• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

@Alice: This is a very small game for a main mafia though, verging on the edge of being mini. Doubt a second DT. If there is one they should probably out tomorrow since they'll have three inspection results, given they hadn't been roleblocked.

Not when you're a team of three working together.

You are NOT a team. Your win condition is to gather more treasure than the other thieves. Killing off one of your competitors would help you get one step closer to your win condition. Either way, I'm starting to see the negative of this idea; I just can't see this being an elaborate lie on the part of the three of you and would take my chances with you if we have somebody who deserves to be shot more. Who do I think deserves it the most? Dolby or alise. Dolby for the reasons stated previously by other people and then myself. Also because he seems to be growing more and more avoidant as the game goes on, especially since yesterday's votes and Karla's and I's post on him. And alise?

Well alise's big post is just one big fluff post:

Town {?}

Theory on the 3rd parties: Is it possible that they may be scum? All of them, and it's just a setup? I really really doubt this, however.
Cory
3rd party, I believe all the thief claims.

Natty

Trundle

Ryan
I also believe his roleblocker claim, however, it's a little weird mafia didn't go for him. If he doesn't die I'm going to grow suspicions, and if there WAS a mafia roleblocker, I don't think they would counterclaim, as we would mislynch the other, and just lynch the other after. Unless, they can claim there are 2 roleblockers, but for now, I'll believe his claim. It could be WIFOM, though. {Mafia makes Ryan claim town rber, we think "oh he couldn't do this as scum" and it was mafia's plan all along.} Although, I am probably overthinking this.
Minties
Ah, Minties, I love reading your posts. Though, all players that act extremely pro-town make me paranoid. {sataric, dad, etc.} I'm inclined to believe she is town for now. Looking back on Sunleth, she tends to be more, huh, aggressive?

She tends to go after easier lynches, like that one post I said about her going after easy lynches.
I didn't read this part: "I personally believe at LEAST 1 mafia member lies on this list due to there being 5"
We can cross 2 off of her list, by the way. If Cariad is truly a blue.
Alice
A quiet player, that's for sure. She tends to be more vocal and alert as scum. I think shes town, for now.

I think she's town, to be honest. She's vocal and more alert as scum. Her playstyle reminds me of MM mafia, when she was town. I don't have much to say about her, plus I'm terrible at analyzing so, uh, yeah.

im a huge ****ing procrastinator so um i need to finish this. this isnt alot but i didnt want to keep you guys waiting

First of all, I thought your computer was broken so how are you making a post as big as this? Unless you've got a really nice gadget that's easy to make a long post with (holla at me and tell me what it is if this is true). Second of all, you're just repeating what everyone is assuming or at least testing for: that the thieves are really the thieves. And then you just point out some of the things that many other people have about how pro-town Minties is being and that she has made (I agree) some of the best posts in this game. Your point on Alice is a little fresher and tbh I agree with some parts of it and I myself am feeling just a little less inclined to suspect her as scum, but all in all I believe the effortful post you've got here is somewhat contrived. I could be wrong, because you tried really hard to make a good post in one of the unofficials and turned out to be town, but that doesn't automatically mean this is the same case. Second on my suspect list of most scummy.

But first? Dolby tbh. Got a bad feeling still, and think he should be shot/lynched. I don't think we'll make the same mistake here as we did in MM redux with him.

>claims

- - - Post Merge - - -

Which is what they are. I'm still not inclined to think they're a team, that just seems like an odd way to set up the third party mini-game.

You are NOT a team. Your win condition is to gather more treasure than the other thieves. Killing off one of your competitors would help you get one step closer to your win condition. Either way, I'm starting to see the negative of this idea; I just can't see this being an elaborate lie on the part of the three of you and would take my chances with you if we have somebody who deserves to be shot more. Who do I think deserves it the most? Dolby or alise. Dolby for the reasons stated previously by other people and then myself. Also because he seems to be growing more and more avoidant as the game goes on, especially since yesterday's votes and Karla's and I's post on him. And alise?

