• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Puzzle League and Desert Island Escape question

Neocmiri

Bells
Orange (Fruit)
Red Cosmos
Ruby
Pink Hybrid Lily
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
I've recently been trying to play these games to get the items from them, having not played for a while. The first game of Puzzle League, I unlocked Score Attack and got over 5000 points, cleared up to 9 blocks at a time and chained 5, yet got NONE of the items.

Is there something I'm missing? I'm hoping it wasn't required to get mail from Nintendo through Spotpass to get the items at all because I'm pretty sure Spotpass isn't a thing anymore.

I can't play Puzzle League.

I don't understand it. :(

I LOVE Desert Island Escape though. ^_^

I've recently been trying to play these games to get the items from them, having not played for a while. The first game of Puzzle League, I unlocked Score Attack and got over 5000 points, cleared up to 9 blocks at a time and chained 5, yet got NONE of the items.

Is there something I'm missing? I'm hoping it wasn't required to get mail from Nintendo through Spotpass to get the items at all because I'm pretty sure Spotpass isn't a thing anymore.
Do you what item you were expecting? I got this list of results when looking up "fairy" on moridb:

http://moridb.com/items/search?category=&q=fairy&obtained=&interior=&fashion=

The items show up in your mail the next day! I got some items from puzzle league yesterday through the mail!

I got them from Desert Island Escape the same day.

Just save, quit and reload after you've finished playing.

The Nintendo mail will be there.

I got them from Desert Island Escape the same day.

Just save, quit and reload after you've finished playing.

The Nintendo mail will be there.

I already do this, and nothing. Maybe the items just don't exist in EU versions of the game?

EDIT: So somehow I managed to get this. Its not the 3DS station as I'm having issues chaining beyond 2, but MoriDB is right and I got this and the Flower Fairy dress in one go. So despite previous thought (and the fact I didn't get the floor or wall), the items are in EU versions as well.

Attachments

• v8DfjA4.jpg
    v8DfjA4.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
In Puzzle League, there are a few more items that can be obtained by progressing a bit through Story Mode, then completing it on standard difficulty as well of the harder one.
Ah, and there's one more that can be obtained by performing a chain that clears 5 blocks at once, according to MoriDB. If that data is wrong, then I suppose you could try performing a chain that eliminates 10 blocks in one fell swoop.

In Puzzle League, there are a few more items that can be obtained by progressing a bit through Story Mode, then completing it on standard difficulty as well of the harder one.
Ah, and there's one more that can be obtained by performing a chain that clears 5 blocks at once, according to MoriDB. If that data is wrong, then I suppose you could try performing a chain that eliminates 10 blocks in one fell swoop.

the item I want comes from getting a combo of 5. The most I've achieved is 4, it seems impossible to get 5 combo chains. Doesnt help the only guides I can find are for Pokemon Puzzle League which is beyond useless.

the item I want comes from getting a combo of 5. The most I've achieved is 4, it seems impossible to get 5 combo chains. Doesnt help the only guides I can find are for Pokemon Puzzle League which is beyond useless.

Most of the Puzzle League basics told for Pok?mon Puzzle League should apply in the Animal Crossing version of it as well. It's just that the cursor in this game moves a bit more sluggishly than the SNES and N64 version, so that might be part of reason why you're struggling on achieving chains.

Since it seems you're confusing between combos and chains, I'll explain what each of the term actually means in Puzzle League, regardless of the version you're playing.

A combo is done by clearing more than 3 matching color blocks at once. A combo of 4 is 4 matching blocks, a combo of 5 is 5 matching blocks, and so on.

A 2x or higher chain is achieved by clearing at least 3 matching blocks, in a way that leads to another set of blocks being cleared.

Most of the Puzzle League basics told for Pok?mon Puzzle League should apply in the Animal Crossing version of it as well. It's just that the cursor in this game moves a bit more sluggishly than the SNES and N64 version, so that might be part of reason why you're struggling on achieving chains.

Since it seems you're confusing between combos and chains, I'll explain what each of the term actually means in Puzzle League, regardless of the version you're playing.

A combo is done by clearing more than 3 matching color blocks at once. A combo of 4 is 4 matching blocks, a combo of 5 is 5 matching blocks, and so on.

A 2x or higher chain is achieved by clearing at least 3 matching blocks, in a way that leads to another set of blocks being cleared.

I'm not confusing them, as you can see by my earlier photo, I'm aware which is which now. The 3DS Shelf comes from clearing away 10 or more blocks in a single move, while the 3DS Station is getting 5 single clears (or combos) in a row. Its this one I'm having difficulty with, because as you said, the cursor moves slowly, which gives more than enough time for the combo counter to reset to 0.
The most I've achieved is a chain of 4, just one short of the 5 required at a minimum for the 3DS Station. Its infuriating.

I'm not confusing them, as you can see by my earlier photo, I'm aware which is which now. The 3DS Shelf comes from clearing away 10 or more blocks in a single move, while the 3DS Station is getting 5 single clears (or combos) in a row. Its this one I'm having difficulty with, because as you said, the cursor moves slowly, which gives more than enough time for the combo counter to reset to 0.
The most I've achieved is a chain of 4, just one short of the 5 required at a minimum for the 3DS Station. Its infuriating.

Well, the best advice I could give you in this version is organizing the stack of blocks in favor of 5+ consecutive chains or higher, without relying too much on intervening while the chains are forming. I tend to prefer lining 3 colored blocks horizontally in the lower part of the play area, with a high stack of blocks. It seems much easier for me to rack up chains that way, but you aren't definitely limited to that method.

Of course, it'll take quite a lot of practice to get the gist of creating multiple chains, which is pretty much the basis of scoring and sending more garbage in Puzzle League.

Back