• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The ACNH Rant Thread

bro i decide i wanna get on acnh even tho it's late, went into like 5 houses to talk to my villagers or find one making a diy and no joke all of them just talk about happy home academy? like is there nothing else you guys wanna talk about? i even accidentally went into nibbles' house twice and she said the same happy home academy line???

this is why i think the villagers are so bland in this game lmao.

Doesn't make any sense how we have more pro design options in NH, yet we can't replicate designs made in NL. For example I can make a tank dress that curves in at the skirt and that other tank dress that's straight with the side stitching, but if I want a tank dress that flares out a little like the shirt dress does I have to import a design from NL. Same applies for (why??) long-sleeved dresses that don't have that puff at the shoulder ugh! And I haven't checked but I believe it's the same way to get horned hats?

I can see maybe a desire to give NL designs some lasting/carryover value and that's why you can't replicate them? But then wouldn't it have been easier to make the pro design selector modular like NL's kinda was but upgraded? E.g. being able to individually select collar/neckline style, sleeve style, skirt length, texture? Is that just too much data to include in a 12-character code? (serious question. I'd understand a little if it was.)

It’s been a while since I posted here, but now that I‘ve played for a while I decided to post again.

It’s that time now when I‘m really thinking about how to landscape and decorate houses and it’s bugging me how little furnitures we start out with at launch. I say this because I know items are being added with updates, but I’m not satisfied with what I’ve seen so far. Eg. earth day could have added way more house plants because we already start out with so little. If they don’t add items like that during what seemed like an appropriate update, would they ever? Same with things like topiaries we had in New leaf. The “garden/park” theme was so huge in new leaf that I‘m confused why we don’t have more of these options starting out. It also makes no sense to me that we can finally put items outside yet we have to resort to using toy bed cars in our parking lots when New leaf had actual cars like luxury cars and compact cars. It feels like we’re forced to find creative ways to display items to make them look like something else, instead of the game just giving us that item. Eg pocket camp has items with full flower bouquet stalls and veggie items, yet new horizons forces us to use coconuts, weeds, and watermelon beach balls on our farms. I hope they add better items or at least bring back a lot of the items from New Leaf that didn’t make the cut at launch. So many nice beach, garden, farming, etc. themed items in new leaf that would look so nice on our islands.

I want the one piece dress outfits like the oversized sweaters and boa parkas to not look odd on the villagers. Just make em look huge on em, idc. That's cute. they just form fit into dresses sometimes ._. I want oversized sweaters mang

Last edited:
Seriously in nookshopping why didnt they include the option of paying from the items from the ABD (savings) ?
Its so annoying having to go get the money and then go to shop
I agree completely with this. They should bring back the debit card system from City Folk so I don’t have to carry money on my character. It would help especially when I travel.

So Ninji did some more datamining and found out about how the schedule works for special NPCs:
A lot of people on reddit felt like Leif and Redd should be switched. Most people don't need to buy bushes every week, but not having a chance at art each week (esp. when there's no guarantee of having any genuine pieces!) really hurts.

So Ninji did some more datamining and found out about how the schedule works for special NPCs:
A lot of people on reddit felt like Leif and Redd should be switched. Most people don't need to buy bushes every week, but not having a chance at art each week (esp. when there's no guarantee of having any genuine pieces!) really hurts.

I literally haven't bought from Leif or checked what he had for sale since the first time he came. I just don't care lol. I wouldn't be opposed to Kicks being a random slot either and having CJ or Flick be guaranteed.

I understand now why people have entry fees and block their islands off because people can't follow instructions. It's extremely discouraging to open up my island to others for a rarer DIY and have some people run no where near my villagers house and up and down paths to my other villagers and museum (literally taking a longer way back to the airport lol).

I went on the honor system (and checked feedback) and I won't be doing it again without an entry fee to discourage this. Sad how some people ruin it for others.

I think Celeste may be broken, if the datamine above is true and she's supposed to show up on meteor shower nights.

I've had her five times now, and she has never once been there on any of my three meteor shower nights. Twice when she showed up it was clear and I had between 3-10 shooting stars, but three times when she came, it was cloudy and I didn't even get that.

I'm so frustrated because I never know how to predict whether or not Celeste will show up (since Isabelle doesn't announce her), and I have to purposefully get online again late every night and check my entire island for her. Once I missed her because she was behind some trees, and only realized she was visiting when I logged on later with my second character.

Which reminds me, why on EARTH doesn't Isabelle announce visitors? Why have her talking about her lost socks 5 days a week when she could actually be useful and tell me when someone is visiting? I can't say how many times I accidentally sold whole inventories of fish/bugs to Nook's because I didn't realize Flick/CJ was visiting.

I think Celeste may be broken, if the datamine above is true and she's supposed to show up on meteor shower nights.

I've had her five times now, and she has never once been there on any of my three meteor shower nights. Twice when she showed up it was clear and I had between 3-10 shooting stars, but three times when she came, it was cloudy and I didn't even get that.

