Should we get wave 2 of Welcome Amiibo cards?

I kind of hope not...haven't completed the other 4 series yet. And I got a bit obsessed with needing to get all 50 welcome amiibo cards.
I'm not sure if that's it for new leaf now though, with a new console being released and everything.

No. They will probably bring a few of the villagers back in the new game which is scheduled to be released not too far from now. Some villagers should stay in the past.

I wonder if a new game release would be delayed because we got this update though? Seems kind of a waste to go to so much trouble with this update just to release another game so sooon afterwards

I don't think so. Each villager of wave 5 comes with a unique RV with new items so if we were to get a wave 6, new items would have to be implemented.

Nintendo is driven by profit (like any business) and will adjust availability accordingly. Gamer satisfaction will remain just a happy by-product. That may sound a little cold to those of us with a passion for the game, but it's the way it works. Heck, even Tom Nook operates on that concept.

Back