• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

the golden stag beetle is my enemy...

maddong

unhindered clown
Bells
i have been searching for this god awful bug for hours now!
i've used a bajillion nmt looking for tree bug islands, and settled for bamboo island
i've literally ran across all of the other rare beetles multiple times, but this one has never spawned..
i've been catching all the rainbow stags too to make sure i don't get them confused, and no luck

i'd love to hear stories of people catching this bug, just so i have a little more hope
(i've been looking up videos/stories to make sure it exists...)

EDIT: THIS CLOWN HAS BEEN CAUGHT!!!! good luck 2 everyone else hunting!

EdQxTcaUYAA9ewU.jpeg

Last edited:
They are fairly rare, but I have caught quite a few so far this month so don’t give up! Sounds like luck just hasn’t been on your side, bamboo island probably is the best place to look for it though.

Hercules beetle was actually my enemy this month, still only seen it twice this month.

They are fairly rare, but I have caught quite a few so far this month so don’t give up! Sounds like luck just hasn’t been on your side, bamboo island probably is the best place to look for it though.

Hercules beetle was actually my enemy this month, still only seen it twice this month.
thank you that is reassuring!! i actually just found my first one and totally psyched myself out and scared it off jkfldsfjks
i'm glad to have seen it though... i hope u can find more hercules beetles! i've only found 3 of them so far i believe

I actually prefer to farm beetles on bamboo island! I bring in some palm trees from a previous nook island and I'll run between the left and right beaches, checking for beetles. It's rare so don't give up!

I actually prefer to farm beetles on bamboo island! I bring in some palm trees from a previous nook island and I'll run between the left and right beaches, checking for beetles. It's rare so don't give up!
yeah this has definitely been my most successful beetle hunt! i only had two extra palm trees in my pocket, but they definitely help a lot
thanks for ur support!!
Post automatically merged:

I CAUGHT IT OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!
thank u 2 everyone who sent me good vibes in this thread 🥺🥺🥺🥺
omg i almost cried JKFLDSJF FINALLY I AM FREE!!!

yeah this has definitely been my most successful beetle hunt! i only had two extra palm trees in my pocket, but they definitely help a lot
thanks for ur support!!
Post automatically merged:

I CAUGHT IT OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!
thank u 2 everyone who sent me good vibes in this thread 🥺🥺🥺🥺
omg i almost cried JKFLDSJF FINALLY I AM FREE!!!

Congrats! Do you have all the beetles now?

This is me with the giraffe beetle!!

I caught the golden stag randomly on my island- It was right next to my villager's house, and I wasn't going to bother with it because I thought it was just a miyama stag or saw stag (it was night) and I almost went inside without catching it, but something told me to catch it anyways, and boy am I glad I did. Haven't seen one since, but good luck to everyone!

I did all my bug catching using the bamboo island strategy. It still took a good while (see you in Hell, Cicada Shell!!) but it was a lot easier than trying to find them on my island!

congrats on finding it!! i managed to catch one randomly one morning - it was around 4-5am and i was just strolling around before shutting the game off and found an unfamiliar looking bug on one of my palm trees. i thought it was maybe just the early morning lighting that was making the beetle look weird but nope, it was the golden stag. i’m definitely one of the lucky ones with how difficult this stag has been for some lmao - but the giant stag? giraffe stag? i’m starting to think they don’t even exist lmaooo

Congrats! Took me quite a while to find as well. It looks more brownish than gold so it doesn't reallly stand out from other stags. I scared a few away before I decided to just try to farm one on a mystery island :)

Last edited:
I caught my first one the first day on a mystery island just before I gave up for the night. Tried 2 times after and found nothing even though found a bamboo island but it refused to spawn. finally friday tried the mystery island again and caught a second one, both times it was on the spiral mystery island, tried there due to there being no upper levels. So have my pet and donation, now just need 3 more for my model >.<

I honestly feel your pain. I think I saw it the other night for the first time whilst villager hunting and remember creeping up very slowly with a net to try and catch it, but with my luck the bug flew away and never to be seen again. I felt so annoyed with myself and I really wonder what I did wrong for it to escape in front of my eyes.

Yeah it took me several evenings on islands too, and I made it my mission to get every creature 4 times (Museum plus models)

Mystery islands are really the way to go and bamboo islands don’t need as much prep time and no levels where you have to scare ground bugs away

Congratulations on catching one, I finally caught one last night. I have such bad luck finding bamboo island. Tried with 12 nmt and and on the last one gave up finding one. My enemy is the cicada shell it’s the only new bug I need to find.

Mystery islands are really the way to go and bamboo islands don’t need as much prep time and no levels where you have to scare ground bugs away

Was just about to say I finally found a Giraffe Stag this way ☺
Now to find three more for Flick... apparently, he has special dialogue for them, and I wanna see it!

Back