• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on Twitch -- spectators can earn points too! You can view it on TBT's Twitch channel here.

Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

Looking scummy =/= being scum.

Honestly though, I don't know what exactly you're doing this game other than being an annoyance.

Oh, and you know why I only made a case now? Because I know full well you'd say the following to any big cases I'd make.

So instead of responding to any of the points I made on him (which he did, so thanks to him for acknowledging it), you just start throwing this little temper tantrum because I dared to accuse you and Trundle of looking scummy.

The more you respond to this, the more convinced I am that you're scum.

If someone makes an actual good case on somebody I'm obviously not going to discredit it. I don't see how responding to you makes me look more scummy. I find you pretty hilarious. Who knows, maybe this will turn out like Kingmaker? :lemon:

If someone makes an actual good case on somebody I'm obviously not going to discredit it. I don't see how responding to you makes me look more scummy. I find you pretty hilarious. Who knows, maybe this will turn out like Kingmaker? :lemon:

Awww adorable look he's trying to provoke me and distract town

...uh, if they hadn't brought it up then town wouldn't make a big deal about it. It's deliberate and cryptic. They started the distraction by allowing for it to exist. Debating whether or not this is a distraction is distracting. ...me from my algebra homework at least.

Good morning. I've repeatedly asked the Kallie thing to be dropped. This is a no PM game, so the only way to put something forward is by posting it in the thread. Saying what I did was never meant to be a major distraction - But it possibly allowed progress to be made in towns favour. It will make sense after the game (if not sooner) to EVERYONE - It makes sense right now to whomever it needed to make sense to. Just stop talking about it. The more you bring it back up, and new theories are put out there, and I reply to these things, the more scum might be able to puzzle together, so this is the very last time I'm going to mention it. And it's becoming a distraction NOW when all it really needed to take to process was 10 minutes and then we could have moved on.

ghost_scaring_lg_wht.gif

It's a mystery!

Are you guys PMing each other, because it sounds a lot more complicated than something that could only be picked up from what Sataric said in the thread? I only had one guess but I also don't want to say it due to a potential loss, even though it's probably easy to guess what my guess is. And then there's another guess but that one would be funny if it happened.
Who said those two things were related? :)

Dolby does the same, but where is any suspicion on him? He is just flying under the radar like always. Actually, the way Dolby has been posting more reminds me of his scum games. As scum, he posts more and more lengthy than one liners to appear more town, but as town, he posts the bare minimum one liners.
As a contribution, this sucks. One, I have not been switching votes, the only person who I voted for was SP, and I stuck with it. Two, my posts have been, at least, somewhat contributive, but we're spam in any way irrelevant. Three, read recent games, I'm not the same one-liner per day cycle person as before, i try to contribute. Four, I bamdwagoned, but I actually thought SP was suspicious, unlike you voting for him because he was distracting the focus of the game

I know that this isn't a full-blown case, but this post just irks me

Okay I think this is getting really out of hand, and you're both being pretty silly.
If oath thinks what he thinks, let him think his thoughts that he thinks. Thoughts are thoughts, and his thoughts are his thoughts to think and other's thoughts probably won't be influenced by oath's thoughts because oath's thoughts he thinks when it comes to mafia are WRONG, I think, anyway. (TL;DR don't bother arguing because no one trusts oath's word until he starts making actual good cases and analyzing posts which comes later in the games)
Meanwhile, I've been analyzing posts through the whole first day (which is why most of my posts were just more organization than anything for me) and I've come up with a few small things.
Cariad
While I've been gathering many scum reads from Cariad, I do see some strange behavioral things that make me think she is scum.
1. How quick Cariad pushes someone for lynch, thinking they're scum.
I also think that Sataric is scum, to me he sounds like he is trying too hard to seem town. It's like a fake smile you put on. He just gives me that vibe.
I think I'm going to vote SP, mainly for the reasons already said. It seems as if he is trying too hard to lynch Yui, and what if he isn't actually a townie? What if after seeing Lauren's monkey comments thought that it was the townie name?