Dude you need to catch up

Yes mine did as well

Another thing, all three of us have been lying to you all, since Superpenguin did the competition between certain players last game, Tina have made the three thieves, Me, Natty and Trundle work together to obtain seven diamonds instead of competing to get the most diamonds. We thought that lying and saying that we were competing would make people believe our claims more since it happened last game. But Satartic brought up good points and I can't hide the fact that the three thieves are working together. We did not lie about our rolenames and abilities. If you still don't believe us. Then shoot me as I am the weakest out of the three and I am sure Natty and Trundle would help you guys out more than I would.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And the reason I randomly claimed was because if I didn't claim you guys were gonna think that natty was a serial killer.

Spootlight: Diet Mentos Coke

Against my better judgement, I figure I should probably try to actually get something thrown together, maybe someone can take my thoughts on Minties and refine it into a more eloquent ideal. And hey maybe if I make enough of these I'll get killed by mafia. Win win maybe!

Checking in as I'm at work. Can't wait to see how Karla and Trundle play again. (Inb4 Trundle auto vlears Ashtot because "WE'RE BROTHERS") Be home in 5 hours :lemon:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Clears

Containing my rage, barely.

Hi guys, sorry for being seemingly inactive, been packing (moving yay) and I work full time. I'm not usually this busy. BUT I AM HERE NOW!

My thoughts on players thus far in order of player list:

oath2order - Reading through his posts, mostly random one-liners and common thoughts/statements. Focused on Sataric heavily for mentioning a possible suggestion to missing KP. Oath doesn't seem to be trying like he usually does in other games, posting, but not drawing any attention to himself.

Cory - In the same boat as Oath, although slightly less mindless posting. I've come to known Cory as the nub of mafia, so it's weird to see him being quiet. Usually he spams quite a bit and has an opinion on everything.

ryan88 - Said they think Karla is scum. The fact that Ryan isn't posting makes me raise my eyebrow. He has always flooded games with one sentence/one word replies and has ALWAYS claimed early as town. I don't want to chalk his lack of posting as him learning and write him off. I feel like we need to keep him in the back of our minds. Also his first post kind of rubbed me the wrong way:

Why draw attention to the fact that you're not claiming? idk, seemed unnecessary to me. Again, feel like we need to watch him.

Superpenguin - Honestly I feel like SP has come off as town to me. I don't have any current suspicions on him.

Alice - Notoriously quiet in mafia games to the point of getting modkilled, but I at least expected something from Alice. Alice's only post:

Dolby - Ah my favourite silent guy. Dolby is doing what he does best - not post. He jumped pretty quickly on the Oath train after Dad mentioned it. I would like to see if blues end up dying before I cast suspicion as Dolby tends to be quite good at sniffing out people with blue roles.

Dad - I always enjoy playing with Dad. He tends to be more obvious as mafia and comes off as town to me currently. The tone of his posts are consistent with how he plays as town. I have no current suspicions on him.

Karen - Wants to lynch Ryan or an inactive. Hasn't posted much and since I haven't played with Karen in a long time, I'm having a hard time reading her.

JellofishXD - Is in my timezone and I think is of school age, so has ample time to post in the thread. Jello didn't want to provide anything on anyone because they were afraid of looking sus? I would argue that not even trying looks more sus to me. Pointed out Crystal for her pushing for inactives. Jello's only substantial post below:

KarlaKGB - Karla isn't playing like he always has, which could be attributed to either the new fluffy rules or him taking a break. I feel like he's significantly less aggressive with accusations and not bringing much to the table. I remember him getting quite angry at players that posted silly things and derailed the thread. His new... passive? approach has me sort of scratching my head.

Sataric - The master of fluffy posts. It's tough to wade through the amount of writing Sataric does and I can't really ever get a read on him. I personally don't think considering other 3rd parties after seeing that the town win con says all anti-town killing roles really comes off as that strange.

Ashtot - I'm having trouble reading Ashtot as well. He has died so early in any recent games with him that I can't remember his playstyle. I just hope he doesn't start trolling. No current suspicions on him.

