• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT's Halloweaster 2020 Event Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bells
Tasty Cake
Red Tulip
Flea
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Yellow Candy
Easter Bunny
halloweaster2.gif

Welcome to The Bell Tree’s Eighth Annual Easter Egg Hunt! What’s that? You say Easter was six and a half months ago? Sorry, somehow, I got locked in The Bell Tree Manor during the forum software migration and no one came and helped me out – until Jack came along and told me all about his two-part Halloween spectacular. Two parts! Meanwhile my annual egg hunt got cancelled. That makes me hopping mad!

Jack, I challenge you to an event-off. If your children of the night can find all 25 eggs I have planted around The Bell Tree then Halloween is yours; I will never touch it again. If they fail to find even just one of my eggs then from now on Halloween is mine. Hippity-hoppity wish-wash-whoa! Welcome to The Bell Tree’s Halloween Halloweaster Part 2!

For many of you this will be your very first egg hunt on The Bell Tree. Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to find the 25 eggs I have hidden throughout the forum. The clues in the table below will give you a hint as to where they are located. Each egg that you find will provide you with egg currency. This egg currency can then be traded in the shop for the brand new spooky egg collectibles.

The first batch of clues have been released Saturday October 31st at 4PM EDT. More will continue to be released throughout Saturday and Sunday. You have until Monday November 2nd 2020 at 10PM EST to find as many eggs as you can. After that point they will no longer be redeemable.

Please keep in mind that teams are not allowed, so please do not work with other members to find the eggs. This also goes for posting or sharing hints on or off the forum. This goes against the spirit of the event. If you're found to be working together or cheating in other ways, you may have your egg currency removed, be banned from the remainder of the egg hunt, or be banned from future events. We want this to be a fun and fair event for all!

halloweaster-prizes.png

sImYrov.png
Candy Corn Halloweaster Egg - 3 eggs
CJUt03g.png
Moonlight Halloweaster Egg - 6 eggs
1OwzMb4.png
Zombie Halloweaster Egg - 6 eggs
lDE8EYF.png
Cobweb Halloweaster Egg - 10 eggs
CDEDD0F9-7824-4AD4-846A-59D73267B74A.png
Flick Halloweaster Egg - 15 eggs
easterEggGold.png
Golden Easter Egg - 25 eggs

halloweaster-clues.png

Clue Types:
  • Clue: This is a typical clue that will give you an idea of where you might find the egg around TBT. It will appear somewhere as a link or little egg graphic, which you can click to receive your egg currency. They don't all look the same. While many may be located in forum threads, this is not always the case.
  • Puzzle: Use the clue to work out the code. Once you've worked it out, Click "Eggs" from your sidebar, and enter the code in the "Redeem" box as shown below. Make sure to type it in all caps and with no spaces or symbols in place of "CODEGOESHERE".
eggredeem.png

