• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The one year challenge

Saving my recent updates for a 'First month in my OYC town' sort of thing on Feb 1st :D BUT I wanted to spread the happy news that Hans told me he's moving in 5 days. Yippeeeee! If anyone happens to want a big, smug yeti who is dressed in a police outfit, let me know! ^_^

Oh man I hope this happens to me soon. I've wanted my Hans out since he moved in.

So, that site I linked to earlier {where you upload an image, and it makes it into an AC:NL design} doesn't seem to be able to let you download the design directly to the game. However, it's still extremely useful if you have the patience. I haven't yet tried to make a multi-design path, but I've been able to make great single-design paths. By doing a Google Image search for something like "stone texture seamless," I'm able to find and make some cool designs. I'll post pictures tomorrow. It's snowing right now, so the lighting isn't good.

http://animalcrossing.us/animal-crossing-new-leaf-pattern-guide/

{Just in case anyone didn't know about this. I didn't know about it until recently, so I thought I might share it. The site I'm talking about is the 2nd link under Browser-based Tools; however, there are other sites and programs there for pattern-making.}

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, I started my other town, but I still don't know if I'm going to do the challenge on it. My villagers so far are Lily, Rizzo, Ribbot, Bones, and Mint -- with Penelope moving in.

Last edited:
Day 5:
- I built a snow mama and got 3 ice items.
- Redd was visiting today and I should be getting the ancient statue.
- The new person who's moving in is Renee, but they're STILL asleep in my game so I haven't met them yet.
- I finished paying off my initial debt and put in the order with Tom Nook to expand my house. I'm tired of it being so tiny.

Not much happened other than that. It was very quiet since I played in the morning and a lot of my villagers seem to sleep in.

Last edited:
S1j4lAb.jpg

Some more shop development in Fortree today.

Nookling's were closed and Kicks is still being built but I got the Dream Suite event today yay! :D I haven't raised enough money to finish it yet but I'm planning to get it done by the time Re-Tail closes tonight (so in another hour and fifteen minutes....I better get going!)

VtpVBxE.jpg

Redd came by too so I got my first painting. Or, well, I ordered it since it'll be in the mail tomorrow.

onwjeRA.jpg

Mint pinged me to leave in about five days. I went ahead and let her go since I didn't really love or hate her. I guess I have those five days to get more of a read on her (if anyone wants her, let me know.)

I've been seeing a lot of Dream Towns, and people are really creative! It's inspiring, really. I sort of wish it were possible to get a bird's eye view of the whole town because it would make town planning a bit easier. I still want to make a labyrinth for my town in the future, though. :p

Today:
-got new hair
-made new designs {because I'm obsessed}
-made a pro-design "&" shirt for my mule and got him new hair {random style, but it's going to be permanent for now}
-did some island tours because I've been severely slacking
-It snowed all day; I already have the coelacanth, so I didn't play much today...too dreary.

May mine be changed no my new main town?

Character name: Haukea
Town name: Vikja
Starters: Melba, Poncho, Ricky, Violet, and Winny.
Native fruit: Peach

Hi, I will be joinging this on my 2nd file. I'm also doing the other one year challenge (where you can time travel) on my first file. I have a huge tt isue, I always tt. I am doing this to stop with it. I am looking for a map now. :)

HNI_0004.JPG

Vladimir's house spot! I'm glad he's finally gone.

HNI_0003.JPG

Perfect Apple and Gyroids on premium! Not bad.

HNI_0006.JPG

Woo! This is my 11th emotion.

I figured I should write an update since I haven't done that in a couple of days. Nothing much has happened but still enough for a post. :)

Tiffany has moved out so I'm expecting a new move-in any day. Shampoodle has been open for three days and I've gotten three (bad) haircuts. Apparently Margie had her birthday on the 28th but I forgot as always. :mad: No new PWPs have been built even though I've gotten more requests. The ones I remember are illuminated clock and the police station. I'm pretty sure I won't build them.

As for today,

image.jpg

I GOT THE CAFE REQUEST! I'm so happy! Its placement has been obivous to me right from the beginning so I'm glad I finally get to build it. Time for some beetle hunting after this update. I really want to have it by tomorrow.

I decided I wanted to make my first pro-design today. I'm pretty happy with the result considering that I didn't use any tools for it. But I definitely want to try the site DCB mentioned few pages back. Anyway, here's what the jacket/vest thingy looks like. The side details (side and cuff straps) can't be seen properly but here:

image.jpg
image.jpg

(Someone should recognize it if it's good enough :D) I wish I had some brown pants and a curly haircut...

Oh no I just noticed I forgot to draw the back seams. Got to do some editing again...

Last edited:
Back