• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Scammer Alert

Just want to worn you that there a guy trying to scam people. I found him on GameFAQs so don't trade with him if he comes here or if your over there. He username there is cartman876 and his FC is 3797 5880 6001
Don't remember his town name, just remember it started with and H. Just wanted to warn you guys of him.

I believe the throne is re-orderable, isn't it? I know it costs a lot, but at least you can get it again.

I worry about trading people the stuff you can't re-order, especially if that's your only one. Then you really completely would lose out.

Wow that's really awful. What's the point in playing this AC if you don't enjoy earning your stuff though hard work?

This is exactly why I won't allow random people to add me! I take care when adding people I think you should do the same ^.^

Watch out for a certain fox called Redd, I've heard that some of his art is worthless ;)

Last edited:
We should have a "Blacklist" which has names and FCs of scammers!

A a mod already stated, that is a very bad idea. For the most part a list such as that would just be going on he-said-she-said. Something like that could easily be abused to start drama. Like someone doesn't like another person they could easily post in a thread like that saying the person scammed them. Then the innocent person wouldn't be able to easily play games with others.

It's best to not start something like that.

No problem just don't want these thing happen to people. On the bright side I didn't really lose anything as the throne I gave him was given me be a neighbor for free. He said we was going to give me Varia suit, pants and 550,000 bells but only got the Varia Gear. He also messed with a tree don't know which one cause I don't see any change but he said there goes your tree and at that point I booted him.

Do you still need a pair of the Varia suit pants? I got a pair from the fortune cookie and probably won't end up wearing them. I don't mind helping out seeing as your were scammed by a punk.

A a mod already stated, that is a very bad idea. For the most part a list such as that would just be going on he-said-she-said. Something like that could easily be abused to start drama. Like someone doesn't like another person they could easily post in a thread like that saying the person scammed them. Then the innocent person wouldn't be able to easily play games with others.

It's best to not start something like that.

Makes sense. That would be a huge public burn book.

I guess I should mention this one:

I don't know her fc because I deleted her months ago.
あきあ (akia) of あき (aki) town.
She stole a gold rose from me and tried to cover it up by replacing the gold rose with a black rose that she took from near my house. :/
She also told me that she's 12 and lives in Arizona, so you can use that info to find out if it is her, if you see anyone with a similar town name/player name.
I met her through Club Tortimer.

I'm glad we don't have to worry about getting bricked like in Wild World.
Having to start all over in New Leaf because of some idiot would be drastic.

This is why I like to get to know people before I add them. Even if its just from their posts over the past months on a forum. I can get a pretty good idea.

Such a shame. I will most likely only play with people I have met on here, but mostly I will play with my bf.

In ACCF when inviting new people to my town several times I would have them take my hybrids and stuff. :/

A blacklist is not a good idea but just like this thread, when you have been scammed just spread the word so people can be wary of certain players.

He'll know somethings up the next time he asks someone to trade and after being persistent and offering a lot,they say no.he'll know someone knows he's a scammer ^^; People will be people...

Back