• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Mafia TBT Mafia: Tarot [DAY 3]

does this mean we just say **** it now? and we can see what everyone's roles were?

this.
i'd really like this game to continue. justice did an amazing job with it

- - - Post Merge - - -

another host? if she wouldnt mind. i mean she put a lot of work / time into it.

they'd have to transfer everything over to someone else and take all the time to list it out. idk if they can do that while they're in the hospital. and they shouldn't be worrying about shuffling things over when they should be worrying about their health.

I think we can all agree on Tardis being scum. So I am going to focus my attention on someone I believe that is a bigger threat: Tom.
Hoo boy I was waiting for this so I made sure to read the thread before I went digging through posts for those reads you guys desperately want.

That unintentional foreshadowing though. This is the first post that I can officially file under "Things A Townie Would Never say". It's something small enough to glance over but it actually says a lot about Tom's obvious indifference since the game started.
Mmm that's me mocking Ness because he got lynched once as a blue for jumping to every little case that popped up. In retrospect yeah that looks really bad, if we lynched a power role (which we did) it really sucks but we've had games where folks tunneled the person who lead the lynch really clogging the thread up to the point where it felt like needless filler and spam, god help you if you trying changing the subject.

This is to Crys, in response to Crys saying it wouldn't be that bad if we lynched a Blue role when Panda asked why Crys would not care who was lynched. It was an entirely valid question, at a time where Crys' alignment was quite unclear, and the fact that he tried to belittle Panda for it was a really poor move to make.
That's me mocking Panda (bless her soul) for tunneling someone in a previous game who lead a lynch that led to the death of a blue. Clearly I have poor taste in TBT Mafia meta jokes. :lemon: There was a Vengeful Veteran Granny role in a recent game that might still be fresh on some minds and since they have to be lynched to use some of their abilities (shooting someone that voted for them), I didn't think it was that out of the ordinary for Crys to say that.

The second paragraph is SO AWKWARD AND FORCED JESUS that is teeth-grindingly painful. "The majority of us can only talk during the day." Dang bro thanks for that strong input, anyone know how many games Tom has played? Because I would expect a grade A useless filler line like that from someone that's playing their first ever game as scum. And by the way, Day one never HAS to be slow and stagnant, so don't let anyone tell you that. It's obviously the least likely day town will lynch scum, but all in all it can be one of the most telling days for scum.

Basic Textbook: Day one scum either feels like they don't have to try hard so they coast and filler, OR they feel like if there's enough weak town they can force town into a mislynch. Ness fell into category B, and Tom falls into category A.
Thank you I really try to aim for that Grade A filler, I like to make it fresh and local. Support local filler! Also given how I to remind some players that we couldn't speak at night, I'd argue its not as fillery as you make it to be. Pretty sure after this post of mine, Toadworthy and someone else went like "Wha?" and Panda was like read the OP.

Given how here we:
1) Lynch inactives
2) Lynch people who went afk minutes before night
3) Rarely have mafia slip Day 1

I saw no major reason to contribute majorly day one. So if scum had a roller coaster that they coasted on, I really wish Ness shared with town. :( Honestly I stopped trying with Day 1s because they always go so poorly and mafia players here contribute enough to have worthwhile discussions. Sure, I'll acknowledge part of the blame for that rests on my shoulders but I stopped doing the whole mini-essays a while ago since people would ask for tl;drs or flat out ignore them. Gotta say though your appearance really rekindles that spark in my cold cold mafia heart.

Sentence 1: Tom will probably say this is a joke, and I agree: it's so hypocritical it's comical. But I do not interpret this as an actual joke. Joke or not, it's just more useless filler and now it's contradicting filler.
Yep a joke! Come now is there no playful banter in your mafia games?

First line: "Ugh there's so much to read so I'm just skimming"

Fourth line: AYYY LOOK GUYS ITS TOMS FIRST READ ALL GAME. WOW MUCH ANALYZE. That's the laziest pocket I have ever seen in my entire life. This is just setting up so that if inkling was lynched and flipped town he could easily go after Dolby for being wrong.

