• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

So I'm your top scumread right now? What do you think about Superpenguin? His case against Yui-Z? How about lynching alise?

Unless there's evidence I missed about role names representing something in particular from the last game, his case is completely invalid. But he's known to jump around with his vote, even because of minor things like this, so it doesn't particularly stand out to me. I wouldn't have a problem lynching alise. I don't subscribe to the "don't lynch inactives" school of thought.

She is suggesting that after SP saw you claim monkey, he got the idea that monkeys were a townie role, which he could use as a fakeclaim.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm pretty sure you take this apathetic approach in every game?

Right, well I'm clearing this up, im not a monkey, you never know he may have done, i dont know what other roles are called but I just wanted that cleared right up.

Well my opinion is that we should lynch an inactive. I don't think the risk of lynching an active Town player is worth it.

I think we have four options right now:

Tom - Strong if he's Town aligned but hasn't really done anything and his posts have been sloppy as heck.
Cariad - Posted nothing useful and is just bandwagoning on Superpenguin.
Alise - Is at least somewhat making an attempt with her crappy computer.
Karen - Seem extremely lazy and disinterested. Isn't making a real effort to contribute.

Well my opinion is that we should lynch an inactive. I don't think the risk of lynching an active Town player is worth it.

Tom - Strong if he's Town aligned but hasn't really done anything and his posts have been sloppy as heck.
Karen - Seem extremely lazy and disinterested. Isn't making a real effort to contribute.

Sloppy posting is typical of Tom as town because he sucks as town.

Right, well I'm clearing this up, im not a monkey, you never know he may have done, i dont know what other roles are called but I just wanted that cleared right up.

I, and most players didn't for a moment think you actually claimed monkey. Superpenguin's just walking further and further into his role-meta-analysis tunnel.

Has anyone even remembered I'm playing?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm not going to claim as everyone doesn't what me too.

Ok, we didnt want you to, but yet you still did? Makes so much sense. We don't remember who are inactive, if you want us to remember you and not think your scum from inactiveness actually take part in discussion.

You then continue to talk about your role again about how we're asking you to role claim or something I'll mention it further down the post. You then actually role claim?

Scum might be inactive or just the targets have been saved and role blockers have blocked right. But I think KarlaKGB is scum. She is inactive so maybe she forgot to send in the kills

You made this post at 1:31 am Karla's time, now this doesn't prove a thing now does it? At least when I stated I had suspicion on him I was waiting for him to come online, you just suspected him because he was I presume asleep.

Also we almost have no inactives.

Superpenguin asked why you contradict yourself, I'm wondering how by this point you haven't seen the inactives, there were various ones including yourself? Paying attention to the thread and the players is key, yet you haven't done this and chirp in at random points, spout bull**** and disappear.

I'm not inactive. I'm always lurking, I just never post

Holy ****, its the same god damn thing, you're lurking therefore you are here, if you have the time to lurk, you have the time to contribute into conversation of which your name has been mentioned on various occasions throughout the past 2 days.

I normally don't say anything on night 0. We have nothing to discuss about.

That's no excuse? You should post whether or not theres anything to talk about, start discussions, maybe just maybe scum will slip up.

You guys are urging me to do this.

i'm a Town Roleblocker! I roleblocked ]KarlaKGB] so i think i roleblocked scum because there was only 1 kill.

This, this got me, so from what we believe, you are unable to block scum, am i correct? From what I read I believe so;
I have always treated factional kills as being a kill that is inherent to your faction. This means Mafia KP, and also serial killer's kill powers. Vigilantes are not factional, because their faction is town, which does not have an inherent kill. That's not to say it's how it works this game.

Exactly what KarlaKGB said.

This is my reference, so Ryan88 would know this, Tina is very thorough when it comes to role pms and what they can and cannot do, so surly Ryan88 would know that you could not block scum shooting? Unless he didn't read it which is a posibility but that would be a rooky mistake, everyone knows you read the ins and outs of your role.

This is why, I have decided I am voting Ryan88, he slipped and it could have been an accident but it could have been a serious scum slip.

