• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The Official Alcohol Thread

What's your drink of choice?

• Total voters
Oh man I HATE vodka, except when it's mixed with other things so it turns out sweet :) but plain vodka? NO. haha. I like wine tho (the half sweet ones) and other mixed drinks. Here in the Netherlands you have a drink called Dropshot (tastes like liquorice, SO GOOD!)

I really hate beer :(

Oh man I HATE vodka, except when it's mixed with other things so it turns out sweet :) but plain vodka? NO. haha. I like wine tho (the half sweet ones) and other mixed drinks. Here in the Netherlands you have a drink called Dropshot (tastes like liquorice, SO GOOD!)

I really hate beer :(

Dude vodka is like 40%, hardly anyone would just drink plain vodka, you're SUPPOSED to mix it. Unless you're just having shots, in which case you don't really taste it anyway

if ur having vodka shots, ur probably at the stage where u wont taste it, like annachibi said

altho i do like that zbrowska (sp?) polish bison grass vodka straight

and ive been "forced" to drink this chinese "white wine" thats 59% before. foul stuff

Had a bad experience underage with cheap vodka straight let's say was very lucky...When older only drink it if grey goose is the mixer for vodka but I don't drink now unless is whiskey in my tea at night and not a lot my grandfather used to drink that but for me helps sleep at times and sore throats. Not much of a drinker, love champaign but is not good for me personally but I do like my tea with a shot or two of crown.

- - - Post Merge - - -

As far as not tasting vodka, unless is really good stuff can smell and taste it a mile away but may be due to my experience when younger. It has smell, taste, unless is the good kind and only way to go IMO.

Oh I know vodka does have a taste, but I just meant when you're having shots you don't really savour the taste do you, you just down it quickly

I rarely drink anything with alcohol. Sometimes when gurgling some mouthwash goes downy my throat

I was debating buying Blue Moon today at the grocers. I went on a spaghetti run and stopped by the drink aisle.

Does anyone like the taste of Blue Moon??

I called up a friend who had it when we went to dinner, but he didn't remember.

I miss J?germeister on the list. Thats my drink of choice, obviously not when its to hot outside, then a beer is more my thig, but not regular beer, only special brews.

I like a lot of drinks, mostly the mentioned above and wodka, whisky, gin. also really love ouzo and pastis (both anise flavoured drinks from respectively Greece and France).

Also mixes and cocktails. Cocktailbars are the best! (but expensive as hell).

Definitely not a beer girl.
My OH enjoys drinking beer and whiskey (most recently a bottle of the honey Jack Daniels) however I would like to drink more fruity or mixed drinks.
I've tried white wine at a Christmas Party and it was not to my taste. However that was only one wine and I'm sure I'll get many more chances to try others.
I enjoy cider such as Magners for casual nights out, however if I want to get drunk I will drink shots of Vodka, Apple Sours, Jaegerbombs (Not quite sure if that's how it's spelt?) Vodka mixed with cranberry juice, Coke, Sprite or orange juice.
Also various cocktails including Cosmopolitan, Woo woo, On the Beach etc which can (thankfully!) be bought cheaply from supermarkets. Any fruity cocktail really.
I don't judge against anyone that doesn't drink, that's their choice.

Vodka is my favorite because it can serve as a base for a lot of mixed drinks, and it's hard liquor so it gets you drunk faster. I'm too impatient for beer.

I think my favourite taste-wise would be a really good bottle of red.
If I'm wanting to just get drunk, I like gin or vodka

I don't drink, but if my goal for a night was to get drunk I'd probably choose vodka because it's quick and right to the point

I do not drink. It's not that I was closed-minded to it. I tried shortly after my 21st birthday, but no matter what they brought out, it was disgusting. I remember drinking beer feeling like I would imagine to drink pure acid. Ew. And the fruit drink I tried? Totally made me gag. xD

I understand that it is an acquired taste, but I also understand that it is not a taste worth acquiring. Not for me.

Used to drink and party (clubbing) a lot. Vodka was the drink of choice, usually combo'd with tequila and whatever else was there. Nowadays, it's wine and soju. The sheer taste of pure alcohol (- soju) makes me feel sick; I guess I have to build up my drinking tolerance again?

DO NOT DO SHOTS OF BURNETT'S SOUR APPLE VODKA OH MY GOD THAT WAS HORRIBLE TASTING.

On holiday I drank a bottle of peach wodka, now that was really bad as well. :D

After that I discovered Icebreaker. I never saw it anywhere else, then in the Czech Republic, I can`t even find it over google even. Maybe I drank to much of it and remember the name wrong. :\

Yet, I post a thread about smoking pot, and It got closed. And this has not. Whatever whatever... Wine.

Back