• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The ACNH Rant Thread

Trading or buying a DIY basically guarantees one of my villagers will be crafting it the same or next day. :cautious:

SO. MANY. DUPLICATES. I'm even giving them to my daughter's character and selling them to Nook's and my house is still half DIYs. Why can't we turn them down? It makes no sense.

I wish Nintendo would release a way to back up and transfer save data of our islands sooner. Last night I accidentally spilled a bit of water on my switch and thought it was broken until I realized the battery was dead. I think it will work after I charge it, hoping it wasn't also water damaged 🤞

Last edited:
I know that we can’t put down things in the plaza for a reason, but... imagine if we could... I hate having this big bland square there with nothing there...
What really baffles me is that in NL you can at least put custom patterns down there and then if they’ve been placed in the area where special visitors go they’ll get messed up but you can simply replace them and it’s fine. But now pathmaking is a built-in part of the game and yet we can’t decorate our plazas with patterns like we used to or even with anything at all? And why is there sometimes randomly a bench or set of chairs there?

And why is there sometimes randomly a bench or set of chairs there?

Because villagers sometimes go there to relax and hang out, and they appear accordingly. But I still dislike when my villagers do this, because when they‘re sitting down on a chair or seat, they have limited interactions (you can’t give them presents) and at times it seems impossible to coax them to stand up.

Because villagers sometimes go there to relax and hang out, and they appear accordingly. But I still dislike when my villagers do this, because when they‘re sitting down on a chair or seat, they have limited interactions (you can’t give them presents) and at times it seems impossible to coax them to stand up.
Actually, I like when the villagers hang out there because I think it makes the plaza seem more lively, which I feel that it should considering it’s a big huge plaza—my problem isn’t that the benches/chairs are there, it’s that they appear and disappear at will and the player can’t choose whether they want the feature or not. It’s also just weird in-universe, I mean, is there just a bench/set of stools stored somewhere that the villagers randomly decide to go to the trouble of hauling out on a whim? If I were them, I wouldn’t bother and would just leave it there. I was so confused the first time I saw a bench there and had it disappear the next day.

I was trying to diversify my village. I realized last night that I had 3 lazy villagers and 2 cranky. 2 cats + 2 deer. I decide to get rid of bam/kitty/stitches. I pick up Diana and Ankha so now I’m back to 2 deer and 2 cats and now I have 2 snootys. I can’t win.

I think the villagers have good dialogue, but the logic behind the dialogue system makes it so tedious and kills the most fun part of the game for me (the social simulation). To get to the interesting stuff, I have to talk to them and hear about a) my second character b) my partner's visit (which is a daily occurrence because we always play together) c) what tool I have in my hand d) whoever else visited my island recently and sometimes e) the plaza that they're standing in. And then they're almost done with me. There's only 1-2 options for dialogue for each of those events and they come up way too frequently. Meanwhile they have tons of cute and interesting things to say, but I have to talk to them constantly just to hear something new, or about the weather or whatever. I don't mind the dialogue being spaced out, but it's frustrating to have to get past the same lines every time.

I do like the dialogue that opens up as you bond with them. It's great imo.

Honestly I'm really missing New Leaf on a lot of levels, but the changes NH introduced (in terms of moving buildings, terraforming, outdoor furniture, customisation of yourself and other things, graphics, etc.) are impossible for me to give up on D:

Last edited:
I usually stay out of this thread because I prefer to keep my blood pressure down. :)

My rant isn't so much about the game (I actually enjoy it and think it's quite good, as is). I'm just tired of all the tier threads. Honestly, who cares how "popular" a particular villager is? Honestly, it feels like the frenzy over getting "good" villagers takes away from the game and just adds to the perception of this being a competition.

I already know I'm in the minority about selling villagers, to begin with. In my mind, you sell a clock or a bed, not neighbors, but that's me. But you love who you love and I couldn't even tell you where my villagers land.

when Redd shows up after three weeks and the only authentic art is one of the three you already have in the museum

:)

when Redd shows up after three weeks and the only authentic art is one of the three you already have in the museum

:)

Oh yeah! That's quite a not-so-fun feeling. I had that happen with me the first time he properly showed up with his boat. I let my husband come over and get the painting.

Why did Nintendo remove the hybrid island, it was so pretty and I never even got one ;-;

They’re already rare so I don’t see an issue with people getting too many hybrids??? Especially since we’re limited due to pocket space

And then not putting it in the patch notes is really scummy imo. If they were transparent about it I wouldn’t be so mad

I wish I could have a ton of construction projects at once or maybe I could pay extra to expedite some of them but it's already more than I could do in new leaf so whatever I guess. Being patient is hard. I'm doing it but it's hard!!!

I don’t like that the water in the fish tanks aren’t transparent. The water was transparent in past games.

Back