• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Rune Factory?

If I remember correctly, the Rune Factory team was hired by Marvelous after Neverland went bankrupt.
Their bankruptcy was also the only reason RF4 never made it to Europe.

Last edited:
Forbidden Magna looks interesting :)

It does. c: I'm looking forwards to it. It seems the overworld character models are going to be chibis though, but since it's on a 3DS I'd only expect as much.

So, if I've understood correctly, there is very little chance of Rune Factory 4 coming to Europe? Should I get Rune Factory 3 then? Is it also good or would RF4 be better? I'm not sure how much difference there is, but since they're on different systems (DS vs 3DS), I'm guessing the images and such might be better in RF4?

-EDIT- By the way; complete and total newbie here. I've never played this, but it looks very interesting, so I'm considering buying it.

Last edited:
So, if I've understood correctly, there is very little chance of Rune Factory 4 coming to Europe?
I would say there is no chance.

XSEED Games wrote:

Wish it was that easy as obviously everyone involved in the project would love to see it released in Europe, but it's very difficult from a technical aspect since the people closest to the code are all gone (the Forbidden Magna team does have people from Neverland, yes, but for example the main programmer for RF4 is not one of them).
March 17 at 6:33pm

Explanation in details why it's so difficult: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99968774&postcount=83

Should I get Rune Factory 3 then? Is it also good or would RF4 be better? I'm not sure how much difference there is, but since they're on different systems (DS vs 3DS), I'm guessing the images and such might be better in RF4?

-EDIT- By the way; complete and total newbie here. I've never played this, but it looks very interesting, so I'm considering buying it.
Imo, RF4 is better on many levels, but RF3 is really good and fun game anyway. As you said it has "better" graphic. They added animated cutscenes, mechanics are basically the same with some improvements of course. You can play as a female. Social part is very well developed in RF4 than any previous DS titles: lots of conversations, more (longer) events, marriage life is a way better developed, your child is no longer a robot/walking furniture, it's like a regular villager. Town events are independent, in RF3 most of events were tied to bulletin board system. Events in RF4 are random, it's a huge pain to get specific event. Marriage is also independent, no ties to story or quest system. You can finally date (7 dating spots) before marriage, ealier it was giving the ring and jumping straight into marriage (ok, it was 1 dating spot and the same event). World and dungeons are larger (in RF3 leaving the village mean almost literaly go to dungeon.) Story is longer (2 arcs) + 1 additional arc activated by event.

All hail Rune Saur, the divine plush!
tumblr_mwdgp32f0f1rp9ew1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n605gnVzFu1r36rdio1_500.png

Last edited:
Imo, RF4 is better on many levels, but RF3 is really good and fun game anyway.

Thank you for all that information and feedback; it's much appreciated. ^_^

I think I'd enjoy RF4 more, but if it's not available in Europe, that's somewhat of a problem. ~_~

I'll have to think about this, I guess. ^_^'

Im glad! :)

Too bad therr are no mulitplayer features. I can make and give you tier 3 tools and some neat weapons/items if there was :/ ^^;

aw, there isnt? I WANTED TO MOOCH GOOD ITEMS OFF OF PEOPLE LMAO
oh well. inb4 i fail the first boss battle
are there difficulty levels >_>;

aw, there isnt? I WANTED TO MOOCH GOOD ITEMS OFF OF PEOPLE LMAO
oh well. inb4 i fail the first boss battle
are there difficulty levels >_>;

YEs. I believe there's normal and hard, but I stay on normal bc I'm a wimp. \o/ I think the lack of multiplayer is actually a good thing for games like RF, as a traditional single-player story-RPG. Flying through the whole game with overpowered weapons/armor would be SO boring. I can't really see a way that an enjoyable multiplayer feature could be implemented into RF, tbh.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But obviously the most important question here is

which bachelorettes/bachelors did everyone go for? (?‿?)

Last edited:
Theres an easy setting, which im currently playing on.

As for dating ingame, im going to go for Clorica. ^^;

Theres an easy setting, which im currently playing on.

As for dating ingame, im going to go for Clorica. ^^;

It's so satisfying when your skills are finally high enough to a bachelor's/bachelorette's favorite dish. Upping my levels enough to make Tempura Rice for Doug took hella long, not to mention he's a special case whose heart level stays stuck at 3 until you beat the second arc. unu

Clorica is adorable though, she's definitely one of my favorite bachelorettes~ right after Xiao Pai and Dolce.

Last edited:
i dont know who to choose.
everyone is hot.
except for the loli and the shota???????
why are there 12 yr olds that are dateable what the ****

Just unlocked a 2nd farm field in RF 4!

Is it possible to place a new Shipping Box, Materials Rack, Compost Pot, and Fountain on the new field? Its tiring running back and forth between fields :/
Discovered I can have my captured monsters PLANT AND WATER CROPS FOR ME, HORY SHIET!!

I also figured out crafting, love cooking so far!
Yes; however, you have a furniture limit (unsure of what the number is, sorry. You can buy more of those from Blossom/Doug at the General Store.
I've beaten this game three times and have NG+ unlocked, so if you have any questions, you can either PM me here, or more efficiently, message me on Tumblr (origingiratina) or Lake Valor.

Last edited:
It's so satisfying when your skills are finally high enough to a bachelor's/bachelorette's favorite dish. Upping my levels enough to make Tempura Rice for Doug took hella long, not to mention he's a special case whose heart level stays stuck at 3 until you beat the second arc. unu

*Tch* I completely forgot about Doug's case, I almost married someone else, 'casue I was annoyed of waiting like 1,2 year for stupid event to trigger. He is great as boyfriend, but as husband idk:/ I kinda regret I didn't make Lest file (but I finally had option to play as a female), girls are more interesting and problably I would be happier with Forte, Margaret or Dolce file.

Last edited:
*Tch* I completely forgot about Doug's case, I almost married someone else, 'casue I was annoyed of waiting like 1,2 year for stupid event to trigger. He is great as boyfriend, but as husband idk:/ I kinda regret I didn't make Lest file (but I finally had option to play as a female), girls are more interesting and problably I would be happier with Forte, Margaret or Dolce file.

Doug to me was the most interesting out of the bachelors, probably because of his involvement in the plot. I actually started off with a Lest file, and decided to have a Frey file as my secondary, but I ended up playing more on Frey oops.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Same here dunno who to choose oh look Xiao Pai and Dolce are kawaii

They're my favees. <3
Also I like your icon, don't know why I didn't realize it was Tet at first??

Last edited:
Back