• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Time zones of when the Update is going to be released:

VanitasFan26

I'm just a ghost.
Bells
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Depending on where you live here are the time zones for when the update is going to come out:

Source: Release Time & Date For Version 2.0 Animal Crossing: New Horizons Update

• Thu, November 4th at 6PM Pacific Time (PDT)
  • Thu, November 4th at 7PM Mountain Time (MDT)
  • Thu, November 4th at 8PM Central Time (CDT)
  • Thu, November 4th at 9PM Eastern Time (EDT)
  • Fri, November 5th at 1AM Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
  • Fri, November 5th 12PM Australian Eastern Time (AEDT)

Me personally I live in Georgia which is South USA so that means my time is EDT, so I will be able to play the update tomorrow night.

The people in Australia, once again getting screwed over. They have to possibly wait until noon the next day while everyone in North America can play the new features a day early.

Important to remember these are just estimates. They're probably accurate, but if they're a few hours or so off the mark don't be surprised.
It is true in the source I have linked they mentioned this:
" Once again though, we must caution that these times are based on an estimated release time assuming that the previous pattern with all previous major Animal Crossing updates holds true. There’s a small, but unlikely, possibility that Nintendo chooses to operate differently this time around."

The people in Australia, once again getting screwed over. They have to possibly wait until noon the next day while everyone in North America can play the new features a day early.
In some ways yes but mostly no.

The time and date might be different but it is literally the exact same time.
The amount of time from the announcement of 2.0 to its release, is the same amount of time across the whole globe.

1am for me.... I can barely stay awake till 1am now let alone start playing a game at 1am. Will just have to wait till my daughter wakes me up 6 hours later like clockwork XD

I remember they released the game itself digitally around these same times. It may had been delayed a few minutes but I know I was playing the game the night before the official release day.

Made a countdown, so no need for people to wonder when it is in their time zone.

here in Denmark it's gonna be November 5th 2AM.

I'm in the EST, so I'm getting it at 9pm. Though I still like to think (And be shamefully wrong on this) that it would be time locked and we'd all have to wait until 12am/5am/10am until we get the update.

I do hope I'm wrong on this and we actually do get the update as early as possible.

That's about 10 pm (Thurs) from where I'm from. I feel like it'll end up being released later than that but okay. I also don't really like playing so late in the game (mostly because Nooks is closed, everything is dark, hah).

I hope it gets released right on time, but we'll see! If it's right on time here I'll have four hours to play tomorrow night before I have to go to bed 😊 Even if it's later and the stores in-game are closed, IDC, because I'm planning on TTing a bunch when it releases! I'm so excited~

I'm in the EST, so I'm getting it at 9pm. Though I still like to think (And be shamefully wrong on this) that it would be time locked and we'd all have to wait until 12am/5am/10am until we get the update.

I do hope I'm wrong on this and we actually do get the update as early as possible.
I mean, I guess it could be, but no other update has been time-locked (besides some specific holidays/events). IDK why they'd start with the last one? I could see the DLC being a bit different, but I doubt they'd lock an update.

so there's no chance the DLC will unlock at midnight in Japan? while the 2.0 update unlocks at 10am Japan time? just speculating if they drop simultaneously or not...

1am works for this night owl, much better than the 4am I originally feared it would be. Here's hoping it ends up being accurate for this update too.

so there's no chance the DLC will unlock at midnight in Japan? while the 2.0 update unlocks at 10am Japan time? just speculating if they drop simultaneously or not...

The DLC is unlikely to come before the update, but anything is possible at this point, ig, lol. These times could even be entirely wrong, honestly. Hopefully not, because I'd love to be able to play before I have to go to bed and go to work through Friday, but. Who knows!

I guess mines available tomorrow at night. That’s good. I won’t be able to play on Friday or Saturday much since I work both days.

I mean, it releases the same time globally. Its because of how timezones work that NA gets it a few hours before November 5th. If anything, Australia ISN'T getting 'screwed', because if they opted to wait until it was ACTUALLY November 5th in NA, Australia wouldn't get it until November 6th, around 12AM.

Uh guys my switch is downloading an update to Animal Crossing New Horizons. I just checked Software update (Via Internet) and its starting to download.

Back