Both of these show how quickly she sways from the littlest bit of evidence, which is obviously something a scum member would do to encourage the lynch of a town member.
2. How quickly Cariad's behavior can change from really smart to playing dumb
I'm going to use the second quote from point one again.
I think I'm going to vote SP, mainly for the reasons already said. It seems as if he is trying too hard to lynch Yui, and what if he isn't actually a townie? What if after seeing Lauren's monkey comments thought that it was the townie name?
From where I bolded, Cariad is demonstrating what looks like very dumb questioning of "What is Superpenguin isn't what he claimed???" Well, obviously that's the whole point of mafia. The mafia are trying to hide and kill the town. Let's compare it to this post:
testing town? is that a suggestion towards you being not town?
This is a reply to Dad's post about reaction testing town from saying something, but Cariad caught the smallest little off-wording and snapped to questioning it (again, anything to make someone look like scum).
And then we can compare her behavior differences again to the first quote I used in this post where we see her, again thinking things through quite well.
Unfortunately I can't find any other games that Cariad has been in to compare her behavior, but if you go back through and read her posts, you can find a lot of inconsistency. As Karla has taught me and I have said earlier in the thread, read the posts as if she was typing them as scum, town, or third party. Which one seems most likely in your head?

- - - Post Merge - - -

As a contribution, this sucks. One, I have not been switching votes, the only person who I voted for was SP, and I stuck with it. Two, my posts have been, at least, somewhat contributive, but we're spam in any way irrelevant. Three, read recent games, I'm not the same one-liner per day cycle person as before, i try to contribute. Four, I bamdwagoned, but I actually thought SP was suspicious, unlike you voting for him because he was distracting the focus of the game

Yeah, don't worry Dolby, Jeremy told me you play a bit different now. I am not nearly as suspicious of you anymore.

I'm not sure you just replied to the correct post, but I could be wrong.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Nevermind, apparently you didn't.

Going through 20 pages of posts full of silly bickering and wishy-washy reasons for voting one way or another right now meanwhile having my breakfast. SP flipping green surprised me (RIP!) and I admit it's not the first time I misread his actions, but there was plenty of discussion taking place revolving him and I think we can get some good information out of it at least. Thoughts on remaining players below - Note that I do not have strong reads on everyone yet, which is probably noticeable in my analyzes, but maybe this will still be somewhat helpful:

Oath2Order - Came off very strong in the start. He was pretty far up on my scum list. But as the game is progressing, he seems less scummy in my eyes. Could just be a tactic because people were sort of catching on to him, though. Don't underestimate this guy.

Cory - Some people have said he seems scummy, but I'm not seeing it. I think he's playing better than average. Sure, he changed his votes a few times but in the end SP flipped green so he had every right to be hesitant. If he is scum then he's got me fooled. Perhaps the player that has improved the most over the past 5-10 games out of all players?

Ryan88 - I unfortunately think he's the Town Roleblocker that he claims to be. I fear his days are numbered.

Minties - Almost every contribution made by her has given me strong town reads on her. She's one of my "least worried about" people.

Alice - Stepped up her game after having been called out. The whole "not being in a good mood" makes it hard for me to put pressure onto her and question her because I don't want to be a jerk, but I am not able to get a strong read on her overall.

Dolby - I think he's a diamond in the rough. Very dangerous if he's on the scum team though. But in recent games he has been very helpful to town as well. Normally when he's scum, he makes a massive case on someone almost right away, and then slips into the shadows and doesn't say a thing for the longest of times afterwards. That's not been his playstyle this game, so I am inclined to think he's innocent (or a mermaid?) but keep an eye on him nonetheless.

Dad - Started off strong, now fading slightly, but I am still getting very strong town reads on him. Least concerned category for me.

Karen - She doesn't seem quite up to date with how Mafia has "changed" since she left, and called me out quite harshly for my "fluff posts". I know I use more words than necessary sometimes but I try my best to contribute. I was hoping we had moved beyond this. Can't get a good read on her at all.

