• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Today I Learned: New Horizons Edition

Well I learned that when you have visitors over on your island and if they have a villager who is sick they will not let them in. Makes sense I would not want my villager to spread the sickness all around. Cherry is doing the right thing staying inside:
View attachment 380041
I had this once when I visited a friend. I thought it was a cute touch. :)

Today I learned that the keyboard has a language called "Symbol" that has, well, symbols. :)

ipaLJze.jpg

It also features greek letters in the other tabs, but I thought I'd showcase the most symbols it has.

I learned that when you visit another friends island when doing the Bug Off Event you don't have to pay any bells to start the event and you somehow get more points on the island than if you were playing by yourself.

I found out that Redd's art appears in the catalog in both fake and real forms, but only if it's been purchased from Redd himself - otherwise, it doesn't show up at all.

I found out that you give villagers a stack of non native fruit (example: a stack of 3 pears) you have a high chance of getting their photo. I was able to get Toby's Photo on Destiny just by giving him a wrapped gift with a stack of non native fruit which were a stack of 3 pears.

it's raining today..... & K.k is still sitting on his stool... IN THE RAIN!

Honestly, k.k... you're gonna catch a cold.... at least use a umbrella or something, for crying out loud!!

it's raining today..... & K.k is still sitting on his stool... IN THE RAIN!

Honestly, k.k... you're gonna catch a cold.... at least use a umbrella or something, for crying out loud!!
K.K sing in a thunderstorm in my island lol i hope he didnt get zapped by thor

So yesterday I time travelled back a month so I could update my island dream to be in fall. Did some landscaping and time travelling a couple days and what not -- turns out, if you can get a rock to appear next to a growing tree, the tree will stay eternally young. I time travelled an entire month forward and the cedar tree is still in the not fully grown stage.

eternallyyoungtree.jpeg

TL;DR - Today I learned that if you can get a rock to appear next to a growing tree, the tree will stay young.

Today I learned that you can get voided villagers in this game! I’m not sure why I thought we couldn’t but I thought this was a mechanic they left behind in New Leaf. Ruby moved onto my island today though and she’s from Hygge, I think she said?

I was surprised! I didn’t invite her from anyone else so she must’ve been from a previous trade? Although I’m not sure when it was I last saw somebody - I think it was before Kiki asked to move!

If only someone had a nice, dry coffeehouse that could shelter KK during rainy days…

i know what you mean... brewster ''should'' be available by now... but.... i don't like coffee... never had it...

Last edited:
TIL that you can give a neighbor the same shirt they're wearing at the time, and even if it's a different color, they'll make a remark about it being the same and put it away instead of trying it on.

I learned a secret trick on how to cancel a villager's move out when you said yes to them but you want to change your mind. If you have a 2nd user on the island you can switch them, log into the game, and find the villager with the thought bubble who you talked to move out. They will act they are wanting move out (despite your main user already saying yes) and you tell them no. That will cancel out the "yes" request from the last user who talked to them so your villager will not move out by the next day when your 2nd user says "no" to them.

If you craft some of the fruit furniture to sell, the value of each fruit used in the recipe is brought down to 100 bells instead of the usual 500 bells per non native fruit.

I just crafted about 180 cherries into rugs 😩

Back