• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The ACNH Rant Thread

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Snowflake Glow Wand
Festive Bell
Friday the 13th Candy
Pink Hybrid Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Similar to the What’s Bothering You Thread, this is a thread to discuss your frustrations with the new game if you have any. Since there was a lot of complaint threads on the ACNL board, I decided to come up with a thread where you can share all of your frustrations or other problems (like someone else ruined your island). ACNH may not have the same problems ACNL did since Nintendo listened to us, but that doesn’t mean ACNH is free of any flaws. For a reminder:
  • Stay on topic and do not complain about anything that isn’t ACNH-related.
  • Do not publicly blacklist other members or members from other websites. You may complain about other people being problematic, but do not call out their names or specify what site they’re from.
  • Remember to be respectful to others when they state their frustrations.
  • You are allowed to give or ask for help or guidance on how to get past a point of frustration, but do not use this thread as a Wi-Fi or trading thread.
You don’t have to use this thread if you don't want to, but be sure to follow the rules if you use this thread.

Last edited:
1. No new\bigger upgrades for the interior of the house since wild world. I was hoping for more rooms or something like terraforming but for inside.
2. Map is still smaller than the n64 map. With 8 players available to move in they should give them all more room to build.
3. Not so much buildings. There could be more a variety of buildings to choose to build like hair salon, kicks store, cafe, lief store etc. while having the option to not put some of you don't want it

I'm kinda bummed that your starting villagers can only be a Jock and an Uchi. Kind of a strange combo imo. Why couldn't it be any of the other personalities?

i feel the same way - i gave up on resetting for villagers just because i like hardly any of the villagers from these personalities

Why is iron so annoying to get? Aaaaaahhhh

For me I found it was helpful to use Nook Miles to travel to another island! (Instead of just waiting for them to respawn on your own island) That way you can bash up all the rocks there, visit another island and repeat. That's how I managed to get 30 irons in one day.

my only complaint is with donations

Once you donate a certain amount to Nook, he will no longer accept donations as you have to wait for Blathers to finish setting up. I picked a spot for the museum, and since I started the game at 3AM at 5AM it became a "new" day and Blathers was already set up. So I excitedly went and donated the stuff I had for him. But once I donated 15 items he stopped taking donations as he is now in the process of updating his tent. This means that I cant donate any of the new fish or bugs I find today. Right now I just have a stack of fish and bugs outside the museum that I will hopefully donate once Blathers accepts donations again...

and while I'm on this topic... I hate that I couldn't place the museum where I wanted to because there were parts of the island I couldnt access when I was first given the chance to build the museum. I know that I can move it later, but I would have preferred to place it where I wanted to from the very beginning.

It bums me out that a couple of features in ACNL (including some mainstays for most of the series) are not present in the game. But hope is not lost. They may re-appear in upcoming DLC. I would rather pay for a feature to be present again rather than have it be absent

Bit of a minor nitpick, but the sheer amount of trash is disheartening. I know they needed to make the junk items slightly more accessible since they are involved in crafting recipes (and I have been enjoying making succulents out of the cans I pull up.) But holy moly it seems like every third "fish" I reel in is actually a piece of trash.

Also a minor rant at myself: Me, you lucked out that there was a Nook Miles initiative for dropping a balloon present into the water and losing it. We got that squared away now, though, so I don't want to see me doing that again. Am I clear?

There's, like, way too many balloons. I'm sick and tired of hunting them down every ten minutes!

At least they're more than just balloon furniture this time. I've gotten some cool stuff and I'm relieved.

Why can't I buy customization kits in packs of larger than 5? This neat shell bed I found a recipe for wants 7 of them. Seriously, at the minimum they should come in bulks of 10.

Back