• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

I just feel like that is to much of a perfect scum move that Ryan claimed to do, I'm going to vote for him because he and Cariad Are the people I find most suspicious, and this is the last chance for me to vote on day three (except for one hour in the morning tomorrow).

Something I would like to point out, if Dolby was truly shot last night, that our vig is not Cariad. So it's entirely possible we might end up lynching them by accident.

Good morning.

Wait, Dolby was shot?

I have to be honest - To me, this looks like it could be a slip. Cariad seems very surprised that Dolby got shot, despite it being discussed in the thread at length, obviously due to just skimming through the thread. And her surprise could certainly stem from the fact that she knew who her scum team went for. Since Dolby got shot by a Vig, she was puzzled at first, because she knew they sent in their kill for Dad. (Assuming they only have 1 KP but that seems the most likely!)

And I find Dolby's claim of having gotten shot by a Vig quite believable. After all the discussion regarding the thieves and whatnot yesterday I just don't think the Vig would keep holding their shot(s) for another night. The fact that they have not claimed in the thread probably means that they still have a bullet left, or maybe that they are a Jack of all Trades and still have other powers remaining.

As for Tom, there's still something about your playstyle this game that makes me think that you might be the mastermind behind the Mafia operation. When you were a Jailor in the XCOM Mafia - And you only got to jail once, so for most of the game you were just a glorified townie - You managed to call out the Mafia team with deadly accuracy in your last will. I think only one single name on there was wrong. This game, your focus right now seems to be killing a strong player. I can see the benefit in that, if we get it right, but it's a HUGE gamble. If we get it wrong, then what? Game over? And yes, it did bother me that you kept bringing the Kallie thing up too. I still think it's unwise for me to reveal every detail about that until absolutely necessary, though I fear Mafia might've figured it out. Bleh.

Trundle's post about Jeremy and Alise possibly being connected somehow is very good. I overlooked that and I am glad it was brought to my attention. Personally I find Alise to be more suspicious out of the two, but they definitely haven't spoken much about one another, and the Oath quotes you dug up certainly makes them both look even more scummy in my eyes.

I'm not ready to vote just yet. We cannot afford to make any mistakes today. I really hope that we get plenty of discussion going today, and that as many people as possible share as many of their opinions as possible on everything we discuss. That will allow us to get better reads on everyone, and will leave less shadows for scum to hide in.

Good morning.

I have to be honest - To me, this looks like it could be a slip. Cariad seems very surprised that Dolby got shot, despite it being discussed in the thread at length, obviously due to just skimming through the thread. And her surprise could certainly stem from the fact that she knew who her scum team went for. Since Dolby got shot by a Vig, she was puzzled at first, because she knew they sent in their kill for Dad. (Assuming they only have 1 KP but that seems the most likely!)

No, I'm not slipping. I was asking that question for like the whole topic because I didn't know if I'd missed something. Also, when I asked I thought he was a vig not a vet for some reason.

Dolby claimed Veteran, after getting supposedly shot by our Vig.

I highly doubt Dolby is vet. We really have no way to confirm it or unconfirm it, however. His reason for role claiming sounds like a convenient excuse too. I'm not biting.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why not Jello? Both Karen and Jello stick out to me as not contributing very much to town's overall goal. Karen claims she is, but her posts are simple observations.

alise isn't active, so I have no "scumreads" on her, but we can't let inactives slip by. I'm curious to know how everyone else wants to deal with her.

Fourthly, Alice seemed overly anti-Dad. Then when he died, she kind of just brushed it off. I'd be interested to hear more from Alice or what everyone else thinks about how's she's playing this game.

Overly? that feels like an exaggeration. I disagreed with him on certain points, and he was proven wrong at different turns. It's not like I tried to push for his lynch or over-scrutinized him.

Well anyway, yeah tom, as long as you weren't being mean FYI still ill.

But anyway I've already stated who I have suspicions on and I personally think Jeremy is town aligned, just because he and I'm taking his words now "doesn't want to kill 3rd party that is of no harm to town" this I find true. What is the point killing 3rd party roles that isn't harming town and we know who they are when there's mafia roles out there we are yet to find. I don't see why this makes him scummy what so ever.

Unless Alise has claimed otherwise I will be voting her today for reasons I have stated

- - - Post Merge - - -

Still, why the hell did ryan block Cariad? Will ryan ever explain his moves?

I don't think Ryan knows what he's doing, he's probably just picking random names right now.

Going with my gut and going with who I think is the scum. Alise has barely made an effort this game and when she has it has been blatantly obvious things.

As for Tom, there's still something about your playstyle this game that makes me think that you might be the mastermind behind the Mafia operation. When you were a Jailor in the XCOM Mafia - And you only got to jail once, so for most of the game you were just a glorified townie - You managed to call out the Mafia team with deadly accuracy in your last will. I think only one single name on there was wrong. This game, your focus right now seems to be killing a strong player. I can see the benefit in that, if we get it right, but it's a HUGE gamble. If we get it wrong, then what? Game over? And yes, it did bother me that you kept bringing the Kallie thing up too. I still think it's unwise for me to reveal every detail about that until absolutely necessary, though I fear Mafia might've figured it out. Bleh.

