• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Mafia TBT Mini Mafia [Game Over/Town Win]

Hey where has #oathformostactive been so far? His most insightful post so far has been this:

Well, if I'd have to make any guesses as to people's roles, I'd say BlueSkittleWolf is something important, judging by how he/she was worried about sleeping in past the timer.

I wouldn't be surprised if VD was mafia. If you remember from IRC Mafia, the person who usually tried to get things in motion and rush things along would be mafia.

Yeah, there's my first and so far only suspicion.
First part reads to me as a heavy implication that she is a blue, which we all now know to be false. He purposefully avoids mentioning that she could be Mafia, instead opting to just to say she is something important.

And some random comment about VD based on IRC Mafia meta, which is a different ball game altogether.

Hey where has #oathformostactive been so far? His most insightful post so far has been this:

First part reads to me as a heavy implication that she is a blue, which we all now know to be false. He purposefully avoids mentioning that she could be Mafia, instead opting to just to say she is something important.

And some random comment about VD based on IRC Mafia meta, which is a different ball game altogether.

Actually, I was just making a list of the players left in the mafia using notes, and would put in parentheses wether I was suspicious of them or not. Oath2Order is one under suspicion. Based on what I gathered from the past mafias, Oath2Order made long, insightful posts when he was a blue or green role, but in the third mafia when he was red, he didn't post as much. It may just be coincidence he's not posting as much this game, or maybe not?

Also, I thought it was kind of odd how he came out of the blue bandwagoning on BBG:
**** it, I'm going with BBG. The switch in strategy makes sense. I certainly know the feeling.

And compared to the other people up for lynch, he looks the most likely as mafia.

Woohoo! Two Mafia down in one Night. Sorry you had to die so early, beary.

Anyone spot it? I'll make it easier

Woohoo! Two Mafia down in one Night. Sorry you had to die so early, beary.

Never, in Game 3, did she ever apologise after a Day post in which innocents died. Sure, she expressed sadness and disappointment, but never was there a 'sorry' or anything like that. Pretty certain this is a slipup, because SHE killed beary.

VD was trying to rush things. People who try to rush things tend to be scum.

I've been rolecheckrd as town.

Come on oath. You were rolechecked? By whom? You can PM me, I've already come out as vig with a confirmed kill.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Call this suicide but the person I'm PMing used some bad wording when informing me of this so I haven't been rolechecked yet.

Oh I see. I'd still like to know who this person is, so I can avoid them.

There shouldn't be 2 detectives with 12 people. At least half of the Town's population is Townies, which is around 7. With 5 Blues left and 2 Vigs confirmed, there should be 1 medic, 1 detective, and 1 bartender. This should be correct with SP's medic save, and the Bartender should be in or the new role would be useless.

Anyway, Oath seems a little fishier than Kippla, as Kippla is just a hyperactive go-with-the-flow person. The fact that Oath didn't say that BSW was Mafia directly is strange.

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP: Nvm, Oath said he wasn't role checked.

Voting thread. Check it

Oh, I know that, but FireNinja messed up so I took it that's the reason they had to choose someone to vote. Regardless of that, s/he (I should have put that first, I'm not entirely sure of ITYW's gender. lol) did state they had suspicions of BBG

I remember something, Blueleaf said that him and BBG are brothers in real life via Obs Chat Mafia (3). And they both coop each other.

What if they are both Town then probably they are trying to investigate about Kippla and thinking he is a mafia because of how he acts or something or maybe its BBG's idea to lynch/kill Kippla first yeah we all know Kippla is annoying but there are some noobs who are more annoying than him/her like Dolby (Sorry don't get offended)

So what if they are both mafia is this the reason why they want to put Kippla down because how talkative kippla is? Well majority of his/her post are in pre-game (Like SP said) so no problem with that. As I said he/she may post a lot as long as he contributes the game and coop with us the town group and not distracting the game.

Proof (If you guys are dead in Mafia III):
Go to TBT Mafia III Obs Chat that Tom gave you click all message then CTRL + F then type He's my brother irl

Kippla always posts a good amount of posts, since there are fewer people for her to question and reply to, her post count is set to be low for this game.

Kippla wasn't in Game 1, Game 2 she was lynched on Day 1, and her role in Mafia III is still unconfirmed btw :)

Farobi(mafia) was also subtlety defending Kippla here. This combined with what Karla said and with Kippla's restating of what other people have said earlier on in the game has driven me to cast my vote in for Kippla.

We'll, if Oath2Order is a townie than that could explain why he hasn't been that active. It could be that the townie role is boring, so he isn't motivated to post.

