• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Tips for getting rid of villagers?

Brobasaur

NO RESETTING!
Bells
Winter Mittens
I've tried forever to get Elvis out of my town. He's the only one I want to leave. The rest are dreamies, and I've talked to him a ton so that he likes me enough to move. Is there anything else I can do? Am I talking to him TOO much? I've been using him to find out who else is moving.

Repeatedly report him to town hall,
Smack him with a net on the head 100000000 times.
(not 100% sure that that helps lol)

Last edited:
Repeatedly report him to town hall,
Smack him with a net on the head 100000000 times.
(not 100% sure that that helps lol)

Noooooooo, this doesn't work. Reporting to town hall is only when they're wearing an inappropriate custom design, have a bad catchphrase, or have "naughty letters" or however they say it. Smacking on the head with a net doesn't do it either. Thanks for your contribution though!

If we're being honest here, I always find that it's my best friends that want to move. Like, the ones I send (rarely, but still) letters to, hang out with, talk to often, and always try to complete the tasks they ask me to do for them. The villagers I just talk to, even repeatedly, don't tend to want to move out.
Kitt's been in my town for the longest time, and I have 5 normals so I wanted her out (along with 3 others) and none of them ever want to move. I started befriending Kitt more, hanging out at her place and such, and today she finally moved. So maybe try that, acting like he's your best friend, and he might move?

Last edited:
Just be as friendly as possible. That's my advice even when you hate a villager. Build up your friendship by talking, sending letters, running errands and hanging out. Eventually they'll ask to move out. Hitting someone with a net or toy hammer is the worst thing you can do. They won't want to leave because it will weaken the friendship.

Just be as friendly as possible. That's my advice even when you hate a villager. Build up your friendship by talking, sending letters, running errands and hanging out. Eventually they'll ask to move out. Hitting someone with a net or toy hammer is the worst thing you can do. They won't want to leave because it will weaken the friendship.

Absolutely. I've tried getting a villager to move out before by being really unfriendly and he decided to stay because he wanted to build our friendship up or whatever.

The others are right. The more friendly you are with a villager, the more likely they are to move... sadly. (I wouldn't move out of a town if my best friend was there. I WOULD move out of a town if the mayor was attacking me. xD)

For moving out villagers? If you're okay with TTing.. I usually use the gossip method. TT 3 days forward, look for gossip, convince someone to stay or leave, TT back. Repeat.
This has worked so far for me with no accidental move outs... :> (And hopefully there won't be any "accidental move outs" ever.)
It's just time consuming. But I finally got Limberg out yesterday using that method. :'D
(Sorry Limberg)

Hmmm... when I was getting rid of a bad villager, making them sad seemed to have work for me. But talking to them - as suggested - seems at least more functional than the whole 'ignore them' deal.

The quickest I've gotten a villager out, without TTing or anything fancy, was speaking to then once when they moved in, than ignored them for about a week. Didn't answer any pings or anything! They were the one that was moving when I loaded the game after no one in town pinged me. They were the last I needed out, so I didn't want to risk TTing them out. That was about a year ago.

The quickest I've gotten a villager out, without TTing or anything fancy, was speaking to then once when they moved in, than ignored them for about a week. Didn't answer any pings or anything! They were the one that was moving when I loaded the game after no one in town pinged me. They were the last I needed out, so I didn't want to risk TTing them out. That was about a year ago.

This is great advice and it is very easy, but if you have already talked to them a lot I would suggest talking to them more, and do their requests like others said. It's very strange, but it worked perfectly for me, as well.

Back