JellofishXD - Just doesn't seem to care much about what happens. Sorry if that sounds harsh. Scum or mermaid, perhaps? Or some other kind of third party role? (Survivor, etc..)

KarlaKGB - Despite being roleblocked and thus not having been able to use any actions, I feel he's tried really hard to contribute with logical thinking and good reasoning. I am getting strong town reads on him.

Ashtot - Seems to struggle a little bit in the non-PM environment. This, however, leads me to believe that he's town. Since if he was Mafia, he would have his team to talk to, and wouldn't appear quite as confused. However, I am not getting any massive town reads on his behaviour overall. He seems to be switching back and forth a lot, and running around in circles. Confusing.

Tom - Not sure about Tom yet. Something's a bit different from his regular playstyle. Too early for me to comment on.

Trundle - Mixed opinions on Trundle as well. Some of his posts has fallen quite flat. Others have not been given enough credit. People often say it's easy to tell if he's scum, but I don't think I've played enough games with him to feel the same way about him. I'm on the fence.

C r y s t a l - Number one on my scumlist. Just go through their posts again. Something's not right! Too much contradictions, too eager to kill just about anyone, to quick to call others out for mistakes similar to their own. The more I analyze their posts, the more I feel that they're just trying to float by yet "nudge the chess pieces in their favour".

Cariad - Was concerned about her before the SP lynch. Feel even more concerned now afterwards. Scum or Mermaid, I think.

Yui-Z - I don't know. I am not buying in to the whole "Mark role name" thing, but Yui Z is the person that my opinion has changed about the most this game. At first I found them suspicious, then I found them seeming way more town aligned, and now I'm back to being uncertain. Hmm..

Alise - Seems to be at least trying a bit harder now than before. Another person people claim is easy to read but that confuses me quite often. I feel they play very similar as both town and scum, and therefore I have no clue if she's evil or not. Definitely done some shady stuff, but doesn't she always do that?

Lauren - I am getting strong monkey reads on her! (But seriously, I don't know? She seems to be playing much the same as always.)

Jeremy - Hmmm.. Some of the things he has done and said have been suspect, but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. I know he can be a great asset to town even without posting much during the first few days, and he has made some sharp observations already.

Natty - When you've lied before (Like when you got converted to cult in one game that we played together) I thought it was pretty easy to see right through you. So this whole Mermaid claim seems to add up somehow. However, I dislike that SP was the one that essentially gave you the idea for how your role worked. ("Do you have to look for treasures?" he asked) - It took you a long time to respond to all of the questions and I think it's very possible you went to look at the Bird Mafia 2 game and copied a bunch of stuff from there regarding how your role worked, and you definitely had the time to make something up that would sound legit. However, for now, I believe you. If nobody dies and flips mermaid as the days go by, you're definitely scum.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Mmmm, great post. It was delicious and I'm honestly have no doubt you're town Sataric. I got a lot of thoughts and ideas out of that, so it will be really helpful for other cases I make.

Mmmm, great post. It was delicious and I'm honestly have no doubt you're town Sataric. I got a lot of thoughts and ideas out of that, so it will be really helpful for other cases I make.

Honestly I think you're acting weird but I don't know what it is. You're probably scum you dingus.

Honestly I think you're acting weird but I don't know what it is. You're probably scum you dingus.

I'm just trying to be nicer because if I start being a bit mean I'll become really mean and get modkilled.

Okay I just got done with homework and whatnot. I have over 10+ pages to catch up on so it might be a while before I can post something.

Natty - When you've lied before (Like when you got converted to cult in one game that we played together) I thought it was pretty easy to see right through you. So this whole Mermaid claim seems to add up somehow. However, I dislike that SP was the one that essentially gave you the idea for how your role worked. ("Do you have to look for treasures?" he asked) - It took you a long time to respond to all of the questions and I think it's very possible you went to look at the Bird Mafia 2 game and copied a bunch of stuff from there regarding how your role worked, and you definitely had the time to make something up that would sound legit. However, for now, I believe you. If nobody dies and flips mermaid as the days go by, you're definitely scum.