Prior to posting this, I hadn't seen that Farobi had subtly defended Kippla, so I looked through the pages and found them. The fact that a mafia defended her raises huge red flags in my eyes~

We'll, if Oath2Order is a townie than that could explain why he hasn't been that active. It could be that the townie role is boring, so he isn't motivated to post.

Prior to posting this, I hadn't seen that Farobi had subtly defended Kippla, so I looked through the pages and found them. The fact that a mafia defended her raises huge red flags in my eyes~

Umm, it could be New Years. I'm not them or anything, but they could be celebrating right now. I'll wait until Kippla says something before casting my vote. I'm kind of stuck between who to vote for. I'll make a decision when I hear both sides.

I am voting Kippla.

I got in touch with Kippla during day 1 after reading this post from her (directed at BellBringerGreen: confirmed innocent by death):

I found no reason to reply. You lied to me in Mafia III, why should I reply to you now with the questions on you? That's a different game under an entirely different matter; what I said then does not apply now.

You weren't asking me to discuss with you, you were only telling me something.

This was vague, so I privately asked her if BBG had contacted her again this game, and she confirmed this and told me that they had discussed BBG's suspicions against SP: confirmed vigilante (since using his shot). Now, SP role-claimed to me before the game even started. I was suspicious of him, naturally: why did he choose to trust me? I relayed this to Kippla, and she gave me this incredibly suspicious response:

Kippla said:
What did he roleclaim as? That's really suspicious. I mean, roleclaiming right away then asking for someone's role? Even I'm not stupid enough to do that.

You trust me? That's a surprise. May I ask who else you PMed?

Sorry if I sound fishy, I just want to get the whole picture here.

I'd like to point out my take on this message:

1. What did he roleclaim as?
I told two other people the reverse of this: that the vigilante had role-claimed to me. Neither of them asked for more information: they would ask me if I trusted them and why I think they role-claimed to me. Kippla is the only person who tried to get more information from me. Naturally, I did not tell her he role-claimed to me as vigilante - but even so, I think this is why Superpenguin was targeted night one. It was my fault for being careless. If Kippla's mafia, then the conclusion she would have come to is that he role-claimed to me because he was blue. She would have already known that he wasn't a mafia member trying to trick me.

2. You trust me? That's a surprise.
It's not the "you trust me?" that got me - it was the "that's a surprise". It's as if she expected me not to trust her.

3. Sorry if I sound fishy
This confirms she knows she was acting odd. If she thought that made her sound suspicious she should have reworded her question - or not asked me at all.

Based on evidence brought up by Karla and Superpenguin, as well as my own discussion with Kippla, I believe she is mafia.

I am voting Kippla.

I got in touch with Kippla during day 1 after reading this post from her (directed at BellBringerGreen: confirmed innocent by death):

This was vague, so I privately asked her if BBG had contacted her again this game, and she confirmed this and told me that they had discussed BBG's suspicions against SP: confirmed vigilante (since using his shot). Now, SP role-claimed to me before the game even started. I was suspicious of him, naturally: why did he choose to trust me? I relayed this to Kippla, and she gave me this incredibly suspicious response:

I'd like to point out my take on this message:

1. What did he roleclaim as?
I told two other people the reverse of this: that the vigilante had role-claimed to me. Neither of them asked for more information: they would ask me if I trusted them and why I think they role-claimed to me. Kippla is the only person who tried to get more information from me. Naturally, I did not tell her he role-claimed to me as vigilante - but even so, I think this is why Superpenguin was targeted night one. It was my fault for being careless. If Kippla's mafia, then the conclusion she would have come to is that he role-claimed to me because he was blue. She would have already known that he wasn't a mafia member trying to trick me.

2. You trust me? That's a surprise.
It's not the "you trust me?" that got me - it was the "that's a surprise". It's as if she expected me not to trust her.

3. Sorry if I sound fishy
This confirms she knows she was acting odd. If she thought that made her sound suspicious she should have reworded her question - or not asked me at all.

Based on evidence brought up by Karla and Superpenguin, as well as my own discussion with Kippla, I believe she is mafia.

This is all more solid evidence. I was one of the people Tina referenced in point 1: When Tina first told me that the vig had already claimed to her, I was pretty surprised and suspicious. But, as a true pro-town player would, I didn't ask for their identity. I knew it wasn't information I deserved to know. The hit on Superpenguin also makes a lot more sense now.

Points 2 and 3 are classic Mafia psychological traits that I've spoken about before. Apologetic. Meek. Trying to brush off suspicion on oneself, before anyone's given any indication that you're suspected.

Lynch Kippla.

Well, I'll go ahead and put my vote for Kippla. The evidence is already pretty strong without a defense.

Back