• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Update available on the 19th

sunnibunniva

❄️届けて❄️
Bells
Island
Avilia
Tasty Cake
New Horizons Token
according to Nintendo Life the bunny day update will be available at 2am CET March 19th

check when that is in your timezone here by clicking the + and adding your timzone/city

edit: THIS IS NOT A CHANGE IN RELEASE TIME, SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION

Release times (source):

North America (United States / Canada / Mexico)

Atlantic Time: 1:00AM ADT (March 20th)
Eastern Time: 12:00AM EDT (March 20th)
Central Time: 11:00PM CDT (March 19th)
Mountain Time: 10:00PM CDT (March 19th)
Pacific Time: 9:00PM PDT (March 19th)
Hawaii Time: 6:00PM HST (March 19th)

Europe (United Kingdom & More)

"In Europe, Animal Crossing: New Horizons should launch in each country’s individual local time at 12:00 AM / Midnight"

Japan / Australia

12:00AM JST
12:00AM / Midnight AEDT (??)

Last edited:
I thought it was just a launch day patch. Kinda early still for the easter update, no?

I thought it was just a launch day patch. Kinda early still for the easter update, no?

The game will release to some on the 19th, this is mostly just a pre-release of the patch for those who have pre-loaded already.

Wait so if I bought the game from the estore and have it downloaded already, will it be released to me to play on Thursday?

Wait so if I bought the game from the estore and have it downloaded already, will it be released to me to play on Thursday?

Depending on your timezone, yes. It unlocks 12AM EST on Friday. Which could be, depending on your timezone, 9PM to 11PM EST Thursday.

no, the game will update on Thursday, after the update the game will still give the "you cannot play this software yet" message that it gives now

no, the game will update on Thursday, after the update the game will still give the "you cannot play this software yet" message that it gives now

Nah it's available to "play" at 9 PM/12 AM EST on Thursday this has been confirmed : ) Not sure where the update only part came from?

Oh ok, thanks guys. So you guys are saying after it updates at 2am on Thursday, I won't be able to play it until 9pm/12am

Oh ok, thanks guys. So you guys are saying after it updates at 2am on Thursday, I won't be able to play it until 9pm/12am

what time zone are you in? I'll figure out exactly when the game updates and releases for you so you aren't confused :)

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken, 2am CET on March 19 is about 9pm March 18 in Eastern Time

what time zone are you in? I'll figure out exactly when the game updates and releases for you so you aren't confused :)
I think I get it now, I interpreted the title as "update: NH is available on the 19th!" instead of "an update for NH is available on the 19th." my bad lol

I'm in US central time zone, so I am assuming that means the game will release for me at 11pm Thursday night?

Last edited:
Oh man I think this thread confused me LOL my bad haha o/ I just realized the time stated ah yeah update vs. release time :') oops pretend I never posted lol o/

deleted

- - - Post Merge - - -

yep! the game will update at Thursday 8pm CT and be playable by Thursday 11pm CT :cool:

time zones are hard lol

Last edited:
deleted

- - - Post Merge - - -

yep! the game will update at Thursday 8pm CT and be playable by Thursday 11pm CT :cool:

time zones are hard lol

My apologies haha, I tend to gloss over what I read sometimes lol. but thanks for clarifying my brain isn't fully awake xD

added the release times to the original post for anyone still confused

- - - Post Merge - - -

keep forgetting to quote people sorry I'm bad at forums

i’m hoping i’ll be able to update it once i get my physical copy (hopefully on the 20th lmao)

Ah wow that's exactly midnight for me.

I totally see myself rocking back and forth on the floor, controller in hand, ready to press play.

Back