• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What are all the "areas" on your island?

I have an elevated park, town square strip, boardwalk, museum entrance, zen bath area (everyone has this don't they?) fishing docks, farmland and overgrown 'wilds' at the top of my map.

I eventually want to have an observatory on the north clifftops.

- Bamboo grove with a river running through it, a zen bridge, a waterfall, and lots of zen garden decor
- Town center with shops, fountain, open park/play/vendor spaces
- Village neighborhood close to town center
- Rural neighborhood across the river with houses more spread out, near fruit tree orchard and pond
- Mountaintop museum that will eventually have a sculpture & fossil garden
- Nature path through trees & around a river that has wild-feeling sections for each flower type
- Huge mountaintop hybrid breeding garden that I look forward to one day repurposing into more decorative use
- Beachside camping area
- Mountaintop pagan temple/ziggurat like something out of Conan the Barbarian...

Valenwood has very distinct areas :)

As you arrive, to the west is the town centre, where you can visit residential services, the shops, our small outdoor cafe and cookie stall. To the north of the airport is the Mall, with the Museum at it's head. To the East of the airport are two residential streets where the majority of the villagers live.

Across the bridge to the East is the farming district, with the flower gardens and Norma's farm. There is also a playground and the local fishing pier. From the farm, you can take a path to the West, north of the river and visit Annalisa's pretty Japanese gardens. Or you can head up the ramp to visit Erik's log cabin, which is situated in the woodland glade. This tree dense woodland covers the entire upper level of Valenwood and boasts a picnic area, a small reading nook and our picturesque campsite, which has amazing views.

To the northeast again, on the uppermost level, is Island Rep Foxxie's home and private gardens.

... I have no idea why I wrote that like a brochure, but nevermind XD

My island is medieval themed.
The areas are:
- The farm/residental area
- Market
- Docks, where merchants sell fishes
- Church/monastery (the museum lmao)
- Tavern
- Blacksmith
- Wizard's "tower"
- Secret garden/shrine
- the "castle" ruins, which is where my house is xD

The campsite stays with the entrance, the inn, where the bard plays songs and there is a ~judgment~ ongoing lmao

The entire west coast is my house/private orchard/garden area.
The southern coast is my boardwalk. I want to build a tiki bar down there too.
The northern mountain region is a graveyard/waterfall area, and my shops.
The east coast is a residential area for my villagers, plus a lighthouse/beach area.

Since the setting is an island by default, my coasts are all beach theme by default...which is why I have a tiki area with torches and an Easter Island head, and a boardwalk section, and a lighthouse/dock section. Everything kinda branches out from the center area, which is largely unfinished. I'm trying to work from the outside, inward...and I want to build up the area around my town hall to be more citylike.

My town starts with a path from the airport that leads to the resident services if you go straight up. On either side are 2 small gardens outlined with water. I dump extra recipes here.

If instead you go right, I've built a little park with some tables and chairs and a fishing/birdfeeding spot. Also a small workstation here.

Past that the paths meet back up to the main path, and branch to go to the museum and shop which are next to each other behind RS, and the other branch goes across a bridge to the Able Sisters. This section of land has a small bamboo area. Up the cliff I haven't finished anything yet.

Back at the airport if instead you go left right away, the path crosses a bridge and then you'll reach my beach campsite area. Branching from there is across another bridge and up there's a playground. I was pretty proud of it but so many people do playgrounds and look a lot better than mine so... Eh, might change.

Villagers live interspersed throughout all this. The original 3 founders live on the mainland. After that I just kinda threw plots wherever.

The west side of my map is more rural compared to the east side. I have:
-A farm and barn/outdoor farmhouse combo. 3 of my villagers live on the farm too.
-A flower field hidden in the middle of waterfalls
-Bamboo forest surrounded by cliffs with a small hot spring
-Hidden outdoor study
-Clifftop Shrine
-Night Market
-Vending machine/snack park area by a house I'll eventually make into a cafe
-Busking street, restaurant, and art school
-Outdoor performance area with picnic spots in a flower field
-Downtown area with shops, Residence Services, and fountain park, most of my villagers live around here
-Beach area with surfboards, changing rooms, and showers

it’s still a wip but currently i have:

- carnival/funfair
- shopping centre
- mermaid cove
- beach vacation
- campgrounds
- enchanted (?) forest

I've got two residential areas, a commercial area, a flower hybrid garden, and I'm working on building a little outdoor space with a farmers market and a concert area!

