cheating! :D
Do you reckon you could switch back to English if you get tired of playing in Japanese?

I'm assuming you can probably change the language back but I doubt I will only because the names in Japanese are so much cuter and funnier. eg. Daisy Mae in Japanese is ウり which basically means sales.

Oh ok. So its not automatically included at the end? I forget how it worked in new leaf, but wasn't it something similar like they included "Town" ?

I don't think that it's included, since we've seen ingame pictures that show the Island name (map, friend menu, passport) and sadly none of them seem to have "Island/Isle" added on.

Cuttleland. Hopefully, we get more characters to name things. If not, then I'm going for my irl town's name xD

pawfritter ;v ;

I love pastry/food-type names so I couldn't help but get attached haha

i made a list in my phone, but i think i'm mostly aiming for seafolk mostly, but seconds are like bloomfield, sweetbell, dreamfall and moonflow! <3 i've got some other faves i wrote down, but for now those are my top :3

I’m going with Laynayru (though Foxknot Grove is cute too...but it’s a bit long, so it’d have to be Foxknot)

i made a list in my phone, but i think i'm mostly aiming for seafolk mostly, but seconds are like bloomfield, sweetbell, dreamfall and moonflow! <3 i've got some other faves i wrote down, but for now those are my top :3

seafolk is lovely!! <3

I'm a little unsure... Arcadia, the mythical land where humans and creature lived together in peace, or Neverland, the island we all know that exists thanks to Peter Pan.

I'd love to hear your advice.

I'm going to name mine Blueberry. In real life my family has a cottage on a lake and the island in the water in front of our cottage is called Blueberry Island by all the locals so I thought it would be cute to have a Blueberry Island of my own. :lemon:

Thanks to some brainstorming and some super helpful comments from follow TBTers I'm 95% sure I'm going with Moon Prism. It's just too good of a fit for my planned Sailor Moon theme and it also has a nice ring to it. :)

I also like that it takes full advantage of the newly increased character limit.

I'm a little unsure... Arcadia, the mythical land where humans and creature lived together in peace, or Neverland, the island we all know that exists thanks to Peter Pan.

I'd love to hear your advice.

I like the sound of Arcadia! I think that’s a great name for an island.

Back