• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Question for those with 2 ACNL copies

Berrymia

Team Bulbasaur
Bells
Switch
6605-4940-9211
Yellow Candy
New Horizons Token
Spring Sakura
Tasty Cake
White Violet
So, lately I?ve been obsessed with ACNL again! So much that I kind of want to start another town without deleting my current one. And I?m not even done with my first copy, not at all haha! But I like the idea of a different layout and different villagers. And I?m sooo inpatient so I thought: in one town I?m allowed to time travel and in the other I try to play real time xD

So my questions for those with two copies: do you like having two? Where do you see the advantages? Would you do it again? Or does your second town gets neglected? What was the reason you bought another one?

If you own only one copy: feel free to share your opinions too! x

I love having two, but I definitely pay more attention to one than the other. For me the advantages are being able to transfer items from one town to another, having two very distinct themes to be able to play in, being able to still get certain badges I otherwise wouldn't, like the weeding badge (not turning off beautiful town ordinance in my first town, ever!), and being able to have twice as many villagers, haha. I also picked up a second 3ds though so I could visit each town with the other character, but even if I just had the one ds I'd still want my second town just so I could have two themes going on.

I also love having two. I do what you suggested and I TT in one town and play the other day by day. I enjoy both equally and devote a proper amount of time to both, but I do play the TT town more, especially after I have done everything in my regular town for the day. It's nice, and having the new layout, fruit and villagers gives me a nice bit of variety. I highly recommend it.

Wait! I literally just bought my second game just a few hours ago and for the same reason hahaha I'd time travel on this second one and make it a cycling town. I'll still play more on my main town though, this one would be just for fun. I wanna be able to experiment & stuff. I get so serious sometimes with my main town that I forget to just be silly, because of repercussions. I'd say for the price, the game is definitely worth buying again. I can see why other people here have multiple games even.

I'm currently resetting until I get a decent looking town & starting villagers I'd like. I really got lucky with my previous town. Now, I get so picky even though it'll be just a cycling town.

My Reason For having 2 Was To Start A New Town With A New Layout, Name, Theme, ECt. The Reason Why I Didn't Want To Start Over Was Because I Wanted To Keep The Same House Furniture (Spent A Lot Of Time And Money Collecting Them). The Challenge Is Getting The Right Public Work Projects.

But, there isn’t a way to transfer the things from one copy to Another right? You’d need another 3DS no? I’d live to transfer between two towns but without someone who holds the stuff it seems impossible, or is there an option?

ya that is a challenge. My benefit is that i have a 3ds and a new 2ds so can transfer. got the 2ds because 3ds screens are not that strong but still works

ya that is a challenge. My benefit is that i have a 3ds and a new 2ds so can transfer. got the 2ds because 3ds screens are not that strong but still works

How nifty haha. it sucks tho, that you can't transfer without another handheld. I love ACNL and ok, I just spent 20 bucks on another copy but I'm def. not getting another 3DS hahaha my love has borders xD

I currently have 23 cartridges and only 2 are blank. Yes, I know that seems ridiculous but it's my only vice. Well, that and buying every DS special edition I see. Back on topic, it's a real help to have two DSs to hold/transfer/experiment. See Quill's post above. Edit: Oops! Found two more new ones. Make that 25 with 4 blank...I really should get organized!

Last edited:
I currently have 23 cartridges and only 2 are blank. Yes, I know that seems ridiculous but it's my only vice. Well, that and buying every DS special edition I see. Back on topic, it's a real help to have two DSs to hold/transfer/experiment. See Quill's post above.

No way, 23!!? Wow! Do you play every town every day? I'm curious, pls tell me more about your 23 towns! :)

I have one copy of my own and two other copies I play on (they’re my sister and brother’s, so not technically mine—but they minus well be). I love having multiple copies. There’s a whole bunch to do on all of them.

In Komorebi, I’ve pretty much completed all the landscaping, PWPs, neighbors, and character houses to my liking. For Nugget, it is landscaped for the most part, but I’d still like to get a few more PWPs. The neighbors and character houses are all set though :>. Now, I’ve been working on my brother’s town, Hayfon, and it’s been fun since he has different PWPs from my two other towns.

Overall, I’d say it’s useful to have a 2-4 copies of ACNL for whatever you want to do (if you have the money to splurge on extras). You can do a whole bunch of things with more cartridges. Also, I Time-Travel in all my towns; I just make sure to be careful.

I currently have 23 cartridges and only 2 are blank. Yes, I know that seems ridiculous but it's my only vice. Well, that and buying every DS special edition I see. Back on topic, it's a real help to have two DSs to hold/transfer/experiment. See Quill's post above.