Tom - Didn't encourage talking N0, which is a good and bad thing. Good because people wouldn't hint at their roles, but bad because we could possibly have gotten a slip up. Tom plays completely neutral as town and as mafia. Would like to keep an eye on Tom (like every game I play with him).

Trundle - Trundle sucks as scum, plain and simple. He was painfully obvious in all previous games where he was scum. Has easily contributed the most out of all players. I believe Trundle is town.

C r y s t a l - All for lynching inactives when it is usually proven that all that does is kill townies. Harping on killing inactives for a lot of the game. Makes me suspicious that Crystal is steering towards VERY easy lynches instead of actually doing anything.

Cariad - Suspicious of Sataric and hasn't posted much. Don't have much to go on for her at the moment.

Yui-Z - Yui hasn't been talkative as she has been busy, so I can't get a read on her.

alise - Where are you? Alise hasn't said anything that has contributed so far. Was being silly on N0 and hasn't done much else. Wanting her to post more.

Lauren - It strikes me as odd that Lauren is also playing passively like Karla. She has always been aggressive at calling out anything that seems sus with people. Something about her current playstyle doesn't sit right with me.

Jeremy - Agreed with Oath's posts on Sataric. Jeremy, although typically inactive, he seems to post WAY more when town aligned or at least tries to bring up thoughts. The fact that he is slipping back into posting ~once per day/night cycle makes me nervous. I feel like Jeremy definitely needs to be watched.

Natty - Kind of passively point out Karla, but back off in the post to not draw attention? Has posted bland statements and appears to be contributing while trying to stay out of the spotlight. Not 100% certain on Natty as of right now.

After work thoughts with Minties~

Well survivor would be one. I mean it's not "anti-town", but it's still 3rd party. SP had one in his most recent game with the same town win con.

Trust me, it happens when you first come back. Everyone gave me crap for not posting big walls, it's just something you gotta deal with.

I meant bland as in you're staying neutral. You are posting, but it's basically full of nothing. It's like enough for us to remember you posted, but not enough to ruffle any feathers. You're not bringing anything up, but complaining about inactives. It boggles my mind. I remember you trying significantly more in games.

People were not URGING you to roleclaim. Dad mentioned if you were a DT that had inspected Karla to tell us. You essentially just made your role pretty useless because now you just put a giant target on your forehead for mafia to shoot. I have never really heard of an entire faction's kills being blocked by a roleblocker. That seems WAY too overpowered in town's favour? Although it's a closed set up and Tina could have made crazy roles.

I think that the role names are mostly people from the IRC's real names. People in the IRC wouldn't really know them, but that's how I figured Tina did it. (Fel was Kayla etc)

Time for bed, will check back in the AM to see how discussion has gone.

Nearly forgot to reply to Ashtot's post:

alise frustrates me because she doesn't really try in forum mafia. She usually claims that she forgets to post. It becomes seriously problematic because we always have to worry if she's scum or town and I hate it.

My replies in bold.

- - - Post Merge - - -

**** no post merge.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also the big about alise was supposed to be in the quote. God I need sleep.

- - - Post Merge - - -

bit*

@Dad

I've been attempting to respond to anyone that was willing to respond to me because I was trying to create some Day One discussion. I have been reading the thread, but I do work 8 hours a day Mon - Fri and pack when I get home (the day/night ends at 8am my time, so I miss participating in the bulk of discussion and wake up to ~15 pages). I'm honestly not try to stand in the shadows and condense everything in one BIG post due to time constraints. I obviously don't want to publicly claim because I've been dying N1 all the time now. If a DT would like to inspect me, that would be perfectly fine.

Now onto business in case I die.

I personally believe at LEAST 1 mafia member lies on this list due to there being 5:

Cariad

Now Cariad (aka MissNoodle aka MissNiamh) doesn't sit right with me. I've played with her in many games so far.