Fifth line: Toms second read. I have no idea why he said this honestly. The only explanation is that he's throwing **** against the wall to see what sticks. This is in response to Heyden asking why everyone is bandwagoning on inkling. Which is quite ironic for someone that is skimming themselves. I do not think skimming is scummy, as I did it myself, since this thread was filled with one liner posts that were mostly useless.

But these are the first reads Tom makes and they both are bad. Not necessarily because they are wrong, but because if you BELIEVE inkling is town why don't you make a defense for them? Considering they obviously could not adequately do so themselves. If you BELIEVE Heyden is scum why don't you make a case for them? Considering someone you believe is town is up for lynch. Another post that is easily filed into "Things Town Would Never Say".
I skimmed because a lot of it was pronoun drama. As much I wish to refer to people with the correct pronouns, I'd rather not slog through a chunk of it trying to find something where there was nothing.

ok

Pretty sure I wasn't referring directly to a post of Heyden's there, mostly because they had posted nothing worth while at that point. I skimmed those 30 something pages yes, but I haven't skimmed it since.

Yep those are bad reads, which is why I wouldn't really consider them reads. "Oh well if Inkling flips town, Dolby is probably scum" is quite a weak argument and would not stand on two legs in a typical game of mafia. I didn't make a defense because it was still day one no? I didn't feel like Inkling would reach majority, so no immediate concern to jump to the frontlines. (Okay that's a lie looking back at the Day 1 votes so I should have spoken up, clearly I need to revisit the thread) A case against Heyden D1 would have been pathetically weak, because ultimately I'd be arguing that Heyden was hiding in the shadows as mafia! Which was not the case. It's a weak ass case that would be laughed at for days.

Typical fence-sitting scum. #justmafiathings

No mention of Heyden when directly asked who should be up for lynch. Yes it is hard for people to stand out Day one. I don't let people use that excuse though, it is only for noobietown or bad scum. If you believe someone is scum then SAY SO. Vote them, put pressure, and their REACTION will be what tells you the most. I honestly like to lynch anyone that admits to being useless, because they openly admit to being a liability to town. Typical scum will fencesit, in case you didn't know, because it is optimal for them to push for a last minute decision because it looks less scummy than pushing a mislynch on someone all day.
Sorry was that my cue where I should have lynched Cory with the rest of town? Let me go back in time so I can feel that OVERWHELMING GUILT of lynching someone who could have saved our ass and ended this Crys drama.

Again pushing a lynch for Heyden would boil to "being quieter than usual". It makes for a compelling argument!

HERE IT IS. THE MOMENT WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR. TOMS FIRST CASE GUYS. If you want to even call it that. Dolby actually has not been silent at all, he has said a lot more content-wise than Tom. All Tom did previously is fence sit and slightly imply that maybe someone is town or possibly someone is mafia.

First case would involve quotes, that's just finger pointing.

Extremely awkward way to claim: dismissing by saying "That's funny lel I'm lowly townie". And the second line- the ****?
Sorry were you hoping for a PR claim? I could try going back and redoing my claim, but then I might look as scummy as Crys. :) Second line I was beating someone like Toadworthy to the punch, because we do love our one liners here.

"The case was flawless, that's why I voted against it." and more "I'm town I'm town I'm town". But that reach at the end, wow you are getting desperate. You are better off saying that Crys is lying than saying you think you are a Drunk role, which is a pretty rarely seen role (at least on the forums I have played on).
Bandwagons feel dirty as hell and bring about no useful information. Is it reach though? We are in a closed setup game, is a Drunk really that far fetched? I mean we're willing to believe there's a Watcher, if you think about it in a balancing meta way then a drunk is good counter to prevent mafia from being slaughtered like cows besides other PRs. It's rarely used here as well.

OKEYDOKEY NOW WERE GETTING TO THE GOOD PART, buckle in kiddos. This is Toms largest post so far. And what is it? A case defending himself. I am going to number things for readability's sake.

1. So basically you:
?Had 0 opinions throughout the course of Day One
?But do not accept any of the responsibility for the mislynch of Cory?

2. ATE. Not trying to be a heartless ***** here, but I know ATE when I see it. If you are actually town and this is genuine, I'm sorry and you have my permission to call me a heartless *****. Side note, sometimes the only way to relieve depression is distracting yourself, and putting yourself to work- whether it be physical or in this case mental, personally I use playing mafia in this way occasionally.

