• LIVE A gaming session for Among Us as part of TBT Neighborly Games is happening right now! Join us in our Discord server's multiplayer channel.
  • We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The Anime Thread

I decided to watch the first two episodes of Yuru Camp since several people recommended trying it. It's exactly the mood boosting anime I needed. All of the characters and their interactions are so sweet.

Watched some of BSD Wan and holy crap is it ever funny! My sister and I were killing ourselves laughing! Definitely gives off a Saiki K vibe which I love. Whatever that sense of humor is called, is mine.

Me and a friend started Aggretsuko, and istg we couldn't stop ourselves cause it was so funny. I felt so bad for retsuko the whole time 😅
Post automatically merged:

Started watching the new Violet Evergarden movie yesterday. It's so long, but god do I love the atmosphere of the series.
I watched this a few days ago and cried... SO MUCH. I really love the vibes of that show and I'm happy that I got to experience that show with my friends. Its really so pretty.

These are the Anime I enjoy and have watched and some I haven't finished yet!!

Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (Finshed)
Sword Art Online (Sill watching Alicization, finished the others)
Soul Eater/Soul Eater Not!! (Finished)
Demon Slayer (Finished Season 1, Waiting for Season 2)
My Hero Academia (Caught up and watched both movies)
Naruto/Boruto (Currently Watching, seen some episodes and all over the place)
Aggretsuko (Finished)
Blue Exorcist (Finished)
Gurren Lagann (Finished)
K (Finished)
Black Butler (Need to Finish)
Inuyasha (Need to Finish)
Hunter X Hunter (Need to Finish)
Dururura (Need to watch 2nd part)
Ouran Highschool Host Club (Finished)
Death Note (Finished)
Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Digimon (Finished Some, others need to watch)
Fairy Tail (Need to Finish)
Bleach (Need to Finish)
The Devil is a Part-Timer! (Finished)
Blood Lad (Finished)
Black Clover (Need to Finish)
Food Wars! (Need to Finish)
Lupin The 3rd (Need to Finish)
Fire Force (Currently watching)
Beastars (Finished)
Cannon Busters (Finished)
BNA (Finished)
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic (Need to Finish)
One Punch Man (Finished)
Mfkz (Finished, don't know if it considered anime movie?)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (Need to Finish)
Kiki's Delivery Service
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
My Neighbor Totoro
Ponyo
Mary and The Witch's Flower

Started watching the new Violet Evergarden movie yesterday. It's so long, but god do I love the atmosphere of the series.

ouuu I think I made about 5 episodes in the series and got busy/put it aside, heard wonders with the movie. Definitely need to get back into it again!

Started watching the Promised Neverland recently and I'm completely obsessed! (as if my icon wasn't a huge indicator AJSKFHSSDJFK)
If y'all want a good horror-ish anime to watch for spooky season, definitely give this one a go! The music is amazing and almost all of, if not all of the characters are super likable too! It's only got two seasons, so it's binge-able too!

I guess the second season is super different from the manga, so I'm gonna have to give those a read since I need MORE

Get ready to slay some demons! Demon Slayer season two episode two is here.

Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu meet Rengoku and get a taste of his flamboyant attitude. Demons are on board the train, and Rengoku takes them out without the help of the other three. However, a Lower One demon by the name of Enmu has a strategy that puts all four of the demon slayers to sleep! Just how will our heroes awaken from their slumber?

t1jeRRv.jpg

Up next time on Demon Slayer season two, “Should Have Been”. You won’t want to miss it!

Finished season two of Naruto Shippuden!

I have to say admittedly that most of it was pretty boring. Naruto going berserk against Orochimaru was to be expected, Sai being boring and predictable was to be expected, I don’t know. Not really a favorite season of mine. The end of the season was worth it though, getting to see Naruto and Sasuke meet again. Now I’m wondering about how season three will be. I heard the first half has some important stuff and the second half is filler, so we’ll see how it goes… onto season three!

Also, I have to say so far since I’ve watched both Naruto and My Hero Academia, that My Hero Academia is miles better than Naruto and Naruto Shippuden (sorry, but not sorry diehard Naruto fans). There’s not nearly as much filler, the story is better, and everything is just better executed in MHA. Not to mention there’s more depth to non-main-cast characters in MHA. I understand what you were saying about it now, @TheDuke55 . Don’t get me wrong, I’ve really enjoyed Naruto and Naruto Shippuden so far, and I’ll finish the series. But it just doesn’t compare to MHA…

@Midoriya Naruto Shippuden was never my favorite series. I watched it simply because I had invested so much time into Naruto. I enjoyed the show and thought it was good (Naruto), but Shippuden was definitely the weakest link by miles. I hated how Shippuden had become so much of a mancrush chase for Sasuke. It just didn't feel right. If I had a friend like that, a toxic friend, I'd just let them be and move on with my life. I didn't like how the author was pretty much lowkey telling people that your friends could never do anything so heinous that they'd stop being your friends. It's a bad lesson to teach kids.

Naruto introduced so many interesting characters that simply got pushed to the sidelines in Shippuden so that new uninteresting characters filled their spot. One Piece is actually my favorite series as well as MHA. I like One Piece because while it does take itself seriously when it needs to be, it also knows when to not be so uptight by being comical/funny, which is what I feel like Shippuden forgot.

I finished season one of Bungou Stray Dogs and I'm on episode 8 of season two! I really liked season one and the characters, there's not one I find overly annoying like almost every other anime series I've seen so that's a plus lol. I also enjoyed the flashback episodes of Dazai at the beginning of season two and can't wait to see what happens next!

Has anyone else watched iDOLiSH7? I’ve been watching it with a friend who *loves* it and I’ve been enjoying it quite a lot!! Lots of twists and turns and emotions for an idol show.
Also hi! I’ve never talked in this thread, I am a giant weeb lol. My anilist: https://anilist.co/user/Shiluc/

Today I finished Fena: Pirate Princess. My overall impressions were that it was a good anime, not your basic story, and it had some lovely animation. I do wish there had been a bit more to it. The opening of the anime seems to promise some cool fight scenes, but these were very limited in the actual anime itself. The story was interesting, but I would have liked more details and depth related to the supporting cast. I'm glad I watched it but it is not on my list of favorites.

Get ready to slay some demons! Demon Slayer season two episode three is here.

Lower One Enmu currently had Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Rengoku in dreams so that their spiritual cores could be destroyed by the Scooby-Doo Kids From Down The Lane (that's what I'm calling them). Dork one (Zenitsu) was having a dream about Nezuko and him going to pick peaches together. As if Nezuko would ever do that with him. Dork two (Inosuke) was having a dream about Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Nezuko being his minions inside a cave with music that sounded like Mario cave music from the games. Oh, and of course the boss is the freaking train, or as Inosuke calls it, "The Lord of The Land". Rengoku has a much more serious dream and tells his younger brother the truth about what his father said and what kind of person his brother is. Shamwow. Wish I had a sibling like that. As soon as one of the Scooby-Doo Kids From Down The Lane is about to destroy Rengoku's spiritual core, Rengoku picks them up while still asleep and chokes them. Tanjiro then attempts to commit seppuku in his dream in order to wake up and fight the demons. Shamwow.

Up next time on Demon Slayer, "Insult". You won't want to miss it!

Back