She was a blue in XCOM mafia and her posts were more coherent and well thought out (although she only posted twice). Just the overall tone of them comes off differently from her playstyle this game:

It could just be me being nitpicky, but I noticed a difference in Cariad's typing from looking at her past games. She seems to be less careful as townie and mafia. In most of her townie games, the bulk of her posts consisted of talking about timezones and being inactive. Some of Cariad's posts that stuck out to me in this game:

We prodded and prodded for people to post suspicions and all Cariad came up with was the same thing regurgitated about Sataric that like 5 others said before her. To me it seems like backpacking on other player's suspicion so you LOOK like you're doing something when you're not, which is what she has done pretty much all game.

Again, we know that Dad is heavily into reaction testing. He has done it in every single game he has played, which is why I'm surprised at how she automatically attempted to get us to infer that he was scum. This is pretty much the kind of thing he was testing for. :rolleyes:

Cariad jumps on SP after everyone has, repeating what they have all said as her reasons. SP is known for doing stupid stuff in games and lynching Yui because of a name was definitely one of them. I just find it interesting how easily Cariad has trailed after the suspicions of other people and basically said "OH YES THIS I AGREE ME TOO". I've put the random one-liners in a spoiler if anyone is interested, I don't have much to say about them other than how vastly the sentence structure and grammar contrasts with her blue posts above.

JellofishXD

I feel the same way about Jellofish that I do about Cariad. We have been on Jello's case for posting a lot, so they've had to actually try. Usually they sit in the shadows and barely skirt by getting modkilled.

Jellofish repeats everyone else's suspicion on Crystal, but does it in a wishy washy you're-scummy-but-you're-not-because-I-don't-want-attention way. Pointing out that they're worried about drawing suspicion for bandwagoning is also weird. I usually just post my thoughts on people, if they've already been said or not. Everyone analyzes posts differently, so my thoughts could sound different then say Dad's thoughts.

Cites Crystal getting mad as a reason why she's suspicious, then quickly rebuts Crystal getting mad in the next post? Jellofish only posted Crystal as sus as a retaliation for being called inactive with Ryan. Jello hasn't contributed an original thought to the game so far, which is why I feel like I can't trust them.

C r y s t a l

Crystal has actually been posting, which contrasts with the two above. A lot of her posts have been responding to or asking questions and repeating people (does everyone see a pattern here? Scum hide in common opinions.)

While I agree that there should have not been a no lynch, why did Crystal jump straight away on these two? We have found that lynching the "easy lynches" straight out of the gate has only got us dead townies. I don't agree that Ryan88 should be a default lynch anymore. Yes he is terrible and roleclaims day one, but he is usually almost always town and provides a truthful roleclaim.

Again with Ryan88.

Backpacking on Oath's suspicion on Alise without providing any real reasoning why. Still going for easy targets.

Cory has been stepping up his game significantly this game (I noticed that when I read back through his posts). He started out quite strong and although he sort of deteriorated at night started, I get town reads from him. The fact that Crystal defended lynching SP, yet finds Cory suspicious for voting for him makes me raise my eyebrow. Crystal didn't vote for SP, why? Because she knew he was town and she could get called out for bandwagoning?

This is all I have atm. Night ends incredibly soon, but I wanted to get that out before then.

I figured this would come up and note that I said at least 1 lies on that list. There would be 4 remaining scum members in this case. I personally don't see you trying to make a case at all, so be my guest and do something then. After the night ends, I'll be rereading the thread and seeing what else I can gather. Tina would not put all noobs on a mafia team, but it is significantly harder to find the slip ups in strong player's posts. Don't be a hypocrite now, Elise. :rolleyes:

Quoting this as everyone has seemed to skim past it. Excellent post, Natty. I share a lot of your suspicion on Ashtot and I personally suspect Jeremy as one of the strong players that I believe could be scum.

He is usually quiet, but to be honest I don't remember him being this quiet. I hardly remember he is playing unless I look at the player list. He's barely posting enough to not get modkilled. I would analyze his previous game behavior, but I am on capped internet, so that will have to wait until tomorrow because web pages barely load. I would rather cast my vote for Ashtot or Dolby today based on Karla's reasoning.

Hopefully this post goes through.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also Tom, why do you always come across as such a scum bum when I play with you?

Thank god I woke up before deadline (7am here!)

