• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

[PSA] Ver 2.0.4 Update - You Can Now Completely Remove Unwanted Villager Clothing From Their Wardrobe

Rosch

the best loaf
Ha-Cha!
Bells
The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2022 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Animal Crossing New Horizons recently received a small update - version 2.0.4
While it is only a small one, it has some notable additions:
  • !!! A gyroid fragment have a 30% chance of washing ashore at your beach each day, regardless of weather. This is not a glitch.
  • You can now completely remove unwanted villager clothing by complaining to Isabelle, as long as the villager is currently wearing it.
  • The rest of the zodiac figurines are now available as well. Previously we only had the Zodiac Ox and Zodiac Tiger figurine.
  • In addition to the 4 lucky items, Katrina can now gift you the zodiac figurines if you asked her to perform purification after getting bad luck.
  • The Nooklings now only tell you about Nook Friday one time.
  • In some places, dialogue will now never repeat twice in a row.

Fixed Issues
  • Fixed an issue where the ”ladder set-up kit” could disappear when the game was saved with the “ladder set-up kit” placed on the diagonal cliff on the third tier of a cliff formation.
  • Fixed an issue where under ”Seasonal Recipes” for DIY recipes, the ”maple-leaf rug” and “frozen floor tiles” were not being displayed under the appropriate seasons.
  • Other fixes have also been made for more enjoyable gameplay.

Fixed Issues related to DLC
  • Fixed an issue where facility members wearing clothing that uses Custom Designs appear to not be wearing any clothing.
  • Fixed an issue in ”Showroom”, where uploading player’s facilities after visiting another player’s facilities resulted in members of player’s facilities appearing as island residents that visited the facilities.
  • Other fixes have also been made for more enjoyable gameplay.

Last edited:
!!! A gyroid fragment have a 30% chance of washing ashore at your beach each day, regardless of weather. This is not a glitch.
As a huge Gyroid fan, this made my day. A good reason for me to check more often the beach now (aside from the recipes in bottles and Gulliver).

Otherwise, nice that the other zodiac figurines are now available too.

Learned something new...

Apparently, Katrina can now gift you the zodiac figurines if you asked her to perform purification after getting bad luck.

Thanks for recompiling the info and sharing your findings!! 🤩. Super duper useful!!

Learned something new...

Apparently, Katrina can now gift you the zodiac figurines if you asked her to perform purification after getting bad luck.
I have yet to get bad luck. If I recall correctly, there's an item (or more?) that she gives you after her performs purification, right?

I didn't expect to get any more new items. It is pretty cool they added the zodiac stuff.
Do we know if finding gyroids after it rains on your island is tied to the in game luck system or not? I see in this post that the fragments showing on the shores of your beach is not. It is just a flat rate of 30% regardless of weather.

I am still not sure how I feel about the gyroids though. I've been finding two gyroids at a time after it snows on my island so far after the initial time I had none. We are guaranteed a fragment from the Kapp'n islands. And you can only go on those boat tours once a day. You can also find islands of a different season to your own island after you have experienced the season on your own island first. Now we have them showing up on the beach shores of our island. I feel like it takes away from Kapp'n islands some. Like the fragments on his islands was the one reason why I was going on them. I guess I will just save them for supplies now since they are cheaper than the nook mile islands.

I am sorry if this sounds whiny but, I feel like the gyroids need to be nerfed a bit now. Maybe finding just one after it rains or allowing people to find two after it rains but it isn't guaranteed and is luck based. If it is already that way just let me know because I am thinking it isn't for how many times I have been finding two at a time after it snows. Or I even fancy the idea of having to water gyroid fragments with a watering can more than just once. A watering can isn't equivalent to rain imo. So at least it takes time to "get" your gyroid if we are going find them/fragments frequently.

You can now completely remove unwanted villager clothing by complaining to Isabelle, as long as the villager is currently wearing it.

You can double-check that villager's wardrobe afterwards if you want to be sure (assuming they have any form of dresser/fridge at home).

Previously, no matter how much you complain, they will still wear it on other days. Apparently, this update fixed it. Took them long enough.

You can now completely remove unwanted villager clothing by complaining to Isabelle, as long as the villager is currently wearing it.

You can double-check that villager's wardrobe afterwards if you want to be sure (assuming they have any form of dresser/fridge at home).

Previously, no matter how much you complain, they will still wear it on other days. Apparently, this update fixed it. Took them long enough.
Oh my god finally! I don't know why this took so long but man it was so annoying trying to get rid of the clothing they were wearing. I can't believe I'm saying this despite how many times I was hard on Isabelle, but she is a lot more better and useful than she was when the game first came out last year.

Now I can finally get rid of Butch's monocle and pink towel abomination. Thank you for this bit of info Rosch!

It's insane that it took them almost two years to figure this out. Like how is that even possible lol.

I'm so excited that I can get rid of bad clothing choices! I recently gave Bill the duck a berry red athletic jacket I thought would look great on him, but actually matches his red coloring so exactly it looks like he's not wearing anything at all. When I was getting that shirt I was thinking, "I don't know, there's a reason I don't give out clothes..but it would be so perfect...." it took me days to convince myself to give it to him. And then once I did I was like, "NO, what have I done?!" Of course he wears it constantly. Now that shirt's days are numbered. But now that I can get rid of bad clothing, I may even dare to experiment with clothes a bit with other villagers.

Those zodiac figures are really cool, I'm excited they're adding more. I don't time travel, so I would never have gotten most of them if Katrina wasn't giving them out. And another chance at a gyroid fragment is great, too. I guess there are still going to be small updates that make me happy, after all.

Last edited:
I have been suffering seeing Axel wear a nurse jacket for MONTHS I am so relieved at this 😭 now I am actually ready to catch him wearing it 🕵️‍♀️

Back