EggFirst SightingTypeClue
Egg 1Oct 31 4:00 PM EDTClueCarmine party favor spotted in the sky.
Egg 2Oct 31 4:00 PM EDTPuzzleA bell tree prize for tired eyes.
Egg 3Oct 31 4:00 PM EDTClueShown off by a blue, cock a doodle doo.
Egg 4Oct 31 4:00 PM EDTClueTwo blank eyes under two long ears
Now he's back to raise our fears
Why invite him on Halloween?
They'll be wishing for last year's
Egg 5Oct 31 7:00 PM EDTClueDomestic goddess caught red-handed.
Egg 6Oct 31 7:00 PM EDTClueSmall, large, or of the medium space between? Once you've narrowed your decision, the right price will appear before you.
Egg 7Oct 31 7:00 PM EDTClue
New, fresh, and on the tails of activity.
Egg 8Oct 31 7:00 PM EDTClueA grand archipelago under a layer of branches.
Egg 9Oct 31 10:00 PM EDTClueJourney to the puppet palace... if you dare!
Egg 10Oct 31 10:00 PM EDTClueRotten to the root.
Egg 11Oct 31 10:00 PM EDTPuzzleFeeling confident? Bewilderment? Or fearful? Subscribe to this for a better connection!
Egg 12Oct 31 10:00 PM EDTClueFriend and neighbor from the start
Not enough for my cold heart
Too low tier
So disappear
To somewhere else when you depart
Egg 13Nov 1 9:00 AM ESTClueThis clue is kinda sus.
Egg 14Nov 1 9:00 AM ESTClueMasked gentleman enters the fray.
Egg 15Nov 1 9:00 AM ESTClueThematically temporary rather than darkness default, much to the chagrin of many.
Egg 16Nov 1 9:00 AM ESTCluePeople may think I'm creepy, but I swear I have a sweet side as well!
Egg 17Nov 1 12:00 PM ESTClueHer fate is written in the cards.
Egg 18Nov 1 12:00 PM ESTPuzzlePolish me shiny and iron out the kinks; it's the new platform for forum hijinks.
Egg 19Nov 1 12:00 PM ESTClueIt's your largest organ; best to take care of it!
Egg 20Nov 1 12:00 PM ESTClueI helped them get wealthy
But they were disloyal
They locked me away
In darkness I'll spoil
Egg 21Nov 1 3:00 PM ESTClueAn eye for an eye, a stone for a stone.
Egg 22Nov 1 3:00 PM ESTClueA fleeting dream in the back of our minds.
Egg 23Nov 1 3:00 PM ESTClueThe bottom pin on this board will inspire your hunt.
Egg 24Nov 1 3:00 PM ESTPuzzleAmerican eponym for the revived Mauritians.
Egg 25Nov 1 3:00 PM ESTClueUniversal editing runs rampant; randomness becomes a game. Roughly halfway through the walls of paste, we learn of a historic French monument.

halloweaster-answers.png

EggFirst SightingTypeClueAnswerClue Writer# of Found Eggs
Egg 1Oct 31 4:00 PM EDTClueCarmine party favor spotted in the sky.Hidden in the first Red Balloon World Tour announcement thread.Mairmalade150
Egg 2Oct 31 4:00 PM EDTPuzzleA bell tree prize for tired eyes.BLOODSHOTPOTION = this haunting entry in our potion collectible series, topped with a red eyeball topper, was a prize during both the Red Balloon World Tour 2019 and the Trick or Treat event during our Halloween 2020 Event Pt 1.Mairmalade85
Egg 3Oct 31 4:00 PM EDTClueShown off by a blue, cock a doodle doo.Obtained by clicking on an image of Goose the chicken located in Vrisnem's profile (mobile) and signature (desktop).Oblivia194
Egg 4Oct 31 4:00 PM EDTClueTwo blank eyes under two long ears
Now he's back to raise our fears
Why invite him on Halloween?
They'll be wishing for last year's
This poem refers to the Animal Crossing Easter mascot, Zipper T. Bunny, coming back to run this Halloween event. The last line of this poem directs you specifically to last year's (2019) easter egg hunt.Jeremy210
Egg 5Oct 31 7:00 PM EDTClueDomestic goddess caught red-handed.Hidden in the Cooking Mama: Cookstar controversy thread.Vrisnem57
Egg 6Oct 31 7:00 PM EDTClueSmall, large, or of the medium space between? Once you've narrowed your decision, the right price will appear before you.The first part of this clue refers to Saharah's rugs. The second sentence refers how to find this thread: by going to The Airport and selecting "Saharah" and "Entry Fee". This egg was hidden in the only result.pandapples24
Egg 7Oct 31 7:00 PM EDTClue
New, fresh, and on the tails of activity.
Hidden as a new link after clicking "What's new" in the navigation bar. "You found an egg!" would follow the "latest activity" link.Oblivia231
Egg 8Oct 31 7:00 PM EDTClueA grand archipelago under a layer of branches.Hidden in a pinned thread in our Island Journals board.pandapples203
Egg 9Oct 31 10:00 PM EDTClueJourney to the puppet palace... if you dare!Located in our Halloween 2019: Dollhouse of Horrors announcement thread which was posted by The Woods Expedition guide.Mairmalade162
Egg 10Oct 31 10:00 PM EDTClueRotten to the root.This egg could be found in the oldest turnip thread on the Turnip Stalk Market.Vrisnem83
Egg 11Oct 31 10:00 PM EDTPuzzleFeeling confident? Bewilderment? Or fearful? Subscribe to this for a better connection!NOOKLINK = this is the name of the dedicated ACNH service on the Nintendo Switch Online app for both Android and iOS. In early October 2020 the ability to use reactions in-game via NookLink was added to the app.pandapples64
Egg 12Oct 31 10:00 PM EDTClueFriend and neighbor from the start
Not enough for my cold heart
Too low tier
So disappear
To somewhere else when you depart
This poem refers to our New Neighbor Network board. If you clicked the 'Post thread' button a banner would appear at the top of the forum with the words, "You found an egg!"Jeremy38
Egg 13Nov 1 9:00 AM ESTClueThis clue is kinda sus.Hidden in the Anyone Playing Among Us? thread.Justin217
Egg 14Nov 1 9:00 AM ESTClueMasked gentleman enters the fray.Hidden in the Joker in Smash thread.Mairmalade144
Egg 15Nov 1 9:00 AM ESTClueThematically temporary rather than darkness default, much to the chagrin of many.Hidden in the Petition to Make the Woods Theme Default thread.Oblivia185
Egg 16Nov 1 9:00 AM ESTCluePeople may think I'm creepy, but I swear I have a sweet side as well!Hidden in the item description for our Pumpkin Cupcake collectible, which was brought back for the Trick or Treat event for Halloween 2020 Event Pt 1.Laudine53
Egg 17Nov 1 12:00 PM ESTClueHer fate is written in the cards.Hidden in LadyDestani's post in the Tarot thread.Vrisnem108
Egg 18Nov 1 12:00 PM ESTPuzzlePolish me shiny and iron out the kinks; it's the new platform for forum hijinks.XENFORO = the name of the software The Bell Tree runs on. The move from vBulletin to XenForo earlier this year was the reason our Easter egg hunt was postponed from April to October.Oblivia157
Egg 19Nov 1 12:00 PM ESTClueIt's your largest organ; best to take care of it!Hidden in the Your skincare thread.Oblivia194
Egg 20Nov 1 12:00 PM ESTClueI helped them get wealthy
But they were disloyal
They locked me away
In darkness I'll spoil
This poem refers the Official Turnip Prices thread which was used to advertise high turnip prices prior to the creation of our Turnip Stalk Exchange board.Jeremy95
Egg 21Nov 1 3:00 PM ESTClueAn eye for an eye, a stone for a stone.Hidden in the Barter & Trade Materials/Items thread.Mairmalade170
Egg 22Nov 1 3:00 PM ESTClueA fleeting dream in the back of our minds.Found by clicking on the words 'City of Dreams' in the TBT Fair 2020 backdrops announcement in our TBT Direct 8-14-20.pandapples42
Egg 23Nov 1 3:00 PM ESTClueThe bottom pin on this board will inspire your hunt.Found by pressing on the Pinterest button in the 'Share this Page' box. You could find this at the bottom of the page (mobile + desktop) or in the forum sidebar (desktop only).pandapples76
Egg 24Nov 1 3:00 PM ESTPuzzleAmerican eponym for the revived Mauritians.WRIGHT = Orville and Wilbur are Dodos, which lived on Mauritius. Their names are eponyms of the Wright brothers.Jeremy88
Egg 25Nov 1 3:00 PM ESTClueUniversal editing runs rampant; randomness becomes a game. Roughly halfway through the walls of paste, we learn of a historic French monument.Hidden in post #900 of the Wikipedia random button game thread. This post is located approximately halfway through this thread.Oblivia92

Special thanks to everyone who helped put this event together.

Clues
Jeremy
Justin
Oblivia
Laudine
Mairmalade
pandapples
Vrisnem

Collectibles
Art for Flick Halloweaster Egg - dizzy bone
Art for Candy Corn, Cobweb, Zombie Halloweaster Eggs - Laudine
Art for Moonlight Halloweaster Egg - Thunder

Other
Banner graphics - dizzy bone
Animation help - Laudine
Thread intro - Vrisnem
Technical set up - Jeremy, Oblivia

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, so, I need all of these. Oof. Here's hoping I can figure them all out this time, though I never have before. 🙃

Someone needs to find them all though, the czar must not be dethroned.

I solved the first puzzle! My first guess was wrong, but I got it on the second try.
Now to figure out the clues...

So cool! This is interesting. So the eggs are just hiding.. somewhere on the page and you can click on them? This sounds so cool but I have honestly no idea what to look for or where to start! 😂

Edit: I got my first one! This is fun!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back