• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

The one year challenge

Don't really have many pictures to show for the town of Moo, but I thought this picture was pretty nice

image.jpg

HNI_0075.JPG

I went to a weeding town yesterday, and I wonder if our mayor's think this is true.

HNI_0078.JPG

Hey, I bred a purple rose without even trying!

HNI_0080.JPG

I invited Deirdre over!

HNI_0079.JPG

Really Bianca? You couldn't request something that fits your personality?

HNI_0082.JPG

Aww, Celia is cute. Too bad I'm full of villager space. :(

HNI_0083.JPG

You look ugly, as others would say as well...

HNI_0084.JPG

I'm afraid something bad is gonna happen because my 9th emotion senses it.

HNI_0030.JPG
new emotion :)

HNI_0032.JPG
got the master sword! love this item even though I probably wont use it

HNI_0033.JPG
zucker is truly lazy... standing on fruit while asking for fruit...

HNI_0035.JPG
new PWP request, been trying to get one every day :)

HNI_0037.JPG
julian is still unpacking, he is so cute!

HNI_0048.JPG
spent the rest of the day fishing, love it when villagers clap after I catch something!

HNI_0050.JPG HNI_0052.JPG
my fishing catalog is at 49% just need to catch one more fish for the bronze badge. bug is at 32% while seafood is at 37%

Last edited:
So after the 9th villager moved in, my town looks like this:
WJjKNkL.jpg

Lol. If I knew everyone was gonna crowd around the bottom half of the town and leave Bam up there alone I would've put my house next to his. I can't help but wonder if the villagers are doing it on purpose at this point. There's so much space up there, but nope, gotta put my house where everyone else is. I need the last villager to move in on the bottom half for maximum hilarity.

Last edited:
My second copy of AC:NL arrived today! I'm still deciding on whether or not I want to do the OYC on it or make it into a Cycling Town or go all out and build an entire theme around it. If I go with the third option, I'd probably visit some themed Dream Towns to see what they're like.

my fishing catalog is at 49% just need to catch one more fish for the bronze badge. bug is at 32% while seafood is at 37%
You get an octopus yet?

So I didn't expect anything to happen today. Dream Suite was built and the second floor of the museum is paid off, but other than that, a slow day. I haven't messed with snowmen yet so I was lazily pushing around two snowballs and accidentally made a perfect Snowmam.
G511aQG.jpg

39 snowflakes later, got the full Ice Set. Awesome!

And with all the running around grabbing snow flakes, I pinged quite a few villagers which led to...

cJci59B.jpg

Aurora suggesting a lighthouse and...

2s80ox2.jpg

another Coelacanth!

Last edited:
You get an octopus yet?

So I didn't expect anything to happen today. Dream Suite was built and the second floor of the museum is paid off, but other than that, a slow day. I haven't messed with snowmen yet so I was lazily pushing around two snowballs and accidentally made a perfect Snowmam.
G511aQG.jpg

39 snowflakes later, got the full Ice Set. Awesome!

And with all the running around grabbing snow flakes, I pinged quite a few villagers which led to...

cJci59B.jpg

Aurora suggesting a lighthouse and...

2s80ox2.jpg

another Coelacanth!

Yup, got the octopus! Grats ont he Coelacanth :) I still havent caught one

It's actively snowing in my town today! It actually fits perfectly, because it was actively snowing where I live IRL today. ^_^;;

Day 4 Stuff that happened:
- I got my permit so I can build stuff! I'm building another bridge. My default bridge isn't in a terrible place, but it's a bit inconvenient sometimes.
- I paid about half of my initial house off. I hope I can finish paying it off tomorrow so I can make Nook make my house bigger. It's the very tiny first size. :(
- I built another snow papa so I can hopefully fill out bingo a bit easier. I'm thinking about doing a snow mama tomorrow as I got a bunch of snowflakes today due to the actively falling snow.
- Deanna's house is a music studio. Kinda neat!
- I have another plot that showed up. I forget who's moving in. It's yet another animal I don't know. This is a theme for this town, it seems. Not a single villager I've ever had in any town of any version of Animal Crossing.
- Cheri, who I swear doesn't seem to like me, was actually around today. She asked me for a new catchphrase. I gave her one. Less than an hour later, somebody else was saying that catchphrase. I didn't want that villager to say that. I think she really does hate me. :( Normally I like peppy villagers, but just something about her rubs me the wrong way. If she ever asks to move, I don't think I will say no.

Last edited:
Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I didn't play on Tuesday or Wednesday so yeah. Not much has been happening but I finally unlocked the cafe today :) It was snowing in Everlong too so I'll probably go on again later to try and catch a Coelacanth :p

Classes started up again on Wednesday so I've barely touched my town since then.

One weird thing that happened yesterday was that my SD card randomly crapped out and I lost all of the day's progress. My save file is good, but I worry that the card is starting to fail. If I lost my progress now I'd pretty much ragequit the challenge.

Also my turnips were going for 154 this morning and now the selling price is 202.
I just narrowly avoided a huge financial crisis.

You might want to get a new SD card and transfer the data onto it -- just to be safe.
That would be really scary if something did happen, though! :(

Last edited:
Saving my recent updates for a 'First month in my OYC town' sort of thing on Feb 1st :D BUT I wanted to spread the happy news that Hans told me he's moving in 5 days. Yippeeeee! If anyone happens to want a big, smug yeti who is dressed in a police outfit, let me know! ^_^

HNI_0094.JPG

NOW i'm thinking of changing my town ordinance to beautiful

HNI_0095.JPG

Yay! This ugly pink villager is being ridden! :D

HNI_0096.JPG

My first game of hide and seek, I won, I always win!

HNI_0099.JPG

Hmm. I can't remember if this was my 10th emotion I got or not.

Back