Yap, im voting Ryan88, so think what you want. I've compiled a short list of his **** ups in the game where he literally has no idea what hes doing, blames his role claim on us, and then roleclaims and messes up buy doing so.

I feel Karla isn't scum as he did as I expected yet Ryan88 went head first into calling him out on a coincidence.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I, and most players didn't for a moment think you actually claimed monkey. Superpenguin's just walking further and further into his role-meta-analysis tunnel.

Thank you, I just didnt want any form of confusion :)

I have to disagree, I don't see ryan as scum. He's just really dumb town. I don't think roleblocker role PMs normally mention factional kills, because it's assumed knowledge that they don't block such kills. I think he's town, and he's likely going to be killed tonight by Mafia, lynching him would be a waste.

By all means go ahead and lynch me, I'll just take a seat in part of that 95% town aligned lynch. Of course I've come up with nothing useful because there's been remotely useful about this first day. Is or is there not an Arsonist? Why won't Karla post? :( Ryan is a dead man walking that nobody should waste a protect on. What does Kallie mean to me? Natty is 3rd Party. Let's lynch Nick! No let's lynch somebody else! Day hasn't been total **** like some games in the past, but I've seen nothing remotely useful other than some questions answered by Tina and Karla posting. I ain't got leads, ain't got gut feelings. I don't care enough to make big ass posts anymore if I can't even bother to sway one person to my side.

Sloppy posting is typical of Tom as town because he sucks as town.
Thanks mate. B)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and let's not forget we still don't know how KP is determined. :)

That's a really good post Lauren. I'm switching my vote to Ryan88 for the time being.

By all means go ahead and lynch me, I'll just take a seat in part of that 95% town aligned lynch. Of course I've come up with nothing useful because there's been remotely useful about this first day. Is or is there not an Arsonist? Why won't Karla post? :( Ryan is a dead man walking that nobody should waste a protect on. What does Kallie mean to me? Natty is 3rd Party. Let's lynch Nick! No let's lynch somebody else! Day hasn't been total **** like some games in the past, but I've seen nothing remotely useful other than some questions answered by Tina and Karla posting. I ain't got leads, ain't got gut feelings. I don't care enough to make big ass posts anymore if I can't even bother to sway one person to my side.

You know if I posted this, I would be lynched in a heartbeat.

Alright, so we're looking at 5 mafia, 2-4 mermaids (there at least has to be two in my read on the situation, having been a similar role in a past game), and a usual town mixed with green and blue. But apparently, people have treasure. I know it wouldn't be smart to out your treasure but I don't have any and didn't even realize that something like that was in this game, so I'm just curious as to whether or not other people have some. Of course, it'd make sense on their part not to let me know. Either way, I believe that we've got a treasure hoarding side-game going on in this game.

A few reads. I want to do everybody by night but I'll get to the first few alphabetically.

Alice

>People who only post to give facts (cough Alice cough)

Freaking this. I get a bad vibe from Alice for this reason, because she avoided being too subjective when we were scum together in Portal (other than her jumping on the town putting town up for lynches bandwagons, if that makes sense). Instead she would sort of clarify what's going on and remain objective. I'm not going to say that her playstyle this game is exactly the same as it was in Portal, far from it, but there's something about the content of her posts so far that makes me want to keep an eye on her.

Alise

As Oath pointed out, Alise just gave a simple one liner apparently because they saw that I made a huge post and a huge post means that everyone is going to lynch Oath apparently. She was just like 'wow good post, gg oath'.

Ashtot

I'm not exactly super suspicious of him right now because he was one of the few people to pass my reaction test with flying colors, actually reading into it unlike other people. I think Yui has some really weak reasons for suspecting him and half of it just has to do with Ashtot having a big ego.

Cariad

I haven't seen too much effort from her in previous games so I don't expect much from her this game. I know part of it has to do with timezone, but other people who live across the world from me put effort into the game (Minties for example). Jellofish is on the same boat as Cariad here. For now I don't get any big scum reads from either of them, because Jellofish usually says even less when they are scum, but that's also weak reasoning on my part. I'll keep an eye on them but even if they could be mafia, I don't think they're the most dangerous one alive at the moment and if they are it will become a little more apparent later on like it does with Jellofish.

