• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Place your random thoughts.

Most of the problems in my life are caused by the same thing: money. Or rather, the lack of it.
Humans could have learned to just help each other instead of making all these currencies and having important things require them. People could be trading each other food or something (I think they used to but I could be wrong.). But we're far away from that point. There's no going back.

Sorry if this sounds weird or doesn't make enough sense. I'm rambling with little sleep.

Had some really ****ing weird dreams last night. One involved being in a vehicle that submerging underwater and I was like,"Okay! Stay calm, you got this!" Despite that though, it was scary! Glad I woke up lol.

I've been into cooking videos on YT and have found that the Japanese/Korean/Asian ones are the best. They go right into the cooking and don't show their faces so the only thing you're focused on is the video. I hate it when vids talk about how they got the recipe or mentioning that a friend or spouse liked their recipe. I could care less...that's why I've been following the Asian ones more. They usually include sub-titles in English too so I can follow along.

I love this song. It’s the perfect intro to use, because it sounds just like a Disney movie song, and everyone’s voice sounds so nice, especially Stan’s, he sounds so adorable. I wonder how many parents thought that maybe, just maybe, this movie wasn’t as bad as they thought it would be… and then they follow it up with the most vulgar song in the entirety of South Park. So vulgar, in fact, that it would be censored if I typed its title. (This song is really enhanced with the visuals, but I included a version that doesn’t have them because of one scene that made me want to bleach my brain, and I don’t want you to have to also)

Most of the problems in my life are caused by the same thing: money. Or rather, the lack of it.
Humans could have learned to just help each other instead of making all these currencies and having important things require them. People could be trading each other food or something (I think they used to but I could be wrong.). But we're far away from that point. There's no going back.

Sorry if this sounds weird or doesn't make enough sense. I'm rambling with little sleep.
That's how it used to be. Bartering. But here's the thing. You want something and you have your type of goods to trade for it. Say you are a farmer. Someone has something you need, but they don't want your produce. Well now you can't get the stuff you may need. I don't know what you would need. Maybe it's wool, fur, some type of material or clothes. It's not like you can make clothes out of potatoes. Both parties would have to have something they want whereas money cuts that issue out.

The dollar sets the value of everything (even if inflation right now and things the way they are is insane) but before that there wasn't really a way to determine the value of trades. Someone trades fruit for leather. Who is getting the better deal here? Depending on what it is you barter it's not like you will always have the stuff ready to trade. When winter hits and farming is dead, how are you going to trade for what you need when the ground is frozen and too cold to grow crops?

Bartering also creates more logical needs. I am going to use the example of artists because there are many on this forum. How many people you think are going to be willing to give away their produce, lumber, fur/pelts, meat for art? The demand for all of those things I listed is way above something like art that is more entertainment and less hinged on surviving.

Got my new monitor today, and lo and behold, I found another dead pixel right away. My luck sucks.

At least this one is far into the top corner where I won't notice it most of the time. I may just deal with it, honestly.

I want a shiny Murkcrow on Arceus 🥺

shiny-murkrow.png

Look at this precious pink/purple boy

... and then they follow it up with the most vulgar song in the entirety of South Park. So vulgar, in fact, that it would be censored if I typed its title.
I haven't watched Bigger, Longer & Uncut in a hot minute, so I was thinking "oh it must be Kyle's Mom", but after doing a quick search I realized that the next song after Mountain Town is the Terrance and Phillip one. Honestly I love the switch from "normal introduction song" to full-blown profanity, South Park style. This is why I love the series. 😭

Last edited:
Freezing time might sound cool, but did you know that if you actually could freeze time, you wouldn’t be able to move because all of the air molecules around you are frozen? You’d also freeze to death because temperature would drop to uninhabitable numbers, and also probably suffocate because, like I said before, the air molecules are frozen. Another thing that shouldn’t work in real life is shrinking down to microscopic sizes. If you were like Ant Man, you wouldn’t be able to breathe because you’re smaller than an oxygen atom. So next time you think that either of those would be a cool superpower, remember that.

I found this out using TV Tropes.

I can't help but notice almost every single ad from a car company that advertises SUV's has their cars going off-road for almost the entire duration. Do they really think everyone that buys an SUV is going to go into the wilderness and kick up so much dirt with their cars like the ones you see in rally races? All I see SUV's being used for in my town are moms going to the grocery store and driving like maniacs on the tarmac! :ROFLMAO:

It makes sense to me, but I also feel like control is also a huge issue. I mean, governments paying people to not farm their land while there are people that exist that are starving doesn't help. I know that situation is complicated, especially between country borders but sometimes the world just feels upside down.

I used to play Pocket Mortys when I was a kid, and it never occurred to me that it was literally a Rick ad Morty version of Pokemon. I never played Pokemon, so I guess that's why I didn't see the similarities back then. I only thought of this after watching the show and hearing one of the soundtracks that was used in the game.

Back