• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The ACNH Rant Thread

I didn’t get the wooden low table DIY from HHA :(
Hmm... it seems a lot of people aren’t getting items the game is supposed to give to you. (For example, the mom’s napsack. Some people didn’t get it. My character got theirs, but on the wrong date (I got it on the 4th instead of the 2nd...) I wonder why this is.)

Hmm... it seems a lot of people aren’t getting items the game is supposed to give to you. (For example, the mom’s napsack. Some people didn’t get it. My character got theirs, but on the wrong date (I got it on the 4th instead of the 2nd...) I wonder why this is.)

Yeah, I have no idea why I didn't get the DIY. It's possible it's because I might have time travelled. Unlike Mom's items which usually gets sent at the beginning of every month and can be simply obtained from time traveling, the DIY only arrives on the first letter the HHA sends you, which is when you first buy a house.

I'm going to rant about my inability to count to the number seven. I'm setting up a little colorblock garden across from my hybrid breeding garden and I just cannot count today. Plus, why do I have to be so picky setting up a temporary garden? :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I have no idea why I didn't get the DIY. It's possible it's because I might have time travelled. Unlike Mom's items which usually gets sent at the beginning of every month and can be simply obtained from time traveling, the DIY only arrives on the first letter the HHA sends you, which is when you first buy a house.

I had no idea thing was a thing until you posted about it. I’m in the same boat. I don’t have the diy either and I tt too. Is the diy a physical diy card or is it simillar to when tom nook sends diy to your phone?
Hope it is physical so maybe we can just make a second character to get the diy.
Post automatically merged:

What's it named?

Bluebell

I had no idea thing was a thing until you posted about it. I’m in the same boat. I don’t have the diy either and I tt too. Is the diy a physical diy card or is it simillar to when tom nook sends diy to your phone?
Hope it is physical so maybe we can just make a second character to get the diy.
It's a physical card. I recently checked on the wiki and apparently it's also obtainable from smug villagers when they are crafting at their workbench so not all hope is lost. Problem is, I keep getting duplicate DIYs, mostly fruit-themed dresses and umbrellas. -_-

I got 2 campsite visitors in the span of a few days, yay.
They were Stinky and Tabby, nay.

If I could get a nice cat villager (I'm not even asking for Raymond since I have Marshal who's smug) I'd have invited them immediately.

*moves two pixels too close to the edge of a cliff*
*tries to place a 1x1 thing*

"tHeRe'S nO rOoM tO pUt AnYtHiNg HeRe."
Post automatically merged:

Wait what? I don't TT and I never heard about this. I think the first gift HHA gave me was... a tissue box? idr. And as far as I'm aware I've gotten everything else correctly. I wonder if it's not a hard fast rule that you're supposed to get X in Y event?

Last edited:
Wait what? I don't TT and I never heard about this. I think the first gift HHA gave me was... a tissue box? idr. And as far as I'm aware I've gotten everything else correctly. I wonder if it's not a hard fast rule that you're supposed to get X in Y event?
I got the tissue box too! However, some people said they got the DIY instead of a tissue box, which confuses me. I’m guessing it’s RNG but even then, I would rather prefer the DIY over a tissue box.

not rly a rant i guess, but i wish there was some sort of perma ladder that you could put at the base of cliffs. that way if you had a cute area that was otherwise inaccessible, you wouldn't have to pull out your ladder everytime. i wanna make a treehouse haha;;;;

also-- water decorations! imagine being able to put sakura leaves or lily pads in your ponds! or changing the color of the water entirely~

also what happened to building customization. nook's cranny looks so ugly on my island ahskdjjsdfjfsd

Trying to wrap my head around the thinking that went towards making the resident services building so unbelievably cumbersome. It takes up a huge amount of space, can’t be customized whatsoever, and worst of all it’s the only building that can’t be moved? At first I was like whatever but now I realize mine is sooo close to my airport my options for making a nice entrance are quite limited. Why is it even placed like it’s the first thing your visitors should see anyway, there’s nothing for them to do in there, they can’t even use the ABD. 😂
It makes my blood boil when my villagers say Isabelle and RS are the reason my island is the way it is. I can’t remember the exact dialogue but something alone those lines, I believe.

It makes my blood boil when my villagers say Isabelle and RS are the reason my island is the way it is. I can’t remember the exact dialogue but something alone those lines, I believe.

LoL oh man I know the exact dialogue you’re thinking of, they say something like “You know who the real brains behind the island is? ISABELLE” Like excuse u????

LoL oh man I know the exact dialogue you’re thinking of, they say something like “You know who the real brains behind the island is? ISABELLE” Like excuse u????
That’s the one! I never hit my villagers with my net but I tell you that was the closest I’ve felt to it.

C9642676-4F6A-446F-A544-E9837C1228A2.jpeg

We were able to put trees next to cliffs in the direct so why not now...

I got the tissue box too! However, some people said they got the DIY instead of a tissue box, which confuses me. I’m guessing it’s RNG but even then, I would rather prefer the DIY over a tissue box.

I got Mom's Tissue Box or whatever it's called in the mail at some point. I'm 100% positive I got it way before mother's day though. But I also got the low table DIY too. Ditto with Mom's knapsack.

Ah, here it is....

There's also apparently a Mom's Cake that I didn't get yet.

Last edited:
My Rant: I don’t like having furniture items which are available in different colors but which your humans cannot customize. I can be forgiving if Re-tail shop—with Reese and Cyrus—gets added. And I will be frank: This sucks!

Back