I'll address two points real quick before I head off to bed.

No, SP isn't the one who gave me the idea of how my role worked. My role PM obviously did, lol. The reason I didn't want to reveal all everything about my role right away is because I wasn't sure if I was allowed to reveal specific details from my role PM. (Like every player holding an item, and how some are holding diamonds for example). I hadn't heard from Tina if I could, and I didn't want to chance getting modkilled. But SP stated basically what my role consists of, that's why I seen no harm in confirming.

As for the time it took me to answer questions, could you look at the time frame in which I claimed and then answered questions? It was from 11:48 to 12:00. 2-3 minute spans between questions isn't that long.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lol delicious.

I'm getting upset about how I keep failing my algebra homework and having to redo it and it's going to take up my time tomorrow too so that's why I'm 'fading'. I'm going to try my best to get a strong post out there again before morning comes (I tend to do this because I always assume I could die and it could be my last post, even though when I do people ignore it half of the time).

As for the time it took me to answer questions, could you look at the time frame in which I claimed and then answered questions? It was from 11:48 to 12:00. 2-3 minute spans between questions isn't that long.

Maybe I worded things poorly but I meant responding to this:
Furthermore, I don't know much about Natty's role that she claims to have, and I admit that I am confused about it, but wouldn't forwarding that you are this mermaid thingy be counter-productive towards your win condition somehow? If it's about stealing treasures? Couldn't people steal her treasures now that they know that she's trying to collect them? Please explain this role to me better because you lost me somewhere along the way, I'm afraid.

As well as a few other things. Which it took you many many hours to reply to, giving you plenty of time to figure out good and clever things to say! But we cannot be online 24/7, I completely understand that, and as I said I do believe you for now. You must admit, however, that if no other thieves/mermaids would ever make an appearance as the days go by then you'd be looking incredibly scummy.

hm. No one else is claiming mermaid any if no does ever, I think Natty may be possible Sk.

I was looking at the only game Cariad was "scum" and tbh I don't know what to say. The only thing I can find is basically coping things others had said and re-iterating it to seem like she isnt bandwagoning.

Idk, something seems off about Sat's posting. It reminds me of mount Olympus mafia. I'll see if I can pull up a few posts later.

Replies:

Honestly I feel like we're better of lynching Karen or Alise because Alise isn't really doing anything and neither is Karen.
Well my opinion is that we should lynch an inactive. I don't think the risk of lynching an active Town player is worth it.

I think we have four options right now:

Karen - Seem extremely lazy and disinterested. Isn't making a real effort to contribute.

Here?s the larger posts I had made before you posted that:

I'm in class right now but I will post later, Lauren has been posting weirdly imo from my experience with playing with her. When I was mafia and she was town she was a lot less aggressive, instead sitting back a bit more and making interesting posts every so often. That was a while back though and I don't know if her playstyle has changed or something but I will be keeping an eye on her.

And people probably skipped this one:
Just caught up...sort of confused by this factional kill thing. Do we have to wait for Tina for a definition before someone can explain how this related to the current situation?

@above posts I think we should ignore Sataric and his Kallie theory, it's probably not of any use for today's lynch plus he did say that it would reveal in time.

-------
Current Thoughts

So, I *may* have skimmed over a few pages just because I've been a bit short on time, but here are a few things I did notice over the course of things:

>how quickly people jumped off the oath/Sataric suspicion train
^Don't just agree with what other people say (cough C r y s t a l)
>If you have a suspicion, STICK TO IT unless some other evidence comes up. This obviously means that you're just jumping around trying to blend in.
>the confusion caused by Sataric about the Kallie thing
^surely if it was that important, he would have shared the information immediately
>which leads me to believe that the two pages of "wtf is going on" "wtf am i dumb" was a distraction caused by Sataric for some reason
>People who only post to give facts (cough Alice cough)
>People who have been disappeared (earth to Jello, Cariad, and alise!)
>The many "cases" put forward on the FIRST day
^I don't think I've ever played a game where day one had this many suspicions! I don't know if it's just me but I find this strange.
>It's almost as if these cases are either extremely flimsy, or people are trying to "be active" by posting crap to make themselves seem town-aligned.
>Arguments over nothing.
^This is just distracting. People play how they play. Sure, their posts may be lame/useless but you don't need to spam pages to rectify that.