1. This is my reasoning for my thinking below

2. Not saying you really defended Ness, but your behavior was weird about voting Tardis. You should have just jumped on the bandwagon and then made your case for Tardis on Day 3. Also, there was no defense of Ness at that point, and I would have scumread anyone that defended him easily- with the strange exception of Dolby, but I have pretty good reasoning to think that Dolby is town due to how hard Ness was trying to make it seem like Dolby was his teammate torwards the end. Has Ness be more subtle, I would doubt Dolby a lot more. But he pushed it too far.
1a) Nope nothing worthwhile forming a case for.
b) Sorry did you want me to go back to that last hour of Day 1 and jump the bandwagon/make a defense for Cory? You're starting to seem hung up on the cop death.

2a) Nah you right it's mostly ATE and excuses. I've been trying the mafia thing on off recently, but I don't feel like I'm as competent a player as I once was so I'm just going around mocking people like an ass. But I digress!

2b) Already stated I don't like bandwagons unless I'm leading the charge or feel confident enough/had a hand in it. Not knocking your abilities or anyone else's, I just naturally distrust bandwagons where practically everyone is on it. I mean if we're going to get hung up on this issue, why not take issue with Inkling's vote for Toadsy? Glad we could agree that Ness tried too hard to push Dolby though. :lemon:

Someone would have caught Tardis' slip eventually. Personally I was too distracted and determined by what was going on with Ness to actually notice what they said at all.

This bolded part, the way you voted Tardis yesterday, my number 1. in the previous part above, along with nearly everything you have said all game make me pretty confident that you are bussing Tardis and doing so to make yourself look town considering that Tardis is noob scum and slipped quite early. Bussing Tardis would actually be the most optimal decision at this point, but the way you did it along with the rest of your behavior all game was not executed well enough to pull this off. Honestly, I haven't been able to look at a single one of your posts and say "Ye this makes sense from a town perspective" because simply almost all of them do not.

Had you actually contributed to the thread prior to the Tardis events, had you not pretended like you had no part in the Cory lynch, and acted indifferent towards everything until your forced af "Oh we're ****ed gg mafia" reactions, your bus on Tardis might have actually worked here.

3. You have openly admitted to skimming most of the game, and now you are criticizing the rest of town for missing a post that was quite easy to look over. This is actually kind of funny, because you are likely the most guilty of this here

I am fine with a Tardis lynch, but I would much prefer that we lynch Tom today.
Eventually, but how soon is eventually? When we're nearing mylo or lylo?

I don't play from a town perspective in mind, I play with a scum perspective in mind. Catch scum, be scum. Honestly anyone could tell you about the dumb **** I've managed to pull off and I can tell you that claiming blue is my favorite thing to do as mafia! It's meta play I'm way aware of, but I continue to fall into that trap because goddamn I love coming up with convincing fakeclaims. Hell if I was Crys and they're not actually The Moon, I would have gone with The Chariot because that makes a little more sense in my mind as a watcher claim.

Skimming over what Day 1? I'm not town's enemy and ya'll stretching some of my words to fit your narrative.

hmu with the actions list and i can continue but it won't have flavour and role PM reveals but
hope you get well soon justice, so sorry to hear that though

they'd have to transfer everything over to someone else and take all the time to list it out. idk if they can do that while they're in the hospital. and they shouldn't be worrying about shuffling things over when they should be worrying about their health.

I think a mod can do all of this stuff

i mean obviously i'm more concerned about her health than a game. was just saying, so it doesnt have to be cancelled

I think a mod can do all of this stuff

i mean obviously i'm more concerned about her health than a game. was just saying, so it doesnt have to be cancelled

I dunno about other hosts, but a lot of things are saved locally aside from action/rolelists and obs/scum/mason/whatever chats. Either way I wouldn't bring it up

I don't think she'll be back on to transfer all that. She is in the hospital lol.

Holy **** Justice I really hope you are ok.
Sending up a lil prayer.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also justice won't be back for a while I'm assuming to see your offer heyden
pretty sure this is her last priority

Id wait for the host to reveal everything before you guys do. Don't know what they plan on doing, I'd give it time.

Back