• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Shoe shine guide

Jarv156

Bells
THIS GUIDE IS NOT 100% CORRECT, IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION YOU
WOULD LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE, PLEASE POST IT AND I WILL EDIT THE MAIN POST.

In the city is a skunk called kicks, if you pay him 500 bells then you can change the colour of your shoes.
There are 20 kinds of shoes in total, 10 for boys, 10 for girls. The 10 colours you can get are:

Blue
Red
Yellow
Green
Orange
Purple
Brown
Black
White
Pink

When shining by colour you will get shoes depending on the colour of what you wear and your hair colour.
The colour with the highest % will be your shoe colour. Custom patterns won't work.

When shining by style kicks will shine the shoes on the style of the clothes you wear and your hairstyle,
it has nothing to do with colour.
Here are the shoe colours again, with the corresponding style of clothes:

Boys:
yellow/Striking
red/Cool
orange/Gaudy
green/Fancy
blue/Funky
white/Fresh
black/Refined
purple/Strange
brown/Subtle
pink/Cute

Girls:
yellow/Gaudy
red/Funky
orange/Striking
green/Fresh
blue/Cool
white/Fancy
black/Strange
purple/Refined
brown/Subtle
pink/Cute

So for example, I wear a Trenchcoat, which is Refined and shine by style, a boy should get black shoes,
girls should get purple shoes. However your hairstyle may change what shoes you receive.
The styles of all the hairstyles are shown below.

Boy:
AAA = Cool/Subtle
AAB = Strange/Funky
ABA = Cute/Fresh
ABB = Cute/Subtle
BAA = Refined/Fresh
BAB = Cool/Gaudy
BBA = Funky/Refined
BBB = Fresh/Fancy
CAA = Cool/Fancy
CAB = Strange/Striking
CBA = Gaudy/Striking
CBB = Subtle/Refined

Girl:
AAA = Cute/Cool
AAB = Cute/Strange
ABA = Funky/Fresh
ABB = Cute/Funky
BAA = Gaudy/Fancy
BAB = Subtle/Fresh
BBA = Subtle/Fresh
BBB = Cool/Refined
CAA = Gaudy/Funky
CAB = Strange/Fancy
CBA = Refined/Striking
CBB = Fancy/Striking

Your hairstyle should also be taken into account when shining by style.
As with by colour, the style with the highest % will be your shoe colour.

You can get sandals by wearing an orange shirt and orange accessories and shining by colour.
However you need to have a female character or have female shoes available to get them.
THE WHITE SHOES YOU GET FROM KICKS ARE NOT RAINBOW SHOES, THEY ARE WHITE WITH A RED AND BLUE STRIPE.

Finally, after about 20 shines kicks will let you have shoes of the opposite gender.

Hope this helps people who are stumped on how kicks works.

This topic is wrong... there are many more variants.
For example, I wear green with two white stripes.

ya i think that you can get different socks too and also i have orange shoes with pink on the bottome and also i think there might be different styles

w8 i want black shoes but i wear a fire shirt to get it (most of it is black) and yet i got the shoes blue >.<

I have blue flats.

ShoeGuide.jpg

These are only a few of the shoe styles...... :/

Lol. Those are pics if you wear "plain cloth 2" and ask for color with different color hair.

This topic is wrong... there are many more variants.
For example, I wear green with two white stripes.

They are the green male shoes, there are no variants that I know of.

Rainbow shoes are male white shoes

They are white with a red and blue stripe, not rainbow.

w8 i want black shoes but i wear a fire shirt to get it (most of it is black) and yet i got the shoes blue >.<

Never use just a shirt, wear hats as well, and change you hair colour to dark brown if you want black shoes. Finally, don't use by style.

Oh and just before I finish I'd like to say you can get sandals, I'll upload a screen shot when I get time.

Leagolas1 said:
xYoh said:
ooo i like the 5th one of males =D
what did you wear to get that i want it so bad!!!
look at the hair and also he likes it he might not have it but i have them... i wore a hat that was like a baseball cap but backwards thick glasses and also the fishbone t

reedstr16 said:
Leagolas1 said:
xYoh said:
ooo i like the 5th one of males =D
what did you wear to get that i want it so bad!!!
look at the hair and also he likes it he might not have it but i have them... i wore a hat that was like a baseball cap but backwards thick glasses and also the fishbone t
yup i just got them today!! =D and i wuz wearing

a ski mask (looks like a burglar one)
a pattern
dark brown color hair
halo
and that thing that the doctor uses for cirgury (not the circle thingy)

Back