• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Southern Hemisphere Players - are you guys also concerned about this?

They’re just going to have a blazing hot winter wonderland, it’s gonna be a look.

honestly, this is a good question.
i have a feeling they'll just add the lil christmas decorations on the trees regardless of the season.

literally also an australian here. didn't mean to make it sound like a life or death situation.. was just wondering and wanted to discuss if we will get any adjustments since its the first time southern hemisphere seasons will be in animal crossing. cheers x

hahah nah all good, i'm just surprised about the amount of (nothern hemisphere'd) AC players who can't wrap their head around having winter in june, july & august etc.
like they talk about it as if we're secluded from the outside world or something. i've been on the forums for years and it feels like it's something i've had to reiterate way too many times before, hence why i'm kinda over people like the user i was replying to above.

i'm getting too old and grumpy.

i wonder if maybe the whole 2 hemispheres thing is why they've chosen to do the events as free updates... gives them more time to makes sure both versions of the event are fully fleshed out and whatnot.

that said, having the lights on in summer would look sick as!! i want having lights on trees to be an actual feature.

No... The southern hemisphere in real life doesn't wait for July to celebrate christmas, or October to celebrate bunny day. Holidays are about the calendar date, not the weather or temperature.

Back