• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Things You Want New Horizons To Get Rid Of

ah yes I do know that, sorry I guess my post didn't explain that well. what I meant was although they may lose their flower buds, not the whole plant is destroyed (meaning it will grow back). and this I can live with, its way better than losing the plant all together!
(at least thats my understanding of it?)

No worries! I mean, it was neither specifically clear nor unclear—I just wasn’t sure if everybody knew already since I only found out today myself :3

Fully agree about that being a reasonable compromise (especially because it also sounds more lenient when it comes to how much running the buds tolerate before being cast off)

Last edited:
This will most definitely be removed in New Horizons, but I was never a huge fan of the mayor feature in New Leaf. Anything you can accomplish with it is such a slow and annoying process. Plus, the reason you become the mayor is just stupid and never properly explained, which shouldn’t matter to me as much as it does but it kills my immersion just a little bit :p

I mostly just want grass deterioration gone. That seems like it might be gone now though, so I'm glad.

NO. MORE. BALOON. FURNITURE.

Random rare items was so dope in the Population Rising.

They changed it to be more random in NL after the WA update, fortunately. It's actually harder to collect the whole balloon set now if you didn't have it all before thanks to that.

I mostly just want grass deterioration gone. That seems like it might be gone now though, so I'm glad.

They changed it to be more random in NL after the WA update, fortunately. It's actually harder to collect the whole balloon set now if you didn't have it all before thanks to that.

NOICE
If you didn?t have the full balloon set by then, you didn?t want the balloon set.
I say ?you? generally speaking.
I got the whole set in like 2 balloons ez

Last edited:
- I would not be sad at all if they got rid of grass deterioration or diving. However, I know that a lot of people don't want these things gone so for their sake I do actually hope they stay! Plus it's an island, it only makes sense that we can swim and dive.

- KK performing at Club LOL / in the cafe. I loved when he would sit by your billboard on his little box and sing for you! It would be really cool if there was a way for us to design an area on our island (as big or small as we like) for him to perform by placing a chair of some type for him to sit, and showing it to him. I am also hoping they got rid of Club LOL and Dr Shrunk altogether (sorry to Shrunk fans!)

- Only allowing cedar trees in the northern half (though I think it's been somewhat confirmed that this is still the case.) This is a very clever and cute idea, but I want the option to have big cedar forests wherever I want!

- DEAD SPOTS!!! I don't think these were ever intentional but dead spots have ruined the flow of things for me many times :( Also the bush limit is aggravating, though I understand why that is put into place.

- Certain tree limitations.I would like to be able to plant trees / bushes / bamboo next to rivers. I understand if they don't change this though, as it has always been this way, plus I don't think I have seen a tree planted right next to the water in any of the new videos so we can assume this rule is still in place. I also hope we can now have trees and etc. one space away from the front of our house as I thought it was very strange I had to do 2 spaces, when the back and sides could be one space.

- Villagers moving out while you're away (without allowing them.) If you missed a ping while playing everyday and you find them in boxes, as disappointing as it is, it seems like fair game. But it would be cool if nobody moved out if you didn't touch the game for awhile.

That was really long, sorry!

Last edited:
- Only allowing cedar trees in the northern half (though I think it's been somewhat confirmed that this is still the case.) This is a very clever and cute idea, but I want the option to have big cedar forests wherever I want!

- DEAD SPOTS!!! I don't think these were ever intentional but dead spots have ruined the flow of things for me many times :( Also the bush limit is aggravating, though I understand why that is put into place.

- Certain tree limitations.I would like to be able to plant trees / bushes / bamboo next to rivers. I understand if they don't change this though, as it has always been this way, plus I don't think I have seen a tree planted right next to the water in any of the new videos so we can assume this rule is still in place. I also hope we can now have trees and etc. one space away from the front of our house as I thought it was very strange I had to do 2 spaces, when the back and sides could be one space.

- Villagers moving out while you're away (without allowing them.) If you missed a ping while playing everyday and you find them in boxes, as disappointing as it is, it seems like fair game. But it would be cool if nobody moved out if you didn't touch the game for awhile.

That was really long, sorry!

these are all my exact pet peeves, i was so irritated by the cedar tree thing at one point that i considered hacking the game. dead spots were such a pain for landscaping!! i remember when i was 12 and fauna moved out unexpectedly and she was my favourite villager and i cried.

these are all my exact pet peeves, i was so irritated by the cedar tree thing at one point that i considered hacking the game.

Umm what? This has never been a thing. Plenty of cedar trees grow in the south in my towns.

Last edited:
I'd rather get rid of a few of NH's features.

Like which features? I?m just genuinely curious, cause I like most of the features. Though I do feel Resettis rescue function seems a bit of a waste.

I want them to get rid of the whole "you can't place that item there because it's too close to x". It seems like they have, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's true.

Like which features? I’m just genuinely curious, cause I like most of the features. Though I do feel Resettis rescue function seems a bit of a waste.

agreed. i feel like resetti got gypped a bit with his new role as i don’t really see anybody ever using that feature

I wonder what villager requests will be like in NH. In NL, requests to deliver packages or get fruit became really annoying so I want that gone or, at the very least, toned down dramatically.

I think I echo a lot of people here when I say grass deterioration and scheduled visits. I always forget the time planned, and would prefer to immediately visit instead. Also, how little villagers donate to pwps, in reality it?s always you shouldering the vast majority of the bill.

one thing that i’d love new horizons to get rid of is lyle lmao. i know he’s a character and not a feature but the way he talks and how long he talks annoys me to death. he’s the only npc i hate tbh :p

I like the charm of most of the inconveniences such as the train and luck. As much as it can be annoying I was even fine with villagers deciding to stay. I like the randomness of certain villagers existing in your town and I was never trying to create a perfect dreamie town.

The only things I absolutely wanted changed were:
-Being able to place villager houses/move them (already confirmed)
-Get rid of deteriorating grass (already confirmed)

And I got my wish! I'm not hoping they take away stuff at this point, most just hoping they keep it in (like Redd and the art side of the museum)

I am also totally on board with getting rid of scheduled visits. Not because I forget which time I set it for, like most people seem to be saying. It’s just annoying to have to set it to an hour or two in the future. Like, no, this is the time I’m playing the game, you’re not gonna force me to come back again in a few hours just to do this one dumb thing :p

Needing to have a certain amount of Amiibo Villagers for them to move out. I once had a town with only two non Amiibo Villagers and they were the only ones who wanted to move. This was my own fault, but it would be nice to suggest to Villagers that maybe they should move to a different Island.

I'm so happy that we won't have to run to create dirt paths anymore, that was the bane of my existence. Also, the ability to move villagers' houses means no more plot resetting (which used to take me hours and hours). With the ability to place furniture outside, I'm guessing they won't be counted as garbage anymore, so that's pretty great as well.

Honestly, I'm really happy with everything we've been shown and don't anticipate having many grievances or anything. I hope there aren't many immovable things like rocks.

The only thing I really want gone is grass deterioration. With how much I'll be playing New Horizons it'd make my island look hideous pretty quickly. I think this will be gone though because of the dirt paths feature and just how hated it was in City Folk and New Leaf.

Back