• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

Is there a place to submit suggestions? There's so many polls in the NH general that I feel like it should get their own sub thread from people asking for help to pick their dreamies or just ranking polls.

There's no official ongoing suggestion form that I'm aware of. The best place would be making a thread here on The Bell Tree HQ for community input.

Was gonna make a thread for this but actually posting here is probably better-

Do you need to have a thread for your island (and to link it in the Account details, of course) for it to show up like this?
Screenshot from 2020-06-17 13-10-52.png

I'd seen a few people who had theirs appear in their postbit/sidebar like this and couldn't find out how they got it to do that — but today I saw another few of them and checked: all had a thread linked. Which is why I'm asking here for confirmation :)

Was gonna make a thread for this but actually posting here is probably better-

Do you need to have a thread for your island (and to link it in the Account details, of course) for it to show up like this?
View attachment 275421

I'd seen a few people who had theirs appear in their postbit/sidebar like this and couldn't find out how they got it to do that — but today I saw another few of them and checked: all had a thread linked. Which is why I'm asking here for confirmation :)

Yes, you need to fill in the NH - Island Thread ID field to enable your island name to appear in the postbit.

You would need to make a thread in the Island Journals board, and then put the numbers at the end of the thread URL into the NH - Island Thread ID field. This will then display the name you have entered in the NH-Island Name field in your sidebar. :)

e.g. the URL for my thread is below. So I have the last six characters, 517909, entered in the NH - Island Thread ID field:
Code:
https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/welcome-to-the-viles.517909/

Yes, you need to fill in the NH - Island Thread ID field to enable your island name to appear in the postbit.

You would need to make a thread in the Island Journals board, and then put the numbers at the end of the thread URL into the NH - Island Thread ID field. This will then display the name you have entered in the NH-Island Name field in your sidebar. :)

e.g. the URL for my thread is below. So I have the last six characters, 517909, entered in the NH - Island Thread ID field:
Code:
https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/welcome-to-the-viles.517909/
Yes, thank you very much! I had understood the "thread ID" part, no worries, but thanks for explaining anyway :D

Actually, while I'm at it, I might as well ask… I was planning on making an art thread at some point (so, in the Museum), to post mostly drawings of the headcanons/almost lore I have for my island — cause I've been having many ideas when playing.
I wanted to put the link to this eventual thread in the "island thread ID" field. Would that be alright?

Yes, thank you very much! I had understood the "thread ID" part, no worries, but thanks for explaining anyway :D

Actually, while I'm at it, I might as well ask… I was planning on making an art thread at some point (so, in the Museum), to post mostly drawings of the headcanons/almost lore I have for my island — cause I've been having many ideas when playing.
I wanted to put the link to this eventual thread in the "island thread ID" field. Would that be alright?

While it is intended for Island Journals, if you are solely using art as a way to express and share your Animal Crossing island/experiences, I don't see a problem with linking that eventual thread in that field. :)

Question 1: if you reply to someone who’s posted on your thread does that count as a bump?

Question 2: if you post anything on your thread (not replying to someone) does that count as a bump?

Question 3: if someone posts on your thread does that count as a bump?

Question 4: if someone replies to you on your thread does that count as a bump?

Question 5: Are you allowed to bump on your thread if it’s in the museum?

Question 1: if you reply to someone who’s posted on your thread does that count as a bump?

Question 2: if you post anything on your thread (not replying to someone) does that count as a bump?

Question 3: if someone posts on your thread does that count as a bump?

Question 4: if someone replies to you on your thread does that count as a bump?

Question 5: Are you allowed to bump on your thread if it’s in the museum?

1. No, responding to another user's post is not considered a bump.

2. If you were the last person to post in the thread then, yes, this would be considered a bump.

3. If someone posts on your thread it is not considered a bump unless it is clear that bumping the thread was the sole motive of their post. If their post contributes to the thread (e.g. discussing a user's artwork in an art thread) then this would not be a bump.

4. See the answer above.

5. Yes. Bumping is allowed every four hours in The Museum.

how do i check a persons posts in one thread only? I cant find it the old way anymore.this is for mafia

Now I already read all the rules for the forums twice already when I joined, but I don't know if I remember you can give a friend seashells or not. So I want to know, can you?

I can't figure this out and I'm starting to think it isn't a thing anymore.

I could have sworn I saw someone on TBT 3.0 with a user colour title change. Is it not a thing anymore or am I not configuring it right?

Ftr I'm always on mobile with the site not showing signatures, idk if that has anythin to do with it.

I could have sworn I saw someone on TBT 3.0 with a user colour title change. Is it not a thing anymore or am I not configuring it right?

Ftr I'm always on mobile with the site not showing signatures, idk if that has anythin to do with it.

It is still something you can do and the user title color is shown on mobile as well.

Looking at your collectible lineup right now I don’t see the item. Currently you have to make sure it’s not hidden in your inventory.

Have the active box checked and the hidden box left unchecked. Save those settings and refresh the page.

I’ve seen some members report that checking, saving, unchecking, and saving again has helped.

When configuring, you do need to include the ‘#’ before your desired hex color code.

Give ‘er a go! :lemon:

edit: thank you @Vrisnem for sharing the method credit below! I didn’t know where/who it had originated from! ❤

Last edited:

User title colours are still a thing, but they're a little trickier to reactivate and the collectible needs be visible for other people to see it. Most people hide the collectible which also hides the colour from everyone except them.

Credit for this method goes to @Lellyna:
  • first make collectible inactive and hidden
    • should show no colour
  • then change it to active and hidden
    • should now be visible to you only
  • then change it to active and unhidden
    • should now be visible to everyone

edit: didn't see @Mairmalade had posted!

Last edited:
On the topic of user title color changes, just testing this, but is mine visible now?

Back