Again the use of the word "odd", the wishy washy way of calling me scummy. You claimed AFTER I had posted and voted. I have found your behaviour this game uncharacteristic of how you were playing previously, which is why it stuck out to me. Really it was just a gut feeling, much like with Jeremy, so I didn't pursue it. Natty put a lot of what I was thinking into words. I do agree that it was rash voting because I was reading just before bed and was worried my vote wouldn't get in. I plan on analyzing your posting more in depth to cement my personal view on you when I return home because mafia could have been given safe claims. Given your responses for now, (and **** I wish we could inspect you) I'll drop it till I get home.

If you're up for lynch, why would you fake claim? I mean I get saying townie as blue if everyone is mass claiming and it's night and you're trying to avoid dying. Everyone has at least a minor suspicion on you and claiming green, then backpedaling immediately just makes you look even more suspicious.

Personally, if it's a toss up between Cariad and Crystal at this point, I would rather it be Crystal. Cariad does rub me the wrong way, but if she's telling the truth about being blue, then we will have just lynched a power role. I think it would be advantageous to see what Crystal flips first (because she claimed townie), considering how hard she's gunning for Cariad to die.

also lol at Ryan88 for auto voting Cariad without posting or reading the thread.

also Alise, you need to speak up when night comes. Make a case, anything other than complaining about posting on your phone.

I was paying attention, but clearly it slipped past my brain with everything that has happened in this thread. I looked back through your posts and this was all I could find?

I don't see how claiming a name automatically makes you not scummy. You were softclaiming townie by saying you're not a monkey in another post. We have brought up the possibility of scum safe claims for practically the whole thread now or were you not paying attention? I need time to look into your posting because I DO remember you trying harder and posting less one-liners. I told you I would leave it alone until I get home from work today and I meant that.

Not long now, hopefully people not voting get on or there's going to be a modkill massacre :/

Getting late where I am, so I'll just keep this very brief for the moment.

I think it would be incredibly gutsy for 3 mafia to claim thieves. I mean it seems pretty smart in theory considering no one touched the squid after they knew squid was a 3rd party with a separate win con. It may be advantageous to kill off one of the supposed thieves to determine if the other two are lying as well. Honestly, I'd leave that up to the vig to decide. I just don't want to question the thieves' alignment all the way up until it's too late and mafia wins. If the claims are true, we're still looking at 5 mafia + 3 thieves + 11 town. Natty said her role PM stated that the thieves were aligned with us, Cory and Trundle - did yours as well? I'm undecided on if their claims can be fully trusted or not.

Also +1 at Tom's frustration. I feel you brother.

Until tomorrow.

@Karla
Yeah it wasn't Natty. This was the post I had in mind when typing that. It was actually Trundle. He was the only one to say they count towards town numbers.

All of Mounties posts so far this game since its start are in the spoiler, feel free to review or actually click the dang filter yerself to see the actual posts along with any quotes that got clipped.

After a few nonsensical posts, Mentos starts off with a post of reads on the various living players in the game. Primarily suspicions in this post is Ryan88, KarlaKGB, Tom, Lauren, and Jeremy. Seems reasonable enough, each player listed shouldn't be trusted due to deviations from playstyle (Ryan, Karla, Lauren) or are just generally annoying as crap to read (Tom and Jeremy). Out of these names so far, Ryan has stayed true to their playstyle... somewhat, Karla has stepped up, Lauren fell off the grid it seems today, I'm just being a salty grump and Jeremy only seems interested in defending the "thieves". Nothing immediately jumps out at me with this first large post, generally pro-town vibes but that's really it.

There's a few posts inbetween the next case Mountain has provided us, some of which don't sit right with me for reasons I can't really seem to describe at the moment (sleep deprivation setting in probably). This case however focuses on three weak and easy players, claiming that one of them is probably scum. For those with incredibly short memories, that's Cariad, JellofishXD, and Crystal. While I don't doubt that one of them is possibly scum (Jellofish seems the likest at this point to me), I would have thought Montana would have spend some extra time building it up against a stronger set of players. Mississippi usually tends to agree (not to mention rage) with me about lynching inactives after D1 without a good reason, so I'm scratching my head at this.

