• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

“Retired” villagers you miss

The one retired villager that I had in both my Gamecube towns 20 years apart was Iggy. I couldn't believe they never brought him back. Justice for Iggy! My favorite goat for sure. I honestly just wish no villagers were retired, and maybe in a future game if they ever go back to 15 villagers or even 20, we'll have plenty of more options to choose from on who lives in our town.

I didn't know how many villagers were originally retired, but after a quick Nookipedia search, the ones I wish were in modern games (and therefore miss) are Rhoda the snooty chicken, Patricia the watermelon cheesecake normal rhino, and the Lingual duo of Bow and Meow, who are lazy and peppy respectively.

The one retired villager that I had in both my Gamecube towns 20 years apart was Iggy. I couldn't believe they never brought him back. Justice for Iggy! My favorite goat for sure. I honestly just wish no villagers were retired, and maybe in a future game if they ever go back to 15 villagers or even 20, we'll have plenty of more options to choose from on who lives in our town.
Love Iggy's mustache! It's a shame they let him go.
Post automatically merged:

I didn't know how many villagers were originally retired, but after a quick Nookipedia search, the ones I wish were in modern games (and therefore miss) are Rhoda the snooty chicken, Patricia the watermelon cheesecake normal rhino, and the Lingual duo of Bow and Meow, who are lazy and peppy respectively.
Love all those! I know Cece and Viche were some of the Splatoon villagers in New Leaf, but I wish they were still around too.

Betty and Belle

Betty_PG.png

Belle_PG.png

This isn't as old, but I really want Inkwell, Cece, and Vichè to come back. I was hoping they would in New Horizons but somehow we only got the Sanrio villagers.

I'm not familiar with the older cut villagers. I wonder why they were cut. Some of them had prominent features, so it can't be because they seem too plain.
They did end up re-adding a few in the last update of acnh. Maybe they will do the same for the others in future games? I hope Frett isn't locked in acnh to never leave island life.

one of my favorite villagers of all time is Woolio, he's a totally rad purple sheep so how could I not love him lol??? I have him in my Animal Forest e+ town I believe? and I really wish he would come back in a future game 😭 💜

I also love Emerald and Nosegay, absolute legends that need to return as well!
Post automatically merged:

My first game was New Leaf so I never had this villager, but Woolio looks like such a cool dude. Wish they'd bring him back!
yeah see oblivia knows what's up 👀

honestly there's so many good ones, i wish they'd bring all of them back but especially:

1671395636496.png
1671395719770.png
1671395739268.png
1671395762556.png
1671395785670.png

aziz, kit, meow, quetzal, tarou...my beloveds

Like many others, when this topic gets brought up, the first villagers I think of are Meow and Bow. I understand that their inclusion in the game was a tie-in for a Japanese only tamagotchi style toy, but think that their designs are generic enough that I feel like they could at least be changed a little bit and put into the new games. I would love to see their expressions in the New horizon style. They were just such interesting designs, and we need more robots, you still can't make a full town of robots that's a travesty.

I wish they were all in NH. It’s a shame any villager would be left behind at all.

Quetzal is the main one I want them to bring back. He was in my OG town and my best bud, so it’s a huge letdown that he’s literally never been in any game since. Nosegay and Marcie are runner ups, and I do like Dozer a lot too.

I'm not familiar with the older cut villagers. I wonder why they were cut. Some of them had prominent features, so it can't be because they seem too plain.
They did end up re-adding a few in the last update of acnh. Maybe they will do the same for the others in future games? I hope Frett isn't locked in acnh to never leave island life.
They cut a lot of villagers when going from the Gamecube to the Nintendo DS. The Nintendo DS cards were a lot more limited than GCN disks in term of content they were able to hold. It makes sense.

There were 236 villagers in the GCN Animal Crossing game, and 150 in Wild World. But, out of those 150, only 132 were returning from the previous GCN game because Nintendo introduced 18 new characters.

They started bringing back those cut villagers in the Wii game (42 returning villagers from GCN AC + brand 18 new ones). Nintendo kept bringing back cut characters with each new games while introducing new ones. So there are still a few MIA characters from the first N64-GCN crop : 67 villagers (from AC GCN), and 10 (from ACNL : Welcome amiibo) if I am to believe this list : https://nookipedia.com/wiki/List_of_villagers

But, if we follow the trend in ACNH, I think there are a lot more chances Nintendo brings back old MIA villagers from AC GCN than the tacky, gimmicky villagers from ACNL Welcome amiibo (like Viché, Ganon, Epona, and al.)

Back