• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Things You Want New Horizons To Get Rid Of

The only thing I really want gone is grass deterioration. With how much I'll be playing New Horizons it'd make my island look hideous pretty quickly. I think this will be gone though because of the dirt paths feature and just how hated it was in City Folk and New Leaf.

It's actually 95% confirmed to be gone, good riddance!

I want to get rid of:

-the refurbishing 30 minute wait.
-bed hair from not playing for a while.
-mandatory first floor expansion and well as mandatory attic. Maybe I want to expand the other floors and don’t necessary want to have a bigger first floor or an attic.
-the option for villagers to move away if we don’t want them to.

I'd like NH to get rid of the "cedar trees are only allowed in top half of town/island" rule.

Wow I guess I never really notice this, but yeah I agree! Speaking of trees, I understand the rule of leaving one space around them, but there was also a weird rule about leaving spaces so it was not completely encircled(read more here) It wasn't the worst, but it was hard to get around when making orchards and frequently ruined my designs...

Maybe not get rid of (more like adjust), but I'd like the moving schedule to be altered. Instead of having to have a villager ping you to say they are moving out (and get them to stay), just have it as the default conservation option (like how requests would always come first in dialogue in New Leaf). That way I don't have to stress about pinging all my villagers to see who's leaving :cool:

1: Grass deterioration.
2: Villagers moving out without permission or warnings.
3: Permanently breaking/losing certain items if you fall down while holding them.
4: That god-awful sound Mole Crickets make.
5: Not really something to get RID of, as they only show up in Pocket Camp, but I will be really annoyed if the guys from O.K. Motors show up in New Horizons. I do NOT want to see them there.

5: Not really something to get RID of, as they only show up in Pocket Camp, but I will be really annoyed if the guys from O.K. Motors show up in New Horizons. I do NOT want to see them there.

What's wrong with Giovanni, Carlo, and Beppe? They are just slightly grumpy mechanics. I could see them teaming up with Mr. Resetti, honestly.

I'd like NH to get rid of the "cedar trees are only allowed in top half of town/island" rule.

What I find funny about this is likely the cedars in Animal Crossing are based off of Japanese cedars. Japanese cedars are zone 5-9, meaning if you look at the United States, it doesn't want to grow in the colder in the winter northern states (think Maine, Wyoming, North Dakota, etc). It's totally fine everywhere south of those areas.

So even in Japan, those cedars would probably be fine anywhere but Hokkaido and Okinawa. So... why north only in AC?

Anyway, that's a long way of saying I agree with you. :)

What's wrong with Giovanni, Carlo, and Beppe? They are just slightly grumpy mechanics. I could see them teaming up with Mr. Resetti, honestly.

I just personally don't like them. They felt uninspired to me. But that's just my opinion. I'm hoping they'll stay in Pocket Camp.

I just personally don't like them. They felt uninspired to me. But that's just my opinion. I'm hoping they'll stay in Pocket Camp.

A thing to note is that they were actually supposed to make their debut in NL with the WA update, not PC according to data that was mined (I can?t find it ATM) , but were cut at the last minute and were added in pc...

A thing to note is that they were actually supposed to make their debut in NL with the WA update, not PC according to data that was mined (I can’t find it ATM) , but were cut at the last minute and were added in pc...

That certainly doesn't bode well.

I am also totally on board with getting rid of scheduled visits. Not because I forget which time I set it for, like most people seem to be saying. It’s just annoying to have to set it to an hour or two in the future. Like, no, this is the time I’m playing the game, you’re not gonna force me to come back again in a few hours just to do this one dumb thing :p

Yeah, that's another reason I dislike scheduled visits. :/

Last edited:
Yeah I reallllly hope they get rid of grass deterioration. I tried having more of a "natural" town in New Leaf with pathways made from clovers and mushrooms, but it was always such a pain seeing the grass underneath get ruined and muddy from running over it. I always gave up and used patterns for my pathways ahhaha

Yeah I reallllly hope they get rid of grass deterioration. I tried having more of a "natural" town in New Leaf with pathways made from clovers and mushrooms, but it was always such a pain seeing the grass underneath get ruined and muddy from running over it. I always gave up and used patterns for my pathways ahhaha

agreed. i never ran in my new leaf town but i found that the grass deteriorated anyways :c

Oh, I completely forgot about this until just now, but--

In New Leaf, once you'd visited someone else's town for the first time, your own villagers would occasionally ask you to go collect signatures from other towns. I hated that. I hope they don't do that again.

Oh, I completely forgot about this until just now, but--

In New Leaf, once you'd visited someone else's town for the first time, your own villagers would occasionally ask you to go collect signatures from other towns. I hated that. I hope they don't do that again.

This happens regardless of if you visited someone or not, I know this because I have a town that doesn’t go to other places and they still ask me for signatures

one thing that i?d love new horizons to get rid of is lyle lmao. i know he?s a character and not a feature but the way he talks and how long he talks annoys me to death. he?s the only npc i hate tbh :p

I really like it when he sold us life insurance.
They kind of ruined his character in new leaf. I remember I didn?t mind getting stung by bees so much because Lyle would send me bells.

This happens regardless of if you visited someone or not, I know this because I have a town that doesn’t go to other places and they still ask me for signatures

Weird, I wonder if this happened after some sort of patch or update. I had my town for two years and never got this request, but the moment I opened my gates and/or visited a town (did both for the first time on the same day), it was Petition this and Signatures that. Either way, I hope they exclude this kind of thing. I really do prefer to play alone.

ALL OF THOSE LOL. UGH, i hated those! i'm so happy to see beautiful grass in NH and i really hope it doesn't deteriorate. :(
one thing i'm not looking forward to is villagers randomly moving out again when i didn't talk to them or etc
that.. sucked lmao, really bad. it would be nice if there was a better system like a letter in the mail the moment they are thinking to move or something so you can respond with a immediate decline or isabelle comes when you step out your tent/house and says so and so wants to move and you can say NO or..yes if it's not a dreamie!

Back