Aside from that, there's discussion about Ashtot's true role but not much else from Milla. I've got to ask though, has anyone see our friendly aggro town aligned neighbor Minties? Reading through her posts, I don't think once I saw anything that would nod toward her typically aggressive town self. Maybe I'm overreading this, maybe I'm underreading but it would be nice for some opinions on this.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I cannot comment on claims.

Tina pls

Ew I think I did skip a page in reading - which is why their teaming together threw me off. Either way, my points about Dolby and alise still stand.

Yes I did notice Manatee's activity fall off on day 2, but I decided just to note it and push Dolby instead. She's no longer top townread for me.

And Tom, about making a bit of a case against Minties for that reason, I'll wait until morning to see what happens. Anyways, good luck on a decent morning revelation, I'm off. Can't apologize enough that I'm sorry if I'm scattered lately, bills are due at the beginnings of months and it's also a Monday so ugh.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also before I go: Yui-z continues to fall off the radar, and so does JellofishXD. And Karen to an extent.

Against my better judgement, I figure I should probably try to actually get something thrown together, maybe someone can take my thoughts on Minties and refine it into a more eloquent ideal. And hey maybe if I make enough of these I'll get killed by mafia. Win win maybe!

All of Mounties posts so far this game since its start are in the spoiler, feel free to review or actually click the dang filter yerself to see the actual posts along with any quotes that got clipped.

After a few nonsensical posts, Mentos starts off with a post of reads on the various living players in the game. Primarily suspicions in this post is Ryan88, KarlaKGB, Tom, Lauren, and Jeremy. Seems reasonable enough, each player listed shouldn't be trusted due to deviations from playstyle (Ryan, Karla, Lauren) or are just generally annoying as crap to read (Tom and Jeremy). Out of these names so far, Ryan has stayed true to their playstyle... somewhat, Karla has stepped up, Lauren fell off the grid it seems today, I'm just being a salty grump and Jeremy only seems interested in defending the "thieves". Nothing immediately jumps out at me with this first large post, generally pro-town vibes but that's really it.

There's a few posts inbetween the next case Mountain has provided us, some of which don't sit right with me for reasons I can't really seem to describe at the moment (sleep deprivation setting in probably). This case however focuses on three weak and easy players, claiming that one of them is probably scum. For those with incredibly short memories, that's Cariad, JellofishXD, and Crystal. While I don't doubt that one of them is possibly scum (Jellofish seems the likest at this point to me), I would have thought Montana would have spend some extra time building it up against a stronger set of players. Mississippi usually tends to agree (not to mention rage) with me about lynching inactives after D1 without a good reason, so I'm scratching my head at this.

Aside from that, there's discussion about Ashtot's true role but not much else from Milla. I've got to ask though, has anyone see our friendly aggro town aligned neighbor Minties? Reading through her posts, I don't think once I saw anything that would nod toward her typically aggressive town self. Maybe I'm overreading this, maybe I'm underreading but it would be nice for some opinions on this.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tina pls

Meatloafs is certainly playing much less aggressive than she has in the past. Even as an important blue role in Majora Mafia, Mutton was aggressively arguing with me, which appeared to lead to her death. She appears to be trying to not ruffle feathers, which could possibly be a sign of scum playing it safe.

And Tom, about making a bit of a case against Minties for that reason, I'll wait until morning to see what happens. Anyways, good luck on a decent morning revelation, I'm off. Can't apologize enough that I'm sorry if I'm scattered lately, bills are due at the beginnings of months and it's also a Monday so ugh.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also before I go: Yui-z continues to fall off the radar, and so does JellofishXD. And Karen to an extent.
Well Yui is viewing the thread so hopefully we can expect something from them soonish. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tina pls

Laurens had foot poisoning and has dragged herself up just to help out. I didnt feel it was anyones business.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Now i tried to keep up by reading last night but I just vomited and fell asleep so im going to give it a full read through, give my own personal reads on everyone as I feel i owe it to everyone for being inactive.