I'm really curious, about this, actually-- how did you go about making an archery range?

It's pretty easy, I say it pretty genius of me if I do say so (gloat reaction) myself. Make a rectangular zen or brick wall 5x8 or 5x10 with one open end, and put the scarecrow on the opposite end of the opening and line them up. It represents a military archery range.
Post automatically merged:

it’s still a wip but currently i have:

- carnival/funfair
- shopping centre
- mermaid cove
- beach vacation
- campgrounds
- enchanted (?) forest

I like the mermaid cove and the enchanted forest. I wonder if there are any mermaid or siren sculptures/statues in the game?

I’m doing something similar but doubt I will be able to fit everything I want since my sketches are too big for the map.

But if I could fit everything, I would have areas such as ascension, eternal garden, mystery forest (need those mushrooms), and barracks. Everything would fit if we could move our town hall (I understand why you can’t) as if it was 15 tiles to the west, I could fit everything in.

Last edited:
I haven't mapped out my island yet so these are rough ideas.
  • Downtown
    • Fish market ?
  • The Boss's Manor
  • Black Market cove (secret beach)
  • Tiki Lounge bar
That's the gist.

- Forum/agora
- Public baths
- Temple district/akropolis
- Macellum (with tabernae and thermopolia)
- Gymnasion/palaestra
- Necropolis
- Large theater
- Harbor

I love your unique theme! Would love to check out your island someday! I’m doing something similar but not quite...I’m doing an Asian theme but with a twist. I know a lot of people have zen stuff but mine is a bit different. It's only an Asian theme on the surface, there are mysteries on my island!

- Pool/sunbathing area
- Seaside tiki bar
- Flower farm
- Plaza/fountain area
- Asian restaurant
- Pink and white cafe
- Ocean-view kakigoori (Japanese shaved ice) stall
- Bike parking and vending machine area outside Nook's.

I still have a lot of other areas I want to create though, like an outdoor weight room, a ryoukan/onsen with zen garden (I need a second character for that one), and maybe a school with playground (again, would need another character).

My island is medieval themed.
The areas are:
- The farm/residental area
- Market
- Docks, where merchants sell fishes
- Church/monastery (the museum lmao)
- Tavern
- Blacksmith
- Wizard's "tower"
- Secret garden/shrine
- the "castle" ruins, which is where my house is xD

The campsite stays with the entrance, the inn, where the bard plays songs and there is a ~judgment~ ongoing lmao
This sounds so cool! Can you post pics?

So far...
-Swimming pool area
-Park area that includes a picnic/barbecue area and a coffee stand
- Neighborhood
- Shopping area
-Camping area
-Flea market area

I have a zen bamboo garden, a few regular gardens, backyard with pool, picnic on the beach, Blanche has a backyard and yard with bamboo items, park area with soccer field and play equipment, a coffee stand in the plaza by Able Sisters’, fishing spot on the beach, mini carnival on the beach, fruit tree orchard to the north, and a chair and radio to relax for a minute on the back beach.

Playground
Outdoor zen spa
Very tiny farmers market (literally just one stand, a scarecrow, 5 fruit trees, and a silo)
Romantic seating area near the lighthouse
Neighborhood
Shopping district
Campsite on the beach
Character house in cute lil forest
Brick well with bucket area
Tiny island in the middle of the river with a bench, palm tree, and a tiny library on it

At the moment all I have done is my campgrounds, tiny orchard, and mini farm, almost finished with my "wishing well" sitting area and little neighborhood. But I plan on having a diner, shopping district, mountain hotspring, painter's corner, doggy park, cemetery, beachside lounge/restaurant, and a little grotto on that hidden beach. Then I'll figure out what to do with any leftover space I might have. Maybe add a playground or something.

some ideas i have for general areas right now (some implemented, some not)
- bookclub botanical garden w/ classical music area
- cafe
- waterfall/pond areas for lots of villager houses
- tiered shopping district
- farm (bc of the datamined stuff...) and farm-to-table honey+fruit stand
- onsen w zen garden and bamboo areas
- campsite livin' area
- lil painting nook

the rest of the island is v natural and filled with flowers/stepping stones and little surprises like a chess set and cushions on the ground somewhere, or a little area set up for washing clothes somewhere else

Back