• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

“Retired” villagers you miss

QueenCobra

Lights, camera, ovaries!
Bells
I was watching a KayDaisy video where she played a used Animal Crossing game (the original from 2001), and she said she didn’t understand why Betty (a chicken villager) got cut from the newer games. The more I thought about it, the more I realized— a lot of the “cut” villagers were kinda cute! Who do you miss from the older games?

I haven't played the original/GameCube AC, but I have seen a few of the 'cut' villagers. A lot of them are adorable, I really wanna see Pierre and Tarou make a return. ; ;
Apparently they're both only in Animal Forest e+, so even if I did play the GameCube AC I still wouldn't have either as a villager. 😭
1663810936855.png
1663811200484.png

And I'm sure a lot of people can agree on this, but I want Bow and Meow to be brought back as well.
1663811101523.png
1663811111264.png

I love KayDaisy videos!! Anyways I miss alot of the villagers! One of my favorites because of the cute simplistic design, which I dont know if many people know of is Emerald! Sadly though so many villagers are similar so she may not be needed :( I also miss Carrot! I never had any of these villagers but they seem really cute and maybe I can get to know them and they would be really nice and live in my town :)

I LOVED MEOW AND BOW!!!

I'm new to AC so I don't have nostalgia for the cut villagers, but there are so many villagers that I'm just baffled as to why they were let go 😭

My #1 choice would be Tarou the jock wolf! As much as I love them, there's a serious lack of personality variety in the wolves; no lazy, jock, or sisterly wolves! Tarou would help fix that, even if just by a little 🥲

Others would be:
Megumi the peppy dog - SHE'S SO CUTE why cut her?? Maybe it's cause we already have a pink peppy dog villager (Cookie)? I would not complain one bit if they brought her back, she's adorable 😭
Poko the jock bear cub - this little one is supposedly Ike's son!! How could Nintendo do Ike dirty like that and cut his own son out 😭 😭 I get there's not much practicality in having essentially a mini version of the exact same villager, but the lore is so cute I don't care; reunite Ike with his son Nintendo! 🥺
Quetzal the jock eagle - he's so cool looking! I love the Native American influence behind his design; I maybe understand why he was cut, to avoid making stereotypes/caricatures, but if not done in a degrading fashion I think he'd be an awesome villager in the current day lineup (his catchphrase also makes me laugh lol)
And of course Bow and Meow are also very popular choices, and for good reason! I'd love to see them revived one day

These are off the top of my head and I'm sure there's others, but just to name a few!

I just really want Sunny and Emerald in New Horizons...
Also I think Woolio looks pretty cool I guess
I haven't play the older animal crossing games so..
I haven’t either. New Horizons is my first game, but since I got interested in the series, I found out there was a lot of “cut” villagers!
Sunny and Emerald are adorable. 💕 I also love Woolio’s 80s rocker look. From what I’ve found, Huggy and Rhoda are cute and would fit right into the newer games. I also like Flossie, Belle, Betty, Rollo, Wolf Link, Liz, Carrot, Carmen, Cupcake, Quetzal, Champ, Twirp, Hank, and Verdun. Poko is also a sweet honeybun and I’d love to see him with his father Ike. 😊 (Not fair that Chrissy and Francine are the only paired villagers in New Horizons!) I don’t like Sue E., but love the name, as “sooey” is used to call for pigs. Kit is such a precious squirrel bb. 😭

Last edited:
I haven’t either. New Horizons is my first game, but since I got interested in the series, I found out there was a lot of “cut” villagers!
Sunny and Emerald are adorable. 💕 I also love Woolio’s 80s rocker look. From what I’ve found, Faith and Huggy (koalas) are cute and would fit right into the newer games. I also like Flossie, Belle, Betty, Rollo, Liz, Carrot, Carmen, Cupcake, Quetzal, Champ, Twirp, Hank, and Verdun. Poko is also a sweet honeybun and I’d love to see him with his father Ike. 😊 (Not fair that Chrissy and Francine are the only paired villagers in New Horizons!) I don’t like Sue E., but love the name, as “sooey” is used to call for pigs. Kit is such a precious squirrel bb. 😭
Oh! I also forgot to mention these other favorites:
--Filly
--Splatoon villagers (Inkwell, Cece, and Viche)
--Pigleg (the pig pirate)

Last edited:
Holden, the jock hamster, is also a cutie and should make a comeback. I love his red and gold color scheme…and his eyes are precious and babylike. 😭 I think he was exclusive to Japan, but either way, he deserves a spot in the newer games.

I haven't played any of the older AC games, but of the retired villagers, Aziz is definitely one I'm hoping makes a comeback! There's already so few lion villagers, and he has a really cool design. I love the blue mane! Jubei is another good retired lion.

Other favorites of mine would be Sven (the elderly villagers are so cute and I wish we had more ;; ) and Pigleg just because he's a pirate, and assembling a pirate crew in your game sounds like a fun idea. I like Masa and Tarou's designs too—and it's especially a shame that Tarou was cut, since we don't have any jock wolves without him. There's also Poko, who isn't one of my favorites design-wise, but I still want him to come back just so he can be reunited with his dad.

I’ve lost dozens of villagers on my New Leaf town because I forgot to play daily. The one that hurts the most is Coco. Playing that game is just not the same without her in my town.

I really like Champ and Tarou, but I’m not sure when to consider a villager fully retired. There were instances when a villager was removed, and eventually returned.

i’ve never played the original animal crossing, so i haven’t met many of the older/‘retired’ villagers aside from the ones that were brought back in new leaf/new horizons. a few of my favourites were brought back (ex. ace), but out of the ones who weren’t, i miss bow the most. he looks so adorable, i’m sad i never got to meet him lol. i know the odds of him returning are slim to none, but a girl can dream. :’))

E0931A12-A7A6-4E41-B51D-42C61B213294.png

i also love and miss sunny, pierre, tarou, analogue, megumi, meow, carrot, patricia, poko, dozer, tiara, weldon, koharu and lulu (anteater). i’m lowkey surprised the first 3 haven’t been brought back, since they seem to be a few of the more popular ‘retired’ villagers. i hope they all come back one day. an animal crossing game with every villager that’s ever existed in it is honestly a dream lol.

I like Sunny and Carrot the most out of the cut villagers. I also used to be good friends with Aziz on my save file, but I do understand why he was retired.

Back