• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Were there any villagers who you originally thought had a different personality?

I thought Ruby was a normal, but she’s peppy! Alternatively, I thought Willow was a peppy, but she’s a snooty! She looks so much like a peppy villager though, with her bright colours and big eyes..

I always thought Diva was snooty, with the name and weird purple eyeshadow a lot of other snooty villagers seem to have. She's actually uchi/sisterly.
The exact opposite thing happened with Opal; for me she's always radiated "cool older sister that will always be ten times better than you" energy, but no, she's snooty.

I havent done that with personalities but I omly realised recently Raymond was a nature character. For some reason I had it in my head he was education 😁

I thought Lolly was a peppy villager, I guess it's because a lot of the famous cats like Rosie and Tangy are peppy.

I absolutely REFUSE to believe that Jambette is a normal villager. She’s got all the hallmarks of a tacky snooty villager.

I agree! I thought Jambette was a snooty at first, which makes me love her even more. I think a lot of the normal villagers are too plain or sweet looking, so I was more than happy to invite Jambette to my island!

Ok so as I was about to make a post I decided to check again and now I've realized that I was wrong 2 times lol
So at first I thought Ketchup is peppy but then for some reason I accepted it as a fact that she's a normal villager
Until now I was thinking what a bummer I already want 294784 normals I wish she was peppy but now I realize she IS peppy???

Ok so as I was about to make a post I decided to check again and now I've realized that I was wrong 2 times lol
So at first I thought Ketchup is peppy but then for some reason I accepted it as a fact that she's a normal villager
Until now I was thinking what a bummer I already want 294784 normals I wish she was peppy but now I realize she IS peppy???
Yes, Ketchup is peppy. Which means that at first, you were right.

I don’t know what, but has every jock in AC:NH been mistaken for a different personality at least once? I should also mention that I watched a video where someone thought that Billy was lazy. And in the video where Billie Jane found Shep (which was also the first time she ever saw him), when she went on the island she found Agent S, she originally thought that that squirrel was a jock. Agent S does have the fitness hobby, which I believe is the closest thing to a female villager being a jock.

When I was 9 and still played Wild World, I thought Static was a lazy villager, but this was most likely since I had the "spoken dialogue" (or whatever it's called) set to quiet, rather than Animalese 😂😂😂
Furthermore, when I first got Diana recently, I thought she was uchi :p

There are quite a few villagers that I thought were different personalities when I first saw them, I thought Big Top was a jock rather then lazy and on the opposite side I thought Billy and Iggly were both lazy and they're jocks. I thought Caroline, June and Pekoe were all either snooty or peppy and they're actually all normal. Claude and Rodeo I always thought were cranky and they're lazy and I always believe Truffles was cranky (and a male villager) until a few weeks ago.

When I first saw Eunice in New horizons, I thought she was a lazy sheep and when I went to my friend's island, who had her, I thought my game was glitching out because she sounded like a normal villager! I later looked her up on nookipedia, and that's how I found out she is normal.

This is somewhat different from the concept being discussed, but when i found out Cousteau (honh honh french pogger) was jock, i was puzzled, until i realized...

jock= similar sounding to Jacques

Possibly attention to detail?

I didn't think Genji was going to be a Jock when I invited him with his amiibo, for some reason. And I thought Ankha would be Sisterly instead of Snooty when I invited her, too. I also confuse some of the Cranky personalities for Smug personalities... (and maybe vice versa?)

Edit: I scrolled back up to read some more of others' comments, and I'm glad someone also shares the same sentiment as me for Genji! 😂

Last edited:
boomer looks to me to be a cranky, not a lazy and i was actually disappointed because i love crankies lol

i thought roald would be lazy and i keep forgetting hes a jock, billy to me looks like a cranky but apparently hes a jock

When I first met Mint in my New Leaf town, I thought she was a peppy villager. She's actually a snooty but I was used to the snooty personality from the older games and she just seemed too nice. I didn't realize they had toned it down so much.

When I had mint in new leaf I also thought she had a different personality, though I thought she was normal and not peppy. I had no idea she was snooty for the longest time. I guess she's just a misleading villager haha.

I don't know if anyone already said this but Puck should be a jock. He's literally a hockey themed penguin. A lot of the jock villagers feel wrongly grouped to me.

I thought Pinky was normal, then she may have become uchi, and now she's peppy? I'm not sure but I love her and feel like peppy isn't the best match...

oof too many

when amiibos were first released, i got a card of rooney in a pack and for years i thought he was a jock
it wasn't until i got him in NH i found out he was a cranky

i used to think judy was a normal or peppy

i also thought chai was normal and chelsea was peppy

i thought truffles and agent s were jocks but they're girls 😅

i thought tammi was an uchi and sprinkle was normal but they're both peppy

then i thought caroline and megan were peppy but they're normal

and finally, i thought big top was a jock and bob was a smug but they're both lazy

Back