• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What Motivates You to Play New Horizons After a Long Break?

On my old island, when I wasn't interested in playing daily, I'd still load it up sometimes and just wander my beach and dig clams to craft bait. I had a lot of fish bait stored because I was trying to get the 100 catches in a row achievement, not to mention winning the fishing tourney... It's a little harder now that I have all my stores and villagers on the beach.

The time when I was really burnt out of playing, I was browsing other people's island builds and pics, and I saw one that just.... hit me? It was a field of yellow and white cosmos, and I saved it to my phone to keep for inspiration. It's partially responsible for encouraging me to restart my island and begin playing in earnest again, because I wanted a space that reminded me of it.

Here's the original pic that inspired me! I'm just linking it because it's kind of big, hahah

On my old island, when I wasn't interested in playing daily, I'd still load it up sometimes and just wander my beach and dig clams to craft bait. I had a lot of fish bait stored because I was trying to get the 100 catches in a row achievement, not to mention winning the fishing tourney... It's a little harder now that I have all my stores and villagers on the beach.

The time when I was really burnt out of playing, I was browsing other people's island builds and pics, and I saw one that just.... hit me? It was a field of yellow and white cosmos, and I saved it to my phone to keep for inspiration. It's partially responsible for encouraging me to restart my island and begin playing in earnest again, because I wanted a space that reminded me of it.

Here's the original pic that inspired me! I'm just linking it because it's kind of big, hahah
I can see why this was inspiring! The whole vibe is just so cheery and has that late day summer sort of glow to it. And it's very natural looking, not crowded with a bunch of things, not overly terraformed or anything. Just simple and nice.

I cycle through most of my games (sims4, acnh, sdv, mtap, et cetera) so whenever the desire arises to play again I just go with it. Right now I’m back in it, and probably will be until the Stardew update comes out for switch. I like to alternate because it keeps it fresh, because if I play too much then I stop playing for a long time and when I do get back to it I often restart, but I’d love to finish an island lol

Well I don't know this would help because I am into decorating, and right now it's the only animal crossing game I can physically play. but usually in New horizons I've made places that are special to me. Places that I would like to visit and some of those places don't exist anymore - they cannot be visited in reality. So I usually go to animal crossing to enjoy going to those places. And to also make more places. Right now I'm working on making some focus stuff

Back