• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Sick Villagers

Did they change that in the update? I noticed a while ago my villagers never seemed to get sick anymore...

Did they change that in the update? I noticed a while ago my villagers never seemed to get sick anymore...

Yeah, they did. It took me awhile to notice it too, but when I realized it I was kinda bummed. Part of me hated seeing them ill, but I liked taking care of them. It made the game more immersive than it already is.

Yeah, I miss it too :( It’s sad, because they removed a LOT of unique dialogue from the game... I’ve heard people say it was to prevent sick villagers from interfering with amiibo move-ins, but I feel like they could’ve gotten around that too... maybe they could have Wisp say “oh, it looks like that villager isn’t feeling well enough to move out today” and have you pick someone else... I mean, as sad as it is to see your favorite villagers sick, it still made the game a lot more interesting, and I wish they hadn’t removed it :(

Yeah, I miss it too :( It?s sad, because they removed a LOT of unique dialogue from the game... I?ve heard people say it was to prevent sick villagers from interfering with amiibo move-ins, but I feel like they could?ve gotten around that too... maybe they could have Wisp say ?oh, it looks like that villager isn?t feeling well enough to move out today? and have you pick someone else... I mean, as sad as it is to see your favorite villagers sick, it still made the game a lot more interesting, and I wish they hadn?t removed it :(

Eng6Aw2.jpg

BTE3A0s.jpg

The sick villagers were kind of annoying because they'd be out of commission for three full days but I also miss the dialogue.The crankies really got overly dramatic about having the sniffles.Heh,I don't even know what "my cheese is baked" is supposed to mean.I tried Googling it and all I got was a bunch of mac and cheese recipes(but no spaghetti).

Oh yeah, they don’t anymore do they? I never buy medicine on my own.. usually when bees sting me I just walk around like an ogre until my villagers give me medicine. I only went out to buy it when a villager was sick :<

I only have 5 towns that are not updated. When playing one of them I have to remember to knock when I see smoke from a chimney because, even with so few towns, somebody is always sick. I carry 3 medicine bags just in case and visit the sickies on 3 consecutive days. Yep, I miss it on the WA updates but there is plenty to do to make up for it.

Omg, good to know. I kept storing medicine just in case! It's a shame they removed it! I agree with Nunnafinga, they could have made a clever way around it. Or maybe whisp having wonder medicine for insta-heal, haha. It made the game more real I think. You play a whole year, you have holidays and festivals etc. so it's realistic if villagers get sick too!

I really missed that feature. Sure, it can be a bit annoying at times but taking something out that isn't broken just isn't right. :(
HNI_0068.JPG

HNI_0081.JPG

HNI_0094.JPG

Ive only played new leaf but was bummed when i heard this feature was removed. I hope the next game puts it back, along with more dialogue. Especially crankys and snootys being meaner and sassier

I am so glad they got rid of it.
It was so annoying in Wild World.

Tasks, villagers constantly wanting to move.
If they threw sickness back into the mix, I wouldn't be playing it.

I was just telling my husband how I wanted to find an older copy of ACNL that hasn’t been updated because I miss how they would get sick.

I wasn’t aware this was taken out. Was it actually removed completely from the game, or is it just extremely rare that a villager becomes sick?

Last edited:
I wasn’t aware this was taken out. Was it actually removed completely from the game, or is it just extremely rare that a villager becomes sick?

I just hit 500 hours on my Welcome Amiibo cartridge and not one single villager was sick in that time. I believe it was totally removed.

Honestly didn't think they lowered the odds, even after the update I would have a sick Marshal or Phoebe every 2 months?

Last edited:
WAIT THEY DON'T GET SICK ANYMORE? What else am I saving medicines for? The hell.... 💀

I know it sounds funny that we're complaining that they don't get sick anymore (irl who wouldn't want that) but it makes things a little interesting as stuff gets waaay too repetitive in game.

I always think about this when I go to T&T and I remind myself not to buy any medicine XD like many others have said, I really enjoyed helping my sick villagers get healthy again. I think it was nice because it was also a part of the daily routine, just to make sure that all of your villagers were doing okay.

Back