Even as Mafia I try and point fingers at others, including my own scummates in hopes it'll have them viewed as cleared later on in the game. This game I've only admittedly pointed fingers at Crystal and Minties, while voicing some concerns over a few other players. To be honest, my will that game was everchanging and some of the information in it came to me from other players, people who I was able to bounce ideas off of. This game we can't really afford that luxury, so my playstyle has been lacking. There's no one I can talk to to bounce ideas off of in a mostly rapid fire form, so I'm left with only myself. Someone full of doubt over whether or not I can convince others to lynch X for Y. Of course my focus is on killing a strong players and praying they flip red, because the last few games town ran around in circles lynching inactives and people meeting the bare minimum contributions. Town is unwilling to take chances, which is why I continue to push for the death of a strong player. Minties unfortunately fit the bill, though she's not the only one I'd like to push and irritate the hell out of before end of today. And if we get it wrong, there's still posts left behind from them and the other dead that we can hopefully use to our advantage. Personally I think Alise is too easy of a target, even if they do flip scum. The case on Jeremy from Minties overall is agreeable, however something came to mind and I'm hesitant on voting Jeremy.

Sadly I'll probably be placeholder voting today, as instead of spending the final few hours discussing I think I'll be assisting a friend clean out their flooded basement. I'll check in when I can on mobile, but I wouldn't expect much from me in the next few hours.

Going with my gut and going with who I think is the scum. Alise has barely made an effort this game and when she has it has been blatantly obvious things.

Like I said earlier, I don't think she's necessarily "acting scummy" but that's because I don't know how she's acting because she's barely playing the game. Simply defending why you haven't posted isn't playing the game. She is posting a little bit, but one theory I have is that her scum team is telling her to. I'd rather lynch Karen today, but I'm fine with lynching alise especially because I need to direct the plurality away from one lynch that I know[/I ] is wrong (me).

As for Karen, I think discovering her role could lead us to find other scum. There are certainly some unexplained connections between her and other players. Can everyone explain why you think alise or other players up for lynch should be lynched before Karen? I'll change my vote to her if there's support for it, but I'd rather not be the lone vote and give even more fodder to the fictional posts made about me.

No, I HAVE been making an effort. Stop writing it off as barely making an effort. Atleast I'm trying to help.

Well anyway, yeah tom, as long as you weren't being mean FYI still ill.

But anyway I've already stated who I have suspicions on and I personally think Jeremy is town aligned, just because he and I'm taking his words now "doesn't want to kill 3rd party that is of no harm to town" this I find true. What is the point killing 3rd party roles that isn't harming town and we know who they are when there's mafia roles out there we are yet to find. I don't see why this makes him scummy what so ever.

Unless Alise has claimed otherwise I will be voting her today for reasons I have stated.

Okay then, I'll claim.

I'm Aiden the First Mate (Townie). {i didn't really want to claim but whatever}

Like I said, simply defending that "you have made an effort" isn't making an effort itself.

Even as Mafia I try and point fingers at others, including my own scummates in hopes it'll have them viewed as cleared later on in the game. This game I've only admittedly pointed fingers at Crystal and Minties, while voicing some concerns over a few other players. To be honest, my will that game was everchanging and some of the information in it came to me from other players, people who I was able to bounce ideas off of. This game we can't really afford that luxury, so my playstyle has been lacking. There's no one I can talk to to bounce ideas off of in a mostly rapid fire form, so I'm left with only myself. Someone full of doubt over whether or not I can convince others to lynch X for Y. Of course my focus is on killing a strong players and praying they flip red, because the last few games town ran around in circles lynching inactives and people meeting the bare minimum contributions. Town is unwilling to take chances, which is why I continue to push for the death of a strong player. Minties unfortunately fit the bill, though she's not the only one I'd like to push and irritate the hell out of before end of today. And if we get it wrong, there's still posts left behind from them and the other dead that we can hopefully use to our advantage. Personally I think Alise is too easy of a target, even if they do flip scum. The case on Jeremy from Minties overall is agreeable, however something came to mind and I'm hesitant on voting Jeremy.

Sadly I'll probably be placeholder voting today, as instead of spending the final few hours discussing I think I'll be assisting a friend clean out their flooded basement. I'll check in when I can on mobile, but I wouldn't expect much from me in the next few hours.

What is your opinion on Karen? I can see some connections between her and Minties.

No, I HAVE been making an effort. Stop writing it off as barely making an effort. Atleast I'm trying to help.

Okay then, I'll claim.

Little bit wary of that then, if the few names that have been from the dead have in fact matched up with previous roles from MM2, Aiden should be the Godfather type role. But then again if we went off that logic, Yui would have been lynched by now.

Okay then, I'll claim.

This is funny because more than one person brought up that they thought you were Godfather.

Okay then, I'll claim.

Honestly claiming isn't enough, that could be a false claim for when you're inspected as godfather.

Back