Chocolate Cake
Wallopoid
Wallopoid
Pavé
Cake
5 Envelopes
Mailbox
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/10543100.stm

Blizzard is now forcing anyone who posts on its forums (World of Warcraft and other games) to use their real first and last name rather than a forum name... thinking back to the day of Nsider, I know I would have left for sure... even if TBT did it I'd be gone in a minute.

A lot of users on the forum are quite unhappy... and I thought this was a great example:

Mr Brand said that one Blizzard employee posted his real name on the forums, saying that there was no risk to users, and the experiment went drastically wrong.

"Within five minutes, users had got hold of his telephone number, home address, photographs of him and a ton of other information," said Mr Brand

The post and topic has since been removed from the Blizzard forum.

It's a really bad idea. I'm a member of forum that was made that way.

It comes up whenever someone Googles my name so I don't really post there.

That being said, I'm sure it would work to stop trolling etc.

hidden last name with one account for each name (however they're checking if a name isn't just a made up john doe) would probably solve it without the huge drawback of posting your first/last name on interbuttz.

Justin is a lot more anonymous/common than Justin Bieber, etc.

I don't think it'd bother the people with common names but someone like me, whom google denies existence of, would easily be found. :eek:

In any case, that's lame.

(assuming I'll get my name onto google when I get older) :p

I don't see a problem with it really. If you don't want people googling your name and finding your facebook, etc then you should set it to private, and delete anything else that comes up when you google your name.

Not a single thing comes up about me when I google my name, purely because I made sure to keep it all private.

Jas0n said:
I don't see a problem with it really. If you don't want people googling your name and finding your facebook, etc then you should set it to private, and delete anything else that comes up when you google your name.

Not a single thing comes up about me when I google my name, purely because I made sure to keep it all private.
they're making it so that you have to set it as public, since your full name (or, first/last, not sure) would be your username.

for instance, instead of Psychonaut I'd forced to be/use John Doe

Okay fine... I'll come clean, my real name is;
...Fartknocker Q. Spittletits. Mrs.

AndyB said:
shutup, fartknocker
beavis-and-butt-head-the-mike-judge-collection-volume-3-20060802015810329-000.jpg

AndyB said:
*starts googling the name*

..... owai- AndyB owai.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back