• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The one year challenge

That's an amazing design! I would never be able to do that without some assistance. While I do have an idea of what it's from, I don't want to say in fear of being wrong. :p

Also, that site I keep talking about is pretty much the only way I've been able to make designs. xD
I'm getting some pictures queued up now to show.

XNAMx6E.jpg

Illuminated heart

a90r1A7.jpg

Fountain area

0BERe1p.jpg

8, my mule

eP8xFvy.jpg

new Town Plaza design

sdQhiTg.jpg

A relatively simple "complex" path design

MMSmf4T.jpg

I showed the stained glass floor, but I don't think I showed the new cobblestone yet.

My dream address is 4500-5059-5935 if anyone wants to get a better look around. I have to warn you that my town is pretty plain so far. :p

I love your design Cosmic, yours too DCB! I've really only made a few dresses, maybe I'll try something new today since there isnt much to do

Thank you very much Xita, DCB and pocky. :D I've recently found out I really like making designs! It's a lot of fun even though it takes much time. Looking forward to using the above mentioned site because I think it'll help me improve more. I'm so new to this..

Those paths look great DCB! It's cool how detailed they are! I especially like the fountain area, that path fits it really well.

Thanks, guys! :)

The site really helps in my opinion. The downside, as I've said before, is that you can't download the design directly to the game. At the same time, however, it gives a bigger sense of accomplishment once you've finished making the design in the game.

I got a late start playing today. Haven't checked any stores or anything yet. Just quickly went to the island to tan since its already 4pm. In other news, my new pokemon charms came in so happy. So cute!

Hi, so I've been lurking around this forum for a little while, but decided to restart my town for this challenge. I named my new town Pancake and my mayor Syrup. I got Maelle, Mac, Tabby, Crackle and Walt in my town and pears as my town fruit (not particularly happy about villagers... The only one I really like is Crackle).

Dang I am having all the bad luck with the diving trick today. Been here for hours, and I swear the villagers have brought up everything but a PWP :(

EDIT: Three hours and finally a suggestion when I was just about to give up lol

Last edited:
Well, I did it. I preordered the New Nintendo 3DS XL {Black}. I usually never get new consoles so soon after launch date, but I had the funds to spare. Who knows? Maybe the next AC game will be a double release on the new 3DS and the Wii U -- sort of like what they did for Smash 4. I can dream. :p

Well, I did it. I preordered the New Nintendo 3DS XL {Black}. I usually never get new consoles so soon after launch date, but I had the funds to spare. Who knows? Maybe the next AC game will be a double release on the new 3DS and the Wii U -- sort of like what they did for Smash 4. I can dream. :p
They did a double release for Smash 4?

They did a double release for Smash 4?

Yeah, it was released for the 3DS and the Wii U. I got the 3DS version, since I don't have a Wii U and don't plan on getting one.

I just can't justify the purchase -- even if that means missing out on some great games, including AC {if they make a new one for Wii U}.

Yeah, it was released for the 3DS and the Wii U. I got the 3DS version, since I don't have a Wii U and don't plan on getting one.

I just can't justify the purchase -- even if that means missing out on some great games, including AC {if they make a new one for Wii U}.
I see. If they ever do double the release for AC there would be new things added.

It'll be called Animal Crossing New Leaf + OR Animal Crossing New Leaf 2.0

Something I hope happens in the next game is the addition of layering clothes. I think being able to wear a blazer, jacket, sweater, etc. over a shirt {without unequipping the shirt} would be great.

I haven't played much today in Navidson. I'll probably do some serious bug hunting tonight, though.

I think I want to theme my mule's house, but I'm not sure what. I want to do something original but not so out there. I mean...I want the theme to be doable. Any suggestions? I don't think I want to do a bakery or a hotel, since those seem to be really common.

Got my Dream Address!
HNI_0053.JPG

So far I have all my paths, but other than that, I've just laid out where I'm putting PWPs. I've done the diving trick but I haven't gotten the PWPs I need, and I've been donating to the museum, but Blathers hasn't asked for the Cafe yet. Ughhh. I have to check thonky and see if I need to do anything else, maybe I missed something

HNI_0051.JPG
Kicks has been in the works for two days now! How long does it take to build a store, man. Nookling Junction's only been under for today, I hope it isn't tomorrow too.
HNI_0045.JPG
the *** is that supposed to mean, Jitters? he's out officially now. like. like i want him gone.
HNI_0046.JPG
Pascal asks the real questions.

Other than all that, it's been pretty slow! I haven't had the time to do the diving trick, what with school and work, but that's my main goal as of late. I just need to get some decent PWPs. I have to decide how to develop other parts of my town, too, but for the most part I'm stumped. We'll just have to wait and see.

man, what is Pascal on? LOL

FOR THOSE STRUGGLING WITH PWPS!
2 weeks ago I made a guide on getting a PWP suggestion each day. But I've been reading that even with this guide a lot of people are still struggling. So here is one last tip: Send letters to your villagers! Higher friendships mean that they'll suggest things more often. Before sending my villagers letter it would take me over an hour to get a suggestion. Now that I send them letters daily I only have to go diving once or twice (which takes 5-10 minutes) to have a PWP suggested.

Day 6:
- I built another regular snowman. I will build the snowbaby tomorrow so I'll have the full set of snow people and it'll send me something.
- Renee is a sailor uniformed rhino, in a school themed house. It's... odd. She does have 2 cardboard chairs. Makes me wonder if I can acquire those from her. I already have the whole cardboard set on my other town, but it'd be nice for trades. :D
- I have my bigger house. Huzzah!
- A plot appeared for Kidd today. The town of new people continues.
- And most important of all, Tortimer appeared. I will be able to go to the island starting tomorrow!

Happy one month anniversary to those who started on Jan 1st! This month seems to of gone super fast, I hope everyone is stil having fun in their OYC towns ^^

I'll be posting an update later :)

Back