I'm so frustrated because I never know how to predict whether or not Celeste will show up (since Isabelle doesn't announce her), and I have to purposefully get online again late every night and check my entire island for her. Once I missed her because she was behind some trees, and only realized she was visiting when I logged on later with my second character.

Which reminds me, why on EARTH doesn't Isabelle announce visitors? Why have her talking about her lost socks 5 days a week when she could actually be useful and tell me when someone is visiting? I can't say how many times I accidentally sold whole inventories of fish/bugs to Nook's because I didn't realize Flick/CJ was visiting.
Yess. I had shooting stars once, and someone in my island asked if I had Celeste, but I hadn't looked around for her or anything and so I just said she wasn't there. So, after they left, I check my island and didn't see her, so I was like ok, she's not here. Anyway, I logged out to play another game, but when I logged back in I saw her walking around in the opening screen thing :eek: But when I tried to look for her I couldn't find her!! I was so confused! I looked everywhere and could not find her ;-; Finally after going into buildings and coming out several times I saw her walking around, but dang

Yess. I had shooting stars once, and someone in my island asked if I had Celeste, but I hadn't looked around for her or anything and so I just said she wasn't there. So, after they left, I check my island and didn't see her, so I was like ok, she's not here. Anyway, I logged out to play another game, but when I logged back in I saw her walking around in the opening screen thing :eek: But when I tried to look for her I couldn't find her!! I was so confused! I looked everywhere and could not find her ;-; Finally after going into buildings and coming out several times I saw her walking around, but dang

It turns out that Celeste is the ultimate hide-and-seek champion. Haha!

Oh man, that must have driven you nuts!

I understand now why people have entry fees and block their islands off because people can't follow instructions. It's extremely discouraging to open up my island to others for a rarer DIY and have some people run no where near my villagers house and up and down paths to my other villagers and museum (literally taking a longer way back to the airport lol).

I went on the honor system (and checked feedback) and I won't be doing it again without an entry fee to discourage this. Sad how some people ruin it for others.
I have to be honest, occasionally I mess up and start running the wrong way on someone’s island because even with the map I have a terrible sense of direction (it’s why I have my minimap set to always on even though that would annoy most people lol). So it actually helps me when people block stuff off/ask visitors to follow them/have super clear paths, especially if their airport is far away from the destination of the visit.
But if this happens then I also always notice quickly, immediately stop what I’m doing, type “whoops, wrong way, sorry!” or something along those lines into the mobile app (which everyone should really use, that or a USB keyboard), and look at the map again and people have always been understanding of it—if there’s anyone else like me who just sucks at knowing where they’re going, then they need to make their mistake clear to the host and if they don’t then they have no excuse for it. Because if someone just starts running around your island where they’re not supposed to be without saying anything, they’re being rude and showing zero regard for your time no matter what the reason is.
Especially if they do things like actually go into a bunch of the other houses (one wrong house is understandable to me if they’re close together but you should then go immediately back out and double check the map) or even worse, start going in shops and buying things without asking. I’ve had both happen myself because I don’t like blocking off my island and it’s extremely frustrating, like come on, if you’re lost please just tell me and I’ll help and if you wanna shop or visit other villagers real quick I’ll likely let you if you ask. Idk why some people are either so afraid of properly communicating with their host or just have so much fun going around breaking rules.

I have to be honest, occasionally I mess up and start running the wrong way on someone’s island because even with the map I have a terrible sense of direction (it’s why I have my minimap set to always on even though that would annoy most people lol). So it actually helps me when people block stuff off/ask visitors to follow them/have super clear paths, especially if their airport is far away from the destination of the visit.
But if this happens then I also always notice quickly, immediately stop what I’m doing, type “whoops, wrong way, sorry!” or something along those lines into the mobile app (which everyone should really use, that or a USB keyboard), and look at the map again and people have always been understanding of it—if there’s anyone else like me who just sucks at knowing where they’re going, then they need to make their mistake clear to the host and if they don’t then they have no excuse for it. Because if someone just starts running around your island where they’re not supposed to be without saying anything, they’re being rude and showing zero regard for your time no matter what the reason is.
Especially if they do things like actually go into a bunch of the other houses (one wrong house is understandable to me if they’re close together but you should then go immediately back out and double check the map) or even worse, start going in shops and buying things without asking. I’ve had both happen myself because I don’t like blocking off my island and it’s extremely frustrating, like come on, if you’re lost please just tell me and I’ll help and if you wanna shop or visit other villagers real quick I’ll likely let you if you ask. Idk why some people are either so afraid of properly communicating with their host or just have so much fun going around breaking rules.

That's understandable. I've done the same and I have my mini map on always too.

I mean all of my houses are in the same area (2 per row and 5 rows with a main "street" to connect all of them. My post and PM had the directions to take the path to the right of my Resident Services since it connects directly and most people used that way to get there so idk. It's just super frustrating when you're clearly running on a bridge and down another incline that you didn't take to get that way (that's clearly to the far left when the airport is south). I physically blocked people at one point and they still attempted to run through my character.

Back