I hope this makes sense. There's a few more but I have to go to class now.

Well then. I know it may not be as much as what I used to post, or it may seem little compared some other people (mostly spam, arguments, nonsense making them seem ?active?), but I should be contributing way more when the weekend comes around.

Karen - She doesn't seem quite up to date with how Mafia has "changed" since she left, and called me out quite harshly for my "fluff posts". I know I use more words than necessary sometimes but I try my best to contribute. I was hoping we had moved beyond this. Can't get a good read on her at all.

Please enlighten me on how mafia has changed since I last played. And yes, your posts still annoy me like crazy but I?ll let your wording slide for now as it seems you have some information you are still withholding from us (which, everyone is still waiting for). And sorry if I was too harsh.

?????

Current Thoughts:

WTF ARE YOU ALL DOING.

I literally read through 20 pages of crap, the same thing repeated over and over again which I can pretty much sum up like so:

Yui scum cuz her role name Mark
Karla vs Jeremy rawr rawr rawr
Oh look SP bandwagon train ok cool let me hitch a ride and hide here hehehehe
Hey you look scummy but WAIT you do too oh and you nvm let me switch votes 10000 times
Y u not posting u scum then hahahhaha
Wat Kallie thing i wanna know why have wait
Ryan scum o but he town role blocker he town then but actually idk

Can you guys actually do something productive instead of going around in circles like blind mice? Theres a few of you who are actually doing something (mentally noted), and others who have contributed BS but are staying up in the ?active contributor? category simply because of post count.

The SP lynch wouldn't have happened if you guys hadn?t spent pages complaining about each others play styles. It wouldn?t have happened if you had actually read through the thread and absorbed the information from a non biased point of view. I really really hope that tomorrow this crap will be replaced with some quality posts.

???

I'm just trying to be nicer because if I start being a bit mean I'll become really mean and get modkilled.

I don?t think you?re that bad though?you being nice, like others have said, is extremely strange and will only serve to distract us. Play like your normal self and if you do get too mean I?m sure someone will be around to make sure it doesn't go too far.

Maybe I worded things poorly but I meant responding to this:

As well as a few other things. Which it took you many many hours to reply to, giving you plenty of time to figure out good and clever things to say! But we cannot be online 24/7, I completely understand that, and as I said I do believe you for now. You must admit, however, that if no other thieves/mermaids would ever make an appearance as the days go by then you'd be looking incredibly scummy.

Wasn?t Natty at work or something which is why she couldn?t respond? And also, Sataric, looking at your summary just because a player doesn?t seem to care doesn?t mean that they?re mafia or third party. For all I could know one of these super spammy or extremely ?pro town? posters we have could be scum.

??

I have several current suspicions, but I?m going to need a few more posts from them and some time to look through the thread again since I?ve just been skimming?my head hurts reading through all those repetitive one liners. I will call out on one right now though ? Ashtot.

No, I?m not suspicious of you (well, maybe a bit). I?m extremely curious why you?ve been acting like you are now. You switched votes 2 times I think? And all you?ve been doing is pointing fingers and following other people. You?ve made so many tiny posts everywhere that when people think of active contributors you name automatically pops up just because you?ve made so many (useless) posts. I will admit though, Post 832 was pretty good compared to all your other ones and I hope you keep that up.

You know, at least I'm questioning people unlike you, who can't seem to make up their mind and honestly looks pretty damn scummy.

Isn?t that a bit contradictory since you can?t make your mind up either? You and Oath both have been posting around the same I think so stop your little quarrel unless one of you has some actual arguments to make.

We don?t talk about that game.

??

Back