Cory

I'm voting for Superpenguin because he has been acting strangely this game.
Oh snap daddy is showing who rules the house.

Cory clearly didn't even read my post when he made that one in reaction to my case against Oath. He might as well have posted a popcorn gif and left it at that. He's not putting much effort into the game and his jumping on the SP bandwagon is just makes me feel a little more confident about that thought. He's being lazy. At the same time, I still think he's coming back from sort of being shunned by the tbt mafia community and might not be like he used to be because of that, but for now I don't get any scum reads.

C R Y S T A L

Just can't get a great read yet. Kind of aggressive towards the beginning of day one and like others have pointed out, going after easier lynch targets. Despite that, I'm not sure about them being town or mafia yet. Aside from IRC there aren't many past games to go off when it comes to Crystal having been scum.

Dolby

Not a huge read on him like always. He was reading into the situation between Oath and Sataric and actually made a post with a minimal amount of effort, but he's flying under the radar like always. He's acted this way as town before, so if anything I'll read into some of his past games later on if he's ever been mafia in one of them.

Karen

Seems town to me at the moment because they're just trying to figure out the game and are clearly reading what's going on unlike other members of town. Also a voice of reason tbh.

Karla

I was thinking that he could be scum earlier in the game, but those vibes are sort of going away with their increased activity today, which finally brings a much needed voice of reason to this town that...tbh needs it. I want to believe both you and Ryan in this case, but I also wonder why you wouldn't get a notification about being roleblocked. You criticize me for seeing it as only one way, but tbh the roleblock situation is either one thing or the other: ryan telling the truth or ryan lying. If he's lying, I honestly think that he is being directed by a scum-mate in quicktopic, because Ryan trying to pull a complicated lie just isn't him at all. However, I found it funny that you responded with

Good post dad, nothing to add to that.

I still don't buy that. There's plenty to pick apart in my post because there are a couple of hypocritical points on my part, although my reads on Oath's behavior still have merit, I'd argue. And you just seem like the kind of person who would actually attempt to.

I'll make more soon but I'm tired. To put it short while there's still time, the people who are highest up on my suspect list are alise, Alice, and Oath.

I have to disagree, I don't see ryan as scum. He's just really dumb town. I don't think roleblocker role PMs normally mention factional kills, because it's assumed knowledge that they don't block such kills. I think he's town, and he's likely going to be killed tonight by Mafia, lynching him would be a waste.

True, he is really dumb at town.. hmm but he still niggles me a little. I'll just keep my vote on him tonight and see what night brings, we should have more information after night anyway i hope.

What the heck man I don't even have an ego.

I especially suck at no PM games it's like I can't even think.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm freaking Canadian we are sarcastic as heck.

KarlaI want to believe both you and Ryan in this case, but I also wonder why you wouldn't get a notification about being roleblocked. You criticize me for seeing it as only one way, but tbh the roleblock situation is either one thing or the other: ryan telling the truth or ryan lying. If he's lying, I honestly think that he is being directed by a scum-mate in quicktopic, because Ryan trying to pull a complicated lie just isn't him at all. However, I found it funny that you responded with

I still don't buy that. There's plenty to pick apart in my post because there are a couple of hypocritical points on my part, although my reads on Oath's behavior still have merit, I'd argue. And you just seem like the kind of person who would actually attempt to.
Roleblocks themselves are never notified. You are only told you were blocked if you actually had an action that was prevented because of it. That's why I can't say if ryan was lying or not. As for whether I think he's lying or not, no I think he's telling the truth.

I admit I skimread your post and nothing stood out immediately to me. I was more focused at the time on responding to the roleblock **** that was erupting.

Oh snap, good job Lauren! After seeing that post it further makes me believe that a scum member just told ryan to claim roleblocker and say they blocked karla to take advantage of there being less kills than expected. This is also why ryan probably waited this long to say he was roleblocker.

And why do you say that?

Because the amount of people who have been on my case for not being as active or contributing as much in the first half of the day. I could never be bored or disinterested town like Tom, it could only mean I'm scum.

Back