Pokémon Gen 5 Tournament (Sign up inside)

AndyB

Retired Staff
Bells
Cherry (Fruit)
1wwqF.png

Welcome to next big Pok?mon tournament on TBT. Now I know that previous attempts at mass Pok?mon battles haven't been too successful, but this is different. Rather than a gym leader challenge, this is a straight up tournament.
Depending on the number of players, this will determine the number of brackets. Winners will progress to the next round until a Champion is crowned. Who will get some kind of prize, probably Bells.
The games that this will focus on will be Pok?mon Black and White. Now, B2 and W2 are out in Japan and those that are lucky enough to have an imported copy are welcome to join.. just be sure you understand it. It'll help.
These are the rules that'll be in place for the tournament, if you're found to be breaking any you will be disqualified and a mark against your name for future tournaments.
When both combatants are added and are ready to battle, connect to the WFC and set up for a battle with these settings-
  • Battle Format: Single Battle
  • Battle Rule: Flat rules
  • Wonder Launcher: Off
This means that the battles will be a 3v3 at Level 50. Pok?mon will be scaled down to 50, not up! So having a team of 6 is recommended as you'll have a larger pool to pick your team from. If you wish to only have 3, that's down to you.

Additional rules-
  • No team to contain two of the same Pok?mon
  • No two Pok?mon to hold the same item.
  • No Pok?mon to have the moves "Double team" and "Minimize".
  • No team to consist of any Banned Pokemon.
Arceus (All forms)
Blaziken (Speed Boost)
Darkrai
Deoxys (All forms)
Dialga
Excadrill (Sand Rush)
Garchomp
Giratina (All forms)
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Lugia
Manaphy
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin (Sky form)
Thundurus
Zekrom
To sign up all you have to do is post that you want in and your Friend Code. You have until Saturday 8th, 6PM EST to sign up and make your team, Sunday the brackets will be released and from then on it'll be 3 days to complete your battles. After that a day rest and brackets to be updated.
Now, one of the main reasons previous attempts failed were because hardly anyone had their teams ready. The game have been out long enough, so there shouldn't be much of a problem. If you fail to have your team ready and you've signed up, too bad.
Both parties will need to announce who won in the thread. Failure to show will result in conceding the match.
AndyB- 1507 2997 0530
Prof Gallows- 4599 5825 9012
Rover AC- 2022 3802 8301
Bacon Boy- 5329 0786 2352
Kaiaa- 3052 9804 1962
Jackal- 0819 3207 2253
Fretless- 3568 8907 6249
Krael42- 3225-1170-9788
There may be more tournaments in the future, it all comes down to how this one goes. Here are the brackets!
1pTsS.png
You have until Friday 14th to complete your matches and fill in the results. If all matches are complete before then, we may start the next round early.
One extra thing, if you don't wish to talk via the game's chat (which is pretty terrible), there is always the IRC to use. If you wish to turn chat off, just press the X button to turn it off.
Good luck to everyone, have some great battles.

Last edited:
Also want to mention that I'll be recording my battles with the VS Recorder. If anyone else would like to do this it would be nice, so that we can watch the battles everyone had. But it's not mandatory, just optional.

I don't do pokemon battles with friends often since afterwards I feel so lame.
*sighs abit* Sorry but I'll have to pass.

It's okay. I just wish other people would get interested.

If we could get this league going, and it worked out great and enough people participated we would do a lot more events like this.

I'll participate. Lucy: 2022-3802-8301

Also, I notice Mew and Kyurem are not on the Banned Pokemon list. Did you miss them out or are they not restricted?

Last edited:
Andy might have missed it. All legendary pokemon are banned.

Again, if this league goes well there will be more events in the future that Andy and myself will hold.
If it goes really well, I'll start to give out special prizes such as shiny pokemon or other rare things in the games. [size=-10]my shiny pokemon are legit, as well. I spend a lot of time finding them.[/size]

Not all Legendaries are banned, I've banned Ubers. Now a particular set of Mew can be considered uber, however Mew and Kyurem are OU. Which means they're legal.

Also, this isn't so much a league, it's just the image was the only decent one that was found. This is just a tournament.

My Mew is level 100 with a Sassy nature. Would that be considered "Uber"?

Having a particular nature wont make it Uber necessarily. But the Uber sets for Mew don't use Sassy.
Only thing I will say is, even though some are allowed... I'd rather people didn't relay on them.

Also, it doesn't matter if anything is level 100. The battles are having them scaled down anyway.

Having a particular nature wont make it Uber necessarily. But the Uber sets for Mew don't use Sassy.
Only thing I will say is, even though some are allowed... I'd rather people didn't relay on them.

Also, it doesn't matter if anything is level 100. The battles are having them scaled down anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up :) I might use Mew... but I don't think I'll be dependent on him.

Mew isn't overly powerful.

As long as they aren't on the uber list it should be okay. When we have more tournaments we'll probably do a no legendary one.

I was thinking earlier on, that in the future we could do some Little Cup tournaments. (Level 5/First evolution Pok?mon) Double battles too. There are plenty of different types we could go with. Any other that stand out?

I restarted my US White version (couldn't find my JP Black version) in preparation for BW2. I'm not that far into the game yet, I barely got past Striaton City. I'm going to add Excadrill to my team. Are Excadrill banned entirely, or just those with the ability Sand Rush? I'll probably join once my Pokemon get over Lv. 50 (and if my dear Excadrill is accepted). I've never been in a tournament or played competitively before.

Also, what's "uber"?

I would really love to join, but Pokemon has kinda got boring for me now... Its really fun, but after playing it a second time I feel really bored.

I may get W2 so I might consider joining this cool league.

I'm going to add Excadrill to my team. Are Excadrill banned entirely, or just those with the ability Sand Rush? I'll probably join once my Pokemon get over Lv. 50 (and if my dear Excadrill is accepted). I've never been in a tournament or played competitively before.

Also, what's "uber"?
Yeah that's correct, as long as it doesn't have Sand Rush it's allowed.

As for What Uber is-
From bulbapedia said:
The Uber tier is effectively a banlist for OU, however this does not mean it is not, or cannot be used. Pok?mon in the Uber tier are deemed too powerful or centralizing to be used fairly among other Pok?mon.

This isn't to be taken too seriously, it's for fun more than anything. Only thing is, I want all sign ups to be done by Saturday 8th. If you can't make it in for that, I'm sure I'll be doing another tournament.

I can't wait to do this!

Kaiaa: 3052 9804 1962

I would really love to join, but Pokemon has kinda got boring for me now... Its really fun, but after playing it a second time I feel really bored.

I may get W2 so I might consider joining this cool league.

It's not really a league. This is a tournament. Just one. A league would consist of multiple tournaments leading up to a final one.

I do believe the logo is being fixed, sorry for the confusion. That was my fault. lol

It's not really a league. This is a tournament. Just one. A league would consist of multiple tournaments leading up to a final one.

I do believe the logo is being fixed, sorry for the confusion. That was my fault. lol
Oh, OK XD
I will prob end up buying the game, just not on the launch.

Back