@Alice: This is a very small game for a main mafia though, verging on the edge of being mini. Doubt a second DT. If there is one they should probably out tomorrow since they'll have three inspection results, given they hadn't been roleblocked.

Well alise's big post is just one big fluff post:

First of all, I thought your computer was broken so how are you making a post as big as this? Unless you've got a really nice gadget that's easy to make a long post with (holla at me and tell me what it is if this is true). Second of all, you're just repeating what everyone is assuming or at least testing for: that the thieves are really the thieves. And then you just point out some of the things that many other people have about how pro-town Minties is being and that she has made (I agree) some of the best posts in this game. Your point on Alice is a little fresher and tbh I agree with some parts of it and I myself am feeling just a little less inclined to suspect her as scum, but all in all I believe the effortful post you've got here is somewhat contrived. I could be wrong, because you tried really hard to make a good post in one of the unofficials and turned out to be town, but that doesn't automatically mean this is the same case. Second on my suspect list of most scummy.

But first? Dolby tbh. Got a bad feeling still, and think he should be shot/lynched. I don't think we'll make the same mistake here as we did in MM redux with him.

I stated that I'm using my family's computer and
"im a huge ****ing procrastinator so um i need to finish this. this isnt alot but i didnt want to keep you guys waiting"
This means the post isn't even done yet.

I disagree slightly with shooting one of the "thieves", but I'm not totally against it. If one of their role PMs is revealed to us upon death, then it'll give us more leads to whether we can trust them or not. I'm feeling uneasy about the whole thing now that they've revealed they were a team all along. (Sorry, nothing new here!!!)

Why did they wait so long, in fact, why did they lie in the first place? Were they trying to catch counter-claimers out or something? Obviously the point of mafia is to figure out who's lying, but they hadn't really got anything to hide from what they've said in the thread. Part of me wants to believe them, but getting one of them out of the way would confirm that they're legit.

Also, why wasn't the whole group fully updated in everything..? There's a lot that I don't completely get about this group, but I'm on the fence. I guess it's down to the vig though.

I thought they said they're not against each other after all. Or did I just mis-read somewhere along the line? It would make sense with them not wanting to lose a member if they're all working with each other. What would be the point in them being in touch if they were working against each other?

I disagree slightly with shooting one of the "thieves", but I'm not totally against it. If one of their role PMs is revealed to us upon death, then it'll give us more leads to whether we can trust them or not. I'm feeling uneasy about the whole thing now that they've revealed they were a team all along. (Sorry, nothing new here!!!)

Why did they wait so long, in fact, why did they lie in the first place? Were they trying to catch counter-claimers out or something? Obviously the point of mafia is to figure out who's lying, but they hadn't really got anything to hide from what they've said in the thread. Part of me wants to believe them, but getting one of them out of the way would confirm that they're legit.

Also, why wasn't the whole group fully updated in everything..? There's a lot that I don't completely get about this group, but I'm on the fence. I guess it's down to the vig though.

I thought they said they're not against each other after all. Or did I just mis-read somewhere along the line? It would make sense with them not wanting to lose a member if they're all working with each other. What would be the point in them being in touch if they were working against each other?

You didn't post anything new and someone already mentioned that Dad missed the post when the Thieves said they were in a team or whatever.

I still think Yui-Z is scum.

Meatloafs is certainly playing much less aggressive than she has in the past. Even as an important blue role in Majora Mafia, Mutton was aggressively arguing with me, which appeared to lead to her death. She appears to be trying to not ruffle feathers, which could possibly be a sign of scum playing it safe.

Firstly, **** you guys and your names.

Tom - clearly you have had your head up your ass during the past few games you have played with me and can't remember how to read. That is not my playstyle any longer. It hasn't been since SP's Tribal Attack Mafia (MM VI), which was my last played game before I left. I spend significantly less time on TBT and on the IRC, so the anger just isn't there and I RARELY get in in-game arguments. You're doing exactly what we did to Karla in the beginning of the game, that he was scum because he no longer made large posts. I do find it interesting that you and Jeremy (two people I find exhibiting actual scum behavior) are the two that agree on it.

Admittedly, Jellofish WAS an inactive, but you can't really say Crystal and Cariad were as well. JellofishXD has proven to be scum when all they do is complain about timezones and post once a day. THAT was my reasoning for including them. I looked at past games and actually attempted to provide solid reasoning unlike the rest of your "gut feelings". My suspicion on Cariad was the jump from green to blue and her reaction to Dad's posts. If you want to go ahead and pretend that I am the only one that found Crystal's behavior questionable, be my guest. I would like to direct your attention to the SEVEN other people that voted for her, yourself included (oh hey look and Jeremy too!)

Honestly, I find it incredibly hypocritical that YOU of all people are accusing me of falling off of the radar. We could barely get you to post and all you were doing was ****posting when you did. I have been trying (You can't actually say the same), you lose the drive to when a lot of town doesn't even read your posts. Now you're not going to try because the rest of town sucks, oh but wait clearly someone that's trying must be scum? Give me a damn break.

Firstly, **** you guys and your names.

Tom - clearly you have had your head up your ass during the past few games you have played with me and can't remember how to read. That is not my playstyle any longer. It hasn't been since SP's Tribal Attack Mafia (MM VI), which was my last played game before I left. I spend significantly less time on TBT and on the IRC, so the anger just isn't there and I RARELY get in in-game arguments. You're doing exactly what we did to Karla in the beginning of the game, that he was scum because he no longer made large posts. I do find it interesting that you and Jeremy (two people I find exhibiting actual scum behavior) are the two that agree on it.

Admittedly, Jellofish WAS an inactive, but you can't really say Crystal and Cariad were as well. JellofishXD has proven to be scum when all they do is complain about timezones and post once a day. THAT was my reasoning for including them. I looked at past games and actually attempted to provide solid reasoning unlike the rest of your "gut feelings". My suspicion on Cariad was the jump from green to blue and her reaction to Dad's posts. If you want to go ahead and pretend that I am the only one that found Crystal's behavior questionable, be my guest. I would like to direct your attention to the SEVEN other people that voted for her, yourself included (oh hey look and Jeremy too!)

Honestly, I find it incredibly hypocritical that YOU of all people are accusing me of falling off of the radar. We could barely get you to post and all you were doing was ****posting when you did. I have been trying (You can't actually say the same), you lose the drive to when a lot of town doesn't even read your posts. Now you're not going to try because the rest of town sucks, oh but wait clearly someone that's trying must be scum? Give me a damn break.

Why did you vote for C r y s t a l?

C r y s t a l

Crystal has actually been posting, which contrasts with the two above. A lot of her posts have been responding to or asking questions and repeating people (does everyone see a pattern here? Scum hide in common opinions.)

While I agree that there should have not been a no lynch, why did Crystal jump straight away on these two? We have found that lynching the "easy lynches" straight out of the gate has only got us dead townies. I don't agree that Ryan88 should be a default lynch anymore. Yes he is terrible and roleclaims day one, but he is usually almost always town and provides a truthful roleclaim.

Again with Ryan88.

Backpacking on Oath's suspicion on Alise without providing any real reasoning why. Still going for easy targets.

Cory has been stepping up his game significantly this game (I noticed that when I read back through his posts). He started out quite strong and although he sort of deteriorated at night started, I get town reads from him. The fact that Crystal defended lynching SP, yet finds Cory suspicious for voting for him makes me raise my eyebrow. Crystal didn't vote for SP, why? Because she knew he was town and she could get called out for bandwagoning?

This is all I have atm. Night ends incredibly soon, but I wanted to get that out before then.

Reposting for Ashtot because filters are hard. I voted for you because like Trundle said, Natty's case was actually quite good and compelling. I switched my vote to Crystal because I had originally thought it was majority voting when I woke up at 6am and a no lynch would have hurt us even more. People have been lynched for far less behavior in games (Need I bring up Cory who flipped town again and again?). I do recall you pushing for a number of gut feeling lynches that all turned out to be town and were just as mad as I am at being called scum for it.

Back