• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Mafia TBT Newbie Mini Mafia III: Captain Flint's Gold (Game Over/Town Wins)

Haha thank you very much. That's an interesting tactic, how did they decide which active player to lynch? Was it just random?

*checks old mafia thread* They had some reasoning, but for most people, who they chose was definitely random.
Who they voted for actually turned out to be mafia, but that was just coincidence.

*checks old mafia thread* They had some reasoning, but for most people, who they chose was definitely random.
Who they voted for actually turned out to be mafia, but that was just coincidence.
Which mafia game was this?

I lean toward lynching an inactive cause lynching a random active player could lead to the same result, where the lynched person ends up being townie. At least if an inactive is lynched, we get rid of someone who wasn't contributing much anyway. Also, I feel like by lynching a random active player we'd be more likely to lynch a blue role. I don't think blue roles would try hiding in the shadows or just lurking, there's really no reason for them to.

Which mafia game was this?

I lean toward lynching an inactive cause lynching a random active player could lead to the same result, where the lynched person ends up being townie. At least if an inactive is lynched, we get rid of someone who wasn't contributing much anyway. Also, I feel like by lynching a random active player we'd be more likely to lynch a blue role. I don't think blue roles would try hiding in the shadows or just lurking, there's really no reason for them to.

It was the last (II) Newbie Mafia Game. True, I guess lynching inactives just doesn't really engage discussion.

lol I fixed your post. Anyway, I actually think it's going to be pointless to lynch an inactive, since it's almost certain they're town. I think we should employ a tactic used in the last mafia game which got everyone talking much quicker, by simply voting for active players and seeing how we can divide everyone into opinions.

- - - Post Merge - - -

just using a placeholder vote on gnoixaim for now, not sure where this we'll lead, but it'll be fun to see.

this is what happens on another forum's mafia that i only read and do not participate
in the latest game i have been observing, scum was lynched day 1, day 2, and day 3

this method can be very effective if we can get people talking, as scum almost always has pretty obvious tells

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't think blue roles would try hiding in the shadows or just lurking, there's really no reason for them to.

...so they do not get killed by mafia?
mafia tends to like to kill off strong players

So if we're lynching an inactive it's gonna be honeyprince right since they have the least amount of posts

...so they do not get killed by mafia?
mafia tends to like to kill off strong players
Well, yeah, but if they're being inactive then they make seemingly good lynch candidates and that'll just get them killed anyway. It doesn't matter who kills them, it's detrimental to town regardless.

Well, yeah, but if they're being inactive then they make seemingly good lynch candidates and that'll just get them killed anyway. It doesn't matter who kills them, it's detrimental to town regardless.

hiding in the shadows =/= inactive

not exactly the same thing. hiding in the shadows implies that they are keeping their head down and not drawing attention to themselves.

I will vote as placeholder if no one is suspicious I can't go wake up early just to vote .

There's still some time left though so maybe they'll post more??
I'm curious as to why your place holder vote was gnoixaim was it just random?

I'm still a little sus about the whole thing with LittleBeary, or Bearypopsicle something

hiding in the shadows =/= inactive

not exactly the same thing. hiding in the shadows implies that they are keeping their head down and not drawing attention to themselves.
By hiding in the shadows I meant like, not posting anything and just lurking. Sorry if I used the wrong term. If they're doing that, how are we supposed to tell if they're hiding or being inactive? If they're not posting, aren't we to assume they're being inactive?

By hiding in the shadows I meant like, not posting anything and just lurking. Sorry if I used the wrong term. If they're doing that, how are we supposed to tell if they're hiding or being inactive? If they're not posting, aren't we to assume they're being inactive?

if they are inactive, then they are still useless and help nothing
i was just correcting you on wording since that is kind of important here, and you would be better off wording your comments in a way that is less likely to be misunderstood

if they are inactive, then they are still useless and help nothing
i was just correcting you on wording since that is kind of important here, and you would be better off wording your comments in a way that is less likely to be misunderstood
Right. I was just saying I think a blue role would be less likely to do this, as they wouldn't wanna get lynched.

Sorry for any misunderstandings.

The reason why we lynch inactive players because it's a threat and they don't actually contribute in the game or post in thread. If they won't be lynched then what if the inactive player is actually a scum so thats the reason why inactive players is a threat.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or we have no options so we vote an inactive instead of random lynch

That doesn't really explain why??
or am i just misunderstanding this hah

duuuuuuude, ugh now you're making me go back and review some stuff. It was just really a hunch on the fact that they called out some people simply for being inactive/whatever other stuff, but it seemed a little sus that they were doing so early in the game, drawing attention away from themselves.

So if we're lynching an inactive it's gonna be honeyprince right since they have the least amount of posts
At this point I think BerryPop would be a better lynch candidate cause they've been active elsewhere on the forums and on Portal mafia. They seem just a bit more involved in that game and I've seen them lurking in this thread without really contributing, whereas honeyprince is just inactive, I don't think they've been posting anywhere else on the forum. I lean toward BerryPop cause they seem to be hiding in the shadows.

Again, I'd definitely like to hear more from both of them before making any decisions, this is just where I'm at for the timebeing.

Back