Yeah, I can't even say that I have two DS's because I just love AC thaaaat much... the truth is my first 3ds I bought secondhand because I was a Zelda collector's edition, and then when the the New XL came out in North America it turned out that I simply *needed* the OTHER Zelda collector's edition. So now I have two black and gold 3DS's, which I only ever use to play Animal Crossing. I swear I'm super frugal in pretty much every other area of my life, lmao

Yeah, I can't even say that I have two DS's because I just love AC thaaaat much... the truth is my first 3ds I bought secondhand because I was a Zelda collector's edition, and then when the the New XL came out in North America it turned out that I simply *needed* the OTHER Zelda collector's edition. So now I have two black and gold 3DS's, which I only ever use to play Animal Crossing. I swear I'm super frugal in pretty much every other area of my life, lmao

YOU GUYS PLS STOP or I find an excuse to buy another 3DS (it's not that I already checked prices, cough cough). It's just that the left stick is broken and...a "New 3DS XL" would be so nice :c But I think the 3DS won't get any support in the future now that the switch gets more and more support...hmmm....:confused:

YOU GUYS PLS STOP or I find an excuse to buy another 3DS (it's not that I already checked prices, cough cough). It's just that the left stick is broken and...a "New 3DS XL" would be so nice :c But I think the 3DS won't get any support in the future now that the switch gets more and more support...hmmm....:confused:

Yeah I'm concerned about that too ;-; The 3ds is my favourite console so far, and I've been playing since the SNES so that's saying something. I'm sure eventually we'll get a family Switch but I'm really dreading the day the 3DS becomes obsolete

Yeah I'm concerned about that too ;-; The 3ds is my favourite console so far, and I've been playing since the SNES so that's saying something. I'm sure eventually we'll get a family Switch but I'm really dreading the day the 3DS becomes obsolete

Hey, same, kind of! I played since Game Boy Color and I'm in love with Ninty handhelds! I own a switch and like playing games on it but AC for me is def. a handheld game; and the switch for me is to heavy to play it in that mode. I've never played AC on Game Cube so I don't know what it's like on a console, but I prefer carrying it around (and play in bed, haha).
Anyways, I really hope Ninty will release a new handheld...with a new AC...one can dream, right?

I added a 2nd town for online friends to visit. My main town was off limit to visitors.
Early on I borrowed a family 3DS and transferred items once a month. Later I got another 3DS for a very good price during a store celebration sale. You could ask on this board to drop your items, switch the cartridges and than pick your items up right away.

I'm making some of my spare towns that just grew perfect fruit/weeds in to casual towns. I like playing when/time I want. Not worried about losing villagers since i have cards if I want to add them back. The casual towns are so much fun to play in.

Yep, Q, that's where it started for me. Saw the gold Zelda with A Link Between Worlds at Best Buy (memory fails as to exactly when) and had to have it. That put me on the slippery slope to grabbing every special, and plain, 'DS' I've come across. Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, Game Stop, Lukie, etc must love me...At first, it was meh, then I discovered New Leaf (can't recall exactly when) and it's been a fun ride ever since...Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! EDIT: Also, as you can see, I discovered this place on 17 October '16 and have enjoyed mingling with a lot of very nice people.

Last edited:
No way, 23!!? Wow! Do you play every town every day? I'm curious, pls tell me more about your 23 towns! :)

No. Time and energy would not permit that much NL time. I mix them up and play a couple here, there and when whenever I want to get out of the July rains. I do, however, play the town of 2018 every day without fail. That's because someone suggested an annual village back last December so I started 2018 on 1 January 2018 with Mayor January to see how that would work for me and, so far, so good. Never miss Redd, Gulliver, Gracie, Katrina, Shrunk or anyone else. Added a second resident in April named, of course, April. Also, July moved in recently to be followed by the only male, October. As has been mentioned by others, some towns are used for storage, temporary or otherwise and there's one that has been used for growing weeds. It's also a good way to have a jungle of one type of perfect fruits but that gets tedious really fast...With multiple copies, the possibilities are endless. I do have my original village and some other towns that are protected and permanent. I keep a written record of each town so I know exactly 'when' each one is in 2016/17/18. Somethin' to do...

No. Time and energy would not permit that much NL time. I mix them up and play a couple here, there and when whenever I want to get out of the July rains. I do, however, play the town of 2018 every day without fail. That's because someone suggested an annual village back last December so I started 2018 on 1 January 2018 with Mayor January to see how that would work for me and, so far, so good. Never miss Redd, Gulliver, Gracie, Katrina, Shrunk or anyone else. Added a second resident in April named, of course, April. Also, July moved in recently to be followed by the only male, October. As has been mentioned by others, some towns are used for storage, temporary or otherwise and there's one that has been used for growing weeds. It's also a good way to have a jungle of one type of perfect fruits but that gets tedious really fast...With multiple copies, the possibilities are endless. I do have my original village and some other towns that are protected and permanent. I keep a written record of each town so I know exactly 'when' each one is in 2016/17/18. Somethin' to do...

Thank you for letting me know! I really enjoy learning how others play the game! C:

I love having two, but when i get behind it can be overwhelming. But its definitely great to have two once your first town has started to wrap up. It keeps me busy. Ill probably get another one down the road. But i could not handle playing more than two at a time lol. Idk how ppl manage 4 + towns! But yes, i love my two towns. Kept the game alive for me

Back