• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

TBT's Earth Week 2024: Hybrid Flower Breeding & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isnā€™t a serious suggestion or anything but imagine if for one of these events, you could buy seeds and gift them to other users, took a bit longer to sprout but were cheaper :0
That sounds fun. I would love that. What if you didnā€™t know what kind or color seeds you got until they bloomed . The mystery of it would be exciting.

This isnā€™t a serious suggestion or anything but imagine if for one of these events, you could buy seeds and gift them to other users, took a bit longer to sprout but were cheaper :0
Actually love this idea. Gifting friends lovely gifts is always fun and honestly what keeps me here šŸ’œ
Post automatically merged:

Got an Orange Hyacinth! šŸŽ‰ Crazy that not a single Gold Rose spawned! :eek: I guess my question about the Gold Roses is do they replace the Black Roses with the older timestamp or a new timestamp?
Iā€™m guessing gold will have a new time stamp? New hybrids are always before old šŸ’œ

B316E3B9-8F3A-4E3B-9D24-3CA4AAE2CCF5.jpeg

I need it

Hello everyone! A few updates this afternoon on Earth Week...

First of all, the Magic Red Rose now has a subtle sparkle effect to help distinguish it from regular red roses in your line-up when planning hybrid breeding.
rose-red-magic.gif
This effect will only apply during hybrid breeding events for that purpose, otherwise they'll look identical to other red roses.

Next, given how much effort and investment is required to obtain one, we've decided to give the Gold Rose a generous animated sparkle effect to let it shine as deserved!
rose-gold-shiny.gif
Will we see the very first Gold Rose grown tonight to show off these sparkles? Find out in just about 5 hours from now!

Finally, we're nerfing the watering reaction bonus from both types of Watering Cans to 0.075% and 0.15% respectively. Sorry -- I know a nerf is annoying to read, but we honestly overtuned the numbers so much to the point where the feature is nearly invalidated.

For example, 53 people had over 15% worth of watering reactions last night, with one reaching 45%! This means most of the time when you water someone's post, they've already long hit the cap and your contribution was meaningless. Truly, we underestimated all of you. There's no doubt it'll still be very easy to hit the cap now, but we hope everyone's watering will have a little more meaning now.

Keep up the flowering and watering everyone! šŸŽ‰ Thanks Mistreil